The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 10-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Outer Space Man

Default It's Morphin Time! Talking about Power Rangers Hyperforce

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but it seems the most sensible, so here we are. I discovered this yesterday, and it's kind of blowing my mind. It's a new show called Power Rangers Hyperforce, which is a new series running on the web concurrently with what's running on tv. It's not the next series after "Ninja Steel".
What's crazy about this show is that it's not your standard Power Rangers stuff: it's a bunch of people getting together to livestream a tabletop RPG, ala watching an episode of "Tabletop" with Wil Wheaton. This is where the craziness begins: Firstly, the game they are playing is a brand new game designed for this show, it's not a game that anyone can buy and/or play, at least not yet. Secondly, it's an official....thing, from Saban, so it has an official theme song, and stars actual Power Rangers actors: The Red Ranger is the guy who is currently playing the Blue Ranger on Ninja Steel, and the Yellow Ranger is played by Paul Schrier, who has played Bulk off and on for the last 25(!) years. He's a new character, but yes, Bulk is basically officially a ranger now.(!) Also, the series is sort of a sequel to Time Force, starting in the year 3016, and the rangers are cadets at the time force academy. Jen from Time Force serves in a cameo role for the first episode as the rangers instructor. The last kicker is that since this obviously an American product, the new rangers suits are the first full team created without a super sentai counterpart.
The show airs live on Hyper RPG's Twitch channel on Tuesday nights at 6 PST, and the previous week's episode goes on youtube on Tuesdays before the new episode goes live.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

Well, that sounds delightfully insane. Is this brand new or are there any episodes already up on YouTube I can watch?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Outer Space Man

The first episode aired last week, so it'll be on youtube some time tomorrow. I haven't seen it yet either, but I can't wait!
Old 10-31-2017, 05:56 PM
Outer Space Man

First episode is up!