The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 03-30-2018, 06:55 AM
King Of Space-Time

Best I came up with is dwalling means you're basically sleepwalking or in a fugue. and an elver is a young eel migrating upriver.

A roundabout way of saying he's half-assing his classes?
Old 03-31-2018, 01:30 PM
[kɾoˈxuːɾ]

I guess this is a nearly a month old, but I'm just now learning that Alison's got a new comic out from Boom! soon.

Quote:
BOOM! Studios is proud to announce BY NIGHT #1 in June 2018, kicking off an all-new twelve-issue monthly series from Eisner Award-nominated writer John Allison (Giant Days) and artist Christine Larsen (Adventure Time) about coming home, discovering identity, and accidentally smashing a hole to another dimension.

Aspiring documentarian (and actual chemistry major) Jane has recently reunited with her former best friend Heather, amateur urban explorer. When a trip into an abandoned industrial building leads them to another world, their plan begins to unfold—create a documentary about the world and become filthy, filthy rich. The other side of the portal is filled with monsters, magic and a chance for a whole new life. All they have to do is step through…

“BY NIGHT combines my love of Fringe, the X-Files, Jon Ronson documentaries and long reads about the collapse of post-Industrial western society,” said writer John Allison. “It’s about going home after college and seeing your home town, and your old friends, through opened eyes. I should also add that it will contain plenty of jokes, dads, mild peril and ludicrous beasts that will almost certainly obscure any lofty intellectual ambitions I might have. And I’m so excited to be working with Christine Larsen on the book, a true star with pencil and pen. Readers are going to love her art.”

“John has written a story with everything I like: interesting female protagonists, strange creatures, urban decay, and sharp humor,” artist Christine Larsen. “I’m psyched to be on this adventure with him, and hope readers will feel the same.”
(There's a couple of preview pages in the link, too.)

It sounds very much within his wheelhouse, but I think this marks his first project outside the Tackleverse— and its characters— in years. I'm interested to see how that goes!
Old 04-04-2018, 02:58 PM
There he is!

Has anyone else read this month's Giant Days yet? I was weirdly proud of Daisy for realizing that the Rainbow house was a cult. At the beginning of the series she definitely would have fallen for that.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:20 AM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

Giant Days vol. 7 just arrived and was, typically, delightful. Really enjoying watching Daisy grapple with the issues that come with a first love.

as for SGR: HOW did I miss until now that Sunita was dishy Romesh's sister?
Old 04-12-2018, 04:10 PM
of the Black Falcons

I would read the Lunar Sea trilogy.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:26 AM

"Great hair though. Outrageous hair."
Old 04-20-2018, 05:36 AM

Snrkkkkkkk oh this is everything I needed and didn't know I wanted

Tags
drunk and hot girls , fantastic gams , fishman fishman fishman