The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about food

Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM
King Of Space-Time

That's some New Coke levels of BS. Notice they don't try that down here. If they've managed to piss off Canada, imagine how America would react.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Apply Bertolli, cast FIRE

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikaiju View Post
If they've managed to piss off Canada
I don't think LBD_Nytetrayn speaks for "Canada". I've literally never heard or seen anyone else complain about any of this before, and I doubt I ever will. It's fricking fast food chicken. It's fine.

Last edited by JBear; 03-06-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:04 AM
120 Days

Pronouns: He/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
I don't think LBD_Nytetrayn speaks for "Canada". I've literally never heard or seen anyone else complain about any of this before, and I doubt I ever will. It's fricking fast food chicken. It's fine.
LBD, from what I've observed, is insanely engaged in the fast food world. I can't even remember the last time I got KFC, and I don't see it happening any time soon.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:34 AM
King Of Space-Time

Granted. But then as he pointed out, KFC had to put up that webpage to "explain".
Old 03-06-2019, 09:35 AM
..and his little cat, too

Thank you.

And I'm going by the people speaking out about it on social media, for whatever that metric is worth. I don't know if as many people are on about it now, but it was all over their posts back when they made the change, and people still bring it up there.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:47 PM
King Of Space-Time

Ding dong, the d!#&head is gone.

Papa John finally departs from Papa John’s
Quote:
QSR Magazine reports today that “The 5,000-plus unit pizza chain and Schnatter agreed to a separation plan, according to a securities filing Tuesday, where Schnatter will leave the company’s board in exchange for having a say in naming his replacement.”
Old 03-21-2019, 04:47 PM

The 4 for $4 combos at Wendy's are lit. Especially when you get staff that let you sub out items. Sub out the fries for a side salad? YES PLEASE. Get a chili in there instead of the burger? I am here for that. Tremendous value!

All of this is tempered however with the revelation that Wendy's apparently changed their bbq sauce recently. A devastating change! The new one isn't bad per say, but the old one was the top tier of fast food bbq sauces, and any change away from it is a downgrade. I'm actually super sad right now, far more than is reasonable over fast food.

Tags
black bun , deep-fried , fries with that , good food quickly , guilty pleasures , ha1loween , hamberders , hamburgers , i'm burgin' , regional differences , where's the beef? , wholegrains kill you