The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 03-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned

Default I am impossibly drunk.

And regardless of my ability to spell, this holds true. Discuss?

I love you all, truly, and so much.

Let it happen.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Space Prez

I don't believe you on account of your ability to spell.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Shall we praise the sun?

I also spell perfectly when drunk. I may have to do some extra proofreading, but it's rare for me to let an error slip by. The only way to tell I'm posting drunk is by how badly I embarrass myself. So, yeah, I don't doubt this thread was started under the influence.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 AM

pfft!
FACT: if you can still type on a keyboard then you're not drunk enough, so go down some raw vodka then come back.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Loves to Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer View Post
pfft!
FACT: if you can still type on a keyboard then you're not drunk enough, so go down some raw vodka then come back.
COUNTEREXAMPLE: On the occasion on which I was the most drunk that I have ever been (like, to the point of not being able to operate my legs properly - note that I DO NOT recommend doing this), I was perfectly capable of operating my cell phone, and even keeping track of how many times I had called individual people (as evidenced by the growing irritability of the voicemail messages that I left). I even managed to avoid drunk-dialing the truly embarrassing numbers (work supervisor, research adviser, grandparents, etc.), and limited myself to leaving a barely-coherent message with Shinji Ikari-esque levels of angst and self-loathing for my would-be girlfriend at the time.

(Note also that the complications arising from this unique relationship dynamic were among the primary reasons that I got this drunk in the first place, and that the fallout from this incident resulted in several similar escapades, including: babbling about how I stopped watching Bleach fansubs at like episode 30 when some friends dropped by the dorm room to hang out and discovered me lying shirtless and semicoherent on the floor surrounded by a pile of broken furniture and with said program on TV; and getting kicked out of a bar by a police officer when I attempted to demonstrate my sobriety by pointing out loudly and repeatedly that he was, in fact, a Houston Police Department officer and not a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy)

In all of the above situations, I was perfectly capable of framing a coherent sentence, and probably just as capable of typing one.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Bald Gendou

My Guitar Hero ability increases exponentially with every two drinks I injest.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:31 PM
zombie

i have the ability to compeletly forget about the girl who was hitting on me and drunkingly wander around chicago...
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Minnesota Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkuro View Post
I also spell perfectly when drunk. I may have to do some extra proofreading, but it's rare for me to let an error slip by.
I'll type something, and then have to force my eyes to keep all the words from moving around, but damn it, I'll get out that 2 sentence reply even if it takes me 5 minutes to make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 PM
i musnt run away

I also have impeccable spelling and grammar when drunk, I do however often use <i>the wrong format tags</i> when under the influence.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
COUNTEREXAMPLE: On the occasion on which I was the most drunk that I have ever been (like, to the point of not being able to operate my legs properly - note that I DO NOT recommend doing this), I was perfectly capable of operating my cell phone, and even keeping track of how many times I had called individual people (as evidenced by the growing irritability of the voicemail messages that I left). I even managed to avoid drunk-dialing the truly embarrassing numbers (work supervisor, research adviser, grandparents, etc.), and limited myself to leaving a barely-coherent message with Shinji Ikari-esque levels of angst and self-loathing for my would-be girlfriend at the time.

(Note also that the complications arising from this unique relationship dynamic were among the primary reasons that I got this drunk in the first place, and that the fallout from this incident resulted in several similar escapades, including: babbling about how I stopped watching Bleach fansubs at like episode 30 when some friends dropped by the dorm room to hang out and discovered me lying shirtless and semicoherent on the floor surrounded by a pile of broken furniture and with said program on TV; and getting kicked out of a bar by a police officer when I attempted to demonstrate my sobriety by pointing out loudly and repeatedly that he was, in fact, a Houston Police Department officer and not a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy)

In all of the above situations, I was perfectly capable of framing a coherent sentence, and probably just as capable of typing one.
Ah ok, yes I can concentrate and avoid those horrible conversations over the phone, but when in front of a keyboard I can't type properly and I don't care about editing the posts (proofreading whilst drunk is cheating).
Old 03-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderDL View Post
I'll type something, and then have to force my eyes to keep all the words from moving around, but damn it, I'll get out that 2 sentence reply even if it takes me 5 minutes to make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
This is exactly what happened!

I was worried my evening-after checkup on this post would bring a cold slap of embarrassment, but no... my e-dignity suffers naught, or negligibly.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Rawrther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm Guycot View Post
Same, but with TMNT and Pac-Man CE.

Pac-Man CE is a trip when drunk, with the techno music banging and whatnot.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 AM

I've only played N64 Micro Machines whilst drunk, but I played with 7 ppl and it was TONS of fun.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Perpetually ruffled.

During the first time I ever got drunk, I watched Hostel.

That's pretty much the only reason I remember it being an awesome movie.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

Quote:
I think this is true for everyone.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Level 10 Roustabout/Knave

I drank so much Saturday that I am still feeling it 36 hours later. I think I might have accidentally gotten sick while my body was fighting off the poison I was consuming in mass quantities.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
A No.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderDL View Post
Same here. Text messaging is impossibly hard, but damn it, I hate spelling errors!

Quote:
My own observations have lead me to believe that most people don't necessarily play better, but they play more awesomely.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

I just type super-fast when drunk and am usually really hyper and want to move onto something else, so even if I notice a mistake I probably won't do anything about it or figure I'll deal with it when sober.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Lv. 7 lawful woods faffer

I've only been drunk ONE TIME in my whole life, and I puked on my friend's Xbox.

This was before the good Xbox came out and it was just that old shitty black one.

Take that, Micro$oft!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 AM
We just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickroad View Post
I've only been drunk ONE TIME in my whole life
Truly, an assassin of fun.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Evocative

This post will contain Too Much Information.

I had my first hangover today! And last night was the first time I've been really and truly drunk... had some whiskey with a friend, then my flatmate invited me to have a few beers (ended up at seven beers). The problem is that it turns out the meds I'm on interact poorly with alcohol in largish quantities. There was much throwing up I'm afraid. Thankfully, my flatmate did a great job guiding me through the experience and made sure I drank lots of water to get everything out of my system. Indeed I now feel almost normal. And I've cleaned everything up and life is good.

But I don't think I'm going to be having anything much stronger than Diet Coke for the next few days.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Are You Sure About That?

There is a certain school of thought that says more of what messed you up in the first place is good for what ails ya.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Rawrther.

You know what sucks?

Being hungover and being sick to your stomach and colon, but the only bathroom in the house is being occupied by your friend's dad, who takes HOUR LONG SHOWERS.

Worst hangover ever.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Hawkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortbassist89 View Post
You know what sucks?

Being hungover and being sick to your stomach and colon, but the only bathroom in the house is being occupied by your friend's dad, who takes HOUR LONG SHOWERS.

Worst hangover ever.
Aren't you a high school senior?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Yeah, that means absolutely nothing actually. The people who handle alcohol the best are the ones who learn what it's like to drink it and all the attendant crap before they go to college party land.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Hawkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyblue View Post
Yeah, that means absolutely nothing actually.
In what manner does that mean absolutely nothing? I'm sure there are some that would disagree.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Rawrther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraymonds View Post
Aren't you a high school senior?
My official answer is that this story was handed down to me by. er. my older brother.

Yep. Good ol' cortbassist86.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraymonds View Post
In what manner does that mean absolutely nothing? I'm sure there are some that would disagree.
I'm pretty sure the entirety of Europe and Asia would like to say hi. It's not unusual in those entire geographic areas for families to allow their kids to drink a bit as they grow older just to prevent the kind of partying American kids do. They also have much lower rates of drinking related crimes done by youngsters because their parents taught them responsible drinking habits.

I don't drink myself, unless it's a social situation and even then not much.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Brain Boiled in Anthrax

Yeah alcohol was introduced very casually into my life by my family. I started being able to have a glass of wine with meals at around 16. It was never a big deal to me as my parents demystified it. I drink to the state of actually being drunk maybe once or twice a year, and mostly just drink socially or have a glass of scotch or brandy or wine once a week. Binge drinking is harmful and only a big deal in America because of the way we treat alcohol.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
A No.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortbassist89 View Post
Yep. Good ol' cortbassist86.
Ok, this made me laugh a lot.

Tags
alcohol , beer goggles , beer googles , druuuuuuuuuunk! , hic , i love you man , intoxication nation , none more embarrassing , poor decisions , self-medicating , soiling oneself , sunday morning , the best of tt , typos , worthwhile decisions