The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about music and podcast

Old 04-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Um Actually oil outlaw

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazin View Post
So did Chris Sims not end up moving, or...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
I don't get it either, frankly.
It seems reasonable to me to conclude at this point that Sims is not going anywhere and respond accordingly if you think that's not acceptable. He made a convention panel appearance with Retronauts as recently as December, and it's been just over a year now since the big discussion about him in this thread where it was mentioned that he'd be moving "soon".
Old 04-02-2019, 11:24 AM
gatchapon 3*

Pronouns: he/him

in other news, i just recorded an episode with Parish and crew after GDC, and i'm super excited about it =)
Old 04-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Brain Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
It seems reasonable to me to conclude at this point that Sims is not going anywhere and respond accordingly if you think that's not acceptable. He made a convention panel appearance with Retronauts as recently as December, and it's been just over a year now since the big discussion about him in this thread where it was mentioned that he'd be moving "soon".
I probably should. Maybe I will when I feel up to it - even though I've been a patron for years, it felt weird/bad to throw this at Parish, as legitimate an issue as I think it is. If someone else wanted to do it in my stead, godspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
in other news, i just recorded an episode with Parish and crew after GDC, and i'm super excited about it =)
Now this, I'm looking forward to. You haven't been on a bad episode yet
Old 04-02-2019, 02:23 PM
hidden in snow

I have an issue that I never got their DVD from their kickstarter, or a link to the file locations. Way back when, I backed at a super high level that originally didnít have the DVD, but they added it to all high tiers with an update. They never followed through though. Jeremy says Bob was in charge of all fulfillment issues, and he never responded to multiple requests (after first saying my tier didnít get dvds).
Old 04-02-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I have an issue that I never got their DVD from their kickstarter, or a link to the file locations. Way back when, I backed at a super high level that originally didnít have the DVD, but they added it to all high tiers with an update. They never followed through though. Jeremy says Bob was in charge of all fulfillment issues, and he never responded to multiple requests (after first saying my tier didnít get dvds).
As far as I know the DVDs have yet to ship, at least I've yet to hear of anyone receiving one.

The videos were never posted for download, just uploaded to YouTube as private listings.

The links to these videos were in this update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1657886

Though it will only be visible if you are a Kickstarter backer.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:20 AM
hidden in snow

Thanks for the link to that update, it never populated on my feed because my donation tier wasnít flagged for the dvd level.

This Kickstarter update from September 2018 shows proof of life of the DVDís, and says you shouldíve received a survey from Kickstarter to update your address.

Recent comments on those posts also indicate they havenít gone out either. At least itís not just me, I guess.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Chief Servbot

Pronouns: He/Him

Parish's interview with Rebecca Heineman is a must-listen.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:39 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorkk View Post
Yeah, this was a fantastic interview. These interview episodes are the highlight of the show for me these days, and among those this was one of the best. There are a lot of podcasts where you can hear nerds talk about their favorite stuff, but very few where you get to hear stories about struggling with early SNES development and thankless Mac ports.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Just caught up on the last month of this thread. I have no particular inside knowledge beyond what you've already concluded; Chris obviously didn't end up moving out of the area as he'd originally planned.

This is still a tough spot for me. Obviously the ultimate decision of who's on Retronauts rests with Jeremy, and I don't feel I have a depth of knowledge of the past situation or of Chris now to question his judgement for his own project. Of course *my* continued association with the project is also up to me. I don't want to drag the whole argument back up but I've said before that I obviously condemn Chris's actions back during the incidents in question. As far as my limited interactions with him now have gone, I don't believe he would make the same mistakes again. I absolutely understand if that's not enough for people personally, and while I'm always sad to lose listeners I get it and hold no hard feelings if someone passes on either episodes including him or the whole project for that reason.

There may be an element of selfishness here, but being part of Retronauts has meant a lot to me and honestly been one of the things keeping me moving through some rough times recently. I'm going to be sticking with it for now. But I really apologize that the current state of things makes some people feel excluded or unwelcome.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Brain Genius

My issues with Sims have nothing to do with you nor do I hold staying on the show against you. You're a good guest and I'd hate to see you go anyway

I do appreciate the heads up though that Sims didn't end up moving so I can stop expecting him to keep appearing.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
I'm going to be sticking with it for now.
I'm glad to hear it. I really enjoy your presence on the show.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Slammaster

I forgot to share this here: I found all the episodes of Bonus Stage on an old harddrive about six months ago, so naturally, I watched and livetweeted every one of them.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:34 PM
hidden in snow

Had to miss out on the Retronauts panel at Midwest Gaming Classic today due to conflicts with toddler naptime, but they did an impromptu 20 minute talk evangelizing Heiankyo Alien. It was in the main gaming area, and their speakers kept getting drowned out by the main PA, so I caught about half the talk. I hope their main talk was recorded for the podcast feed.

Tags
bob mackey! , heiankyo alien , podcasts , retronauts , wow