The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef View Post
One day, I'll understand modern Disney's fixation with burritos.
It's the Schroedinger's Cat of foods. Until you bite into it, it contains a universe of possibility.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:25 PM
me want the puyopuyon

*extremely I've read a tutorial on programming in Haskell voice* it's like a monad, but edible
Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 PM
#2 Aero the Acro-Bat Fan

I've caught the first 8 eps (just need to catch the latest before weekend ends and I've got to leave town again). I like it, although the focus is pretty heavily more on slapstick and comedy in general over actual adventuring. This kind of made some eps feel a bit weird, like the episode named after the Terra-Firmians having them show up at the end and it amounts to "oh, they exist". On the other hand, the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook being an actual book and not an app was strange, but sure, okay.

I am finding myself wishing for more Donald, in general. Since honestly he's the king of the slapstick stuff, and has been underutilized in the original Ducktales. They did spread the slapstick a bit between him and LP, though.

It almost seems like they don't know what to do with LP, specifically. He was always thick headed, but he's a flat out moron here. I think that's kind of a side effect of the less-adventure-more-comedy approach. It was certainly balanced well in Darkwing Duck, of course, but he's competing with way more characters here. In the Gladstone ep they literally just had him check out of the story after he flew the rest of the characters in.

Glomgold is just a harmless goof here, too. It seems like Magica is going be the only somewhat serious villain for a while.

Of course, the show is just starting, and I expect they'll really find their groove in time.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Not a Beer

Disney also apparently front-loaded more of the slice-of-life-ish episodes, reportedly to focus on fleshing out the new/expanded character personalities for the triplets, webby, etc., which pushed back some of the more adventure-y and Scrooge-centric episodes.

Tags
aeroplanes , animation , d d d danger , disney , doctor whooge , ducktales! , ducktor who , gravity falls with ducks , lasers , racecars , rewrite history , solve a mystery , who is dewey , woo-oo