The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
gatchapon 3*

i got a 3 star cecil. worth getting the lb pots? i don't really understand them.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:39 PM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

If you have the corn, yes. LBs level much faster at lower * levels than at higher but levels are retained. LB pots are much more effective for a low level cecil. It makes the difference between a 45% buff (already good) and (I believe) a 72% buff (ridiculous).
Old 11-02-2016, 08:31 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
If you have the corn, yes. LBs level much faster at lower * levels than at higher but levels are retained. LB pots are much more effective for a low level cecil. It makes the difference between a 45% buff (already good) and (I believe) a 72% buff (ridiculous).
Wait...you mean if you level up an LB at 3* to max and then awaken them to 4/5*...it's the same level as it was at 3*? But...LBs take more XP to level at higher star ratings so...uhhhh that's not
Old 11-03-2016, 08:14 AM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

That's exactly the case. The level of your LB remains constant, not the amount of XP you've put into it. So there is significant incentive not to scream e.g. Cecil straight up to 6-star the second you get him - you'll NEVER max his LB out at 6star, not ever (you might but it takes more effort and dedication than I'll put in).

It also means there is some value in putting a maxed-xp unawakened character in your party - they'll negate their share of XP, sure, but they'll benefit from levelling LB. There's a choice to be made.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM
gatchapon 3*

argh, i pulled the trigger on getting cecil from 3 to 4 too quickly then.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Wimpy Gamer

Holy shit y'all. Refia. Lenna, you're off the team. That more than makes up for getting VLC Fina last week. Girl's so basic she doesn't even learn Curaja.

EDIT: Did a full-priced Lapis pull and got Arc. I can safely ignore this banner from here on out. Luneth would be amazing, but I have no confidence in being able to pull a Rainbow Crystal that wouldn't be a troll unit.

Last edited by Belmont; 11-04-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:27 AM
gatchapon 3*

two refias and an arc. off to a good start, new banner.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Wimpy Gamer

Because I lack self-control: I did a 10+1 and a couple of dailies. I now have 5 Refias (da fuq am i gonna do with 5 Refias???), another Arc, an Ingus, and my first Chizuru (!). Her TM is a game-changer. So much so that I'm abandoning my plans for Monstertruck Garland. When all is said and done, I should be able to easily break 600 ATK with Firion by the time he his 6* Upgrade is released.

Equipment: Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, Black Cowl, Maximillian, Ribbon
Abilities: Dual Wield (currently at 92%), Blade Mastery, Light's Blessing, Barrage (already have this one)

Will try and get 1-2 Snow's in the upcoming FFXIII banner for his TM accessory. My next TM project will be getting a dual-wielding Omnirod Exdeath of Doom with 3x MAG+30%. I already have all of the Units to do as much. Just gotta wait a month or so for the macros to do their thang.

Grodd bless Switch Controls.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:44 PM
gatchapon 3*

hey, we're all on each other's friend lists, right?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Wimpy Gamer

Probably not. I cleared out a buncha inactives a while back.

I'm 203,088,890. Just sent you a friend request, shivam.

EDIT: Looking into things, I'm going to forego Light's Blessing with something else seeming as buffs don't stack.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:43 AM
does the Underpants Dance

I'm done with this game too I think. There's just nothing to look forward to with how the game is structured. Gacha pulls let me get various flavors of party roles that ultimately don't really matter because it just depends on what each individual unit learns. The only way to progress outside of pulls is through event equipment, which isn't much of an improvement until you can do ELT then all of a sudden it's a huge increase, and Trust Mastery which is a super fucking awful mechanic that deserves to die.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 AM
gatchapon 3*

i dunno, i'm enjoying the story, and it looks like there's a pretty big ass content dump coming thursday.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Wimpy Gamer

Exclamation

new content update comes with 14,400 free lapis from the new missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
I'm done with this game too I think. There's just nothing to look forward to with how the game is structured. Gacha pulls let me get various flavors of party roles that ultimately don't really matter because it just depends on what each individual unit learns. The only way to progress outside of pulls is through event equipment, which isn't much of an improvement until you can do ELT then all of a sudden it's a huge increase, and Trust Mastery which is a super fucking awful mechanic that deserves to die.
i don't disagree with any of this. yet i'm still playing. mostly because i'm bypassing the terrible TM system thru macro'ing the rewards. but also, because i like the idea of this game much more than the actual game itself. if that makes any sense.

Last edited by Belmont; 01-02-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Wimpy Gamer

YOLO pull on the new banner hoping for Tilith.

Huh.

Coupled with Garland, Cloud of Darkness, and Exdeath I've got a pretty mean looking #teamDarkness.

EDIT: I managed to not only pull a 5-star base unit, but I pressed my luck and got Tilith as well. As if that weren't enough I finally got Dual Wield up and running. What a day~

Last edited by Belmont; 11-11-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Wimpy Gamer

After having astronomically abysmal luck in the FFRK Onion Knight banner, I decided to try my luck in Exvius. Because my luck in these two games seems to rotate. Did a daily pull. Gold Crystal. Gaffgarion pls?

I tap the crystal and it breaks into a Rainbow.

... really?

Sat there for a good minute, hoping that it wasn't going to be a troll crystal after having pulled Elza not that long ago. And... off-banner Lightning! So much for Dark Knight Cecil. I'll take it. In one month my account went from having no DPS to having Chizuru (who is severaly outclassed until she gets her 6* EVO) Elza, Lightning, and a fully-leveled Cloud of Darkness. #girlpower
Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 PM
so exciting!

anyway ariana grande is gonna be a character in this. take that gackt.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:48 PM
Indecisive Epicure

I stopped playing FFBE after reaching the end of the initial release's story content, but launched it during the Ariana event just to verify I wanted to uninstall it, like FFRK. But seeing that mountain of unused Friend Pts tempted me too much, and then I decided to stay for the Ariana event since it disgusted my roommate so much. One thing lead to another, and I'm playing it regularly now. I've got a lot of recent good pulls (Chizuru, Exdeath, Dark Fina, Lightning) but need to get them trained up to be useful. I'm focusing on dumping pots into Exdeath and Chizuru for the moment, but I wonder if maybe I shouldn't be focusing on the other two instead? I still need a good healer as well. I'm mostly rotating Fina and Prim at the moment, and neither is fantastic. And I still have Golbez for my friend summon, which is a bit embarrassing. Exdeath is just about ready to swap out for him, though.

As for why I ended up playing it again, a big pull is just having so much story content I haven't done open for me. Gameplay-wise it helps that between the events, the story quests, and the coliseum, I pretty much have three things to do at any time based on how I'm feeling. The difficulty balance also just seems a lot better than FFRK's ever was. I actually feel engaged with a decent number of the fights, in contrast to my FFRK experience of every fight being horribly one-sided in either my or the enemy's favor. But, lastly, I did not remember the music for this game being so good! I don't really care for the battle theme unfortunately, but all the other music is surprising in its quality.

On a final note, I have still yet to put a single cent into this game, and it's difficult to see why I would need to. Nearing the point where I'll do so just because I've enjoyed myself enough, though.

Tags
actually not terrible , actually terrible? , final fantasy , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , square enix , thin edge of the biggs , thin edge of the vicks , thin edge of the wedge