The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 12-06-2017, 11:37 PM
disguised king of surfing

I'm possibly going to be busy tomorrow evening (meeting up with other friends for D&D with them, so you know, don't feel too bad for me), though I'm open Friday if you run a second day.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:57 PM
We just don't know.

I'll be back and ready to go in a half hour to 45 minutes! Sorry!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:18 PM
is Earnest

We never set a time! When are we starting?
Old 12-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Prancing in the rain

Location: Maryland, right next to that capital of the U.S. thing.

E: oops, scratch that, It looks like I am going to my parent's house today.
Sorry about that.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:47 PM
We just don't know.

Fuckin timezones! I was early, not late!

Um, HoV and I are in there and HoV said R$2 just got off work so maybe he'll be here soon too
Old 12-07-2017, 05:54 PM
is Earnest

Cool, I’ll jump in soon.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Chuck 'im into the soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell
Echo is very smart.

We saw the big snail with the very very shiny shiny shiny shell when we left before. Echo thought of how to trap it. So we trapped it.

Echo said the other thing we saw was a kind of mushroom that looks scary and then booms sometimes. I don't really understand but it looked scary so we ran away and then it boomed and we came back.

Then me and Mag shot the snail a bunch of times and it died. It was delicious and the shell is very shiny. And very heavy. Heavier than one mule could carry that Echo was smart and brought with.

So we camped out and shot at more mushrooms that did not boom while Echo went back and got another mule and a wagon and some rope and we got the shell into the wagon and brought it back and now we have our own shiny shiny thing I love it

On the way back Mag fed a dog and it vanished because dogs do that sometimes I guess
Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 PM

From the Journal of Echo [with marginalia]:

Success! The Shell is ours! [sketch of a snail shell with sunbeams and stars around it]

I write this as Bell polishes our treasure out in the town square. The Flail Snail Exoskeleton catches the daylight very beautifully out here, and I must say I find it very difficult to write, but I have to get this down in case I ever forget. If you are me, years from now, close your eyes and remember.

This. Is. Joy.

We departed a day after heavy rain - Bell, Mag and myself [drawing of three crows]. Since it was on the way, I asked Mag to lead us back to what I have labeled the Floating Stump on my map. He found it again easy enough, and we negotiated with a large host of spiders that had taken up residence therein [sketch of a prone spider with "ZZZZZZzzzzzz...." over it]. We were fortunate to harvest not one, but two of the mushrooms, which I collected and jarred. Tomorrow I will attempt to determine if they might be preserved, powdered, or made into potion form [small alchemical equation with a big question mark].

We located the cave, and I set to work. I excavated a large pit outside, which would allow us to leverage our speed and ranged weaponry against this beast. Bell and Mag cleared the cave of a straggling Vine-Whip creature [squiggle], and I prepared to lure the Snail outside while the others went to take up position at the pit.

Then the Beholder came [one large circle, several smaller ones hovering over it].

I had read of these creatures. Huge, disembodied heads with extra eyes on stalks, like a lobster. Fantastically dangerous. Powerful magic. Mag spotted it first, and was able to warn me before I drew out the snail and doomed us all - his quick action saved our lives. With Cricket as a lookout, we zigged when it zagged, using the cave's geometry to elude the Beholder. We had to engage the snail as we went, but Bell managed to hold it off single-handedly while Mag and I got past and got distance [sketch of Bell in a Superman pose, with sunrays and stars around him].

We escaped the cave and pondered our options. We were still debating when we heard and felt a powerful blast from back inside the cave. I sent Cricket to investigate, and discovered the Snail had smote the Beholder, popping him like an inflated bladder!

We continued as before, and our preparations were rewarded. The beast died peppered with arrows and bolts, and we ate a delicious meal over a friendly campfire.

Within the cave I examined the deflated hide of the beholder, and discovered that its "Eyestalks" were merely capped fungi of some unknown species. It's flesh was plant-like as well, as if some fungal growth had ballooned into a sphere and set out to wander the world. I do not think these Beholders are as dangerous as they are cracked up to be... perhaps they are uniquely vulnerable to the slams of the Flail Snail. [Poet Magus says NOT A BEHOLDER]

We found a sort of glassy residue in its hovel, and harvested as much as we could find, thinking it might be valuable. But the true prize was this magnificent shell.

Magnificent, and Massive. My mule could not pull the weight of the thing. We could not budge it from where it lie. The others sent me to town to acquire a cart and a second mule, as well as some engineering supplies. Thus armed, we managed to drop the thing into our new cart, where it still sits. Then began a long, slow trip home.

A final note: we met a wild canine on the way back to the outpost. Mag tried to befriend it. I do not know if he succeeded, for the dog vanished before our eyes! Some kind of fairy, I think.

Tags
attempted murder , dungeons and dragons , penalty for being bard , what are kenku?