The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 12-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Default A Movie I Wrote While Piss Drunk - A Tall Order

https://youtu.be/Y7N7iyxbtx4

Two screenwriters can't seem to get their script going. In order to amend this they decide to rob a house. What at first seemed like a simple robbery turns out to be A Tall Order as they have stumbled upon Barney's House.
---
So I figured some of y'all might enjoy this film. My friends and I wrote this in half an hour and took a shot every five minutes plus one at the start. The rule was that, however something was written in the script, we'd have to perform exactly as its written. Additionally, we filmed the next day and we were all very hungover. I've made over 50 short films now, with most of the other ones on my old YouTube channel, but A Tall Order stands out among my favourites for just the sheer nonsense of it. Nothing in the plot makes any sense and, the potentially good concept of the movie (Robbing a house for props is a funny idea), is undercut by the fact that the characters do not in any way act how they should or do reasonable things. Like, the screenwriter thing is just window dressing and doesn't effect the plot or characters in a meaningful way at all. The blatant stupidity is contrasted with the legit good editing and decent cinematography (Considering we had no story board or shot list or anything, I mean. Not actually good). It was also edited in the same day as filming.

The fight at the end is my favourite that I've done, and sometimes I just watch that bit because it gets me hyped. I wanted to film a bad shounen anime style fight in live action and the result is amazing.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:27 PM

If you're curious I play Maxwell "Bitch" Heldsman.