The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 10-22-2018, 03:11 PM
of the Black Falcons

Pronouns: he, him

Good point, thanks! Since it's only a one-shot I'm not too worried about them going off the rails, but I'll make sure to mention that they still have to work as a team and try to accomplish their goals, even though they're evil. Murdering random people or screwing each other over just to be edgy will probably make everything more difficult for them.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:56 AM
of the Black Falcons

D&D Beyond has all of the rulebooks on sale for $20, and you can use the code FALL25 to bring the price of each down to $15 (half of the usual cost). I know that a lot of people are hesitant to buy in since itís an additional cost to the physical books, but Iíve been using it for a year and itís really great. Having the entire list of spells, monsters, and magic items available and able to be searched, filtered, and linked from each other is extremely nice. Having character building options in one place is great too, and their new digital character sheets are excellent. The app recently updated too so that everything is searchable, or you can read the books as they were printed. If you play a lot of D&D, and especially if you DM, itís worth it.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:32 PM
King Of Space-Time

Also,

Last edited by Daikaiju; 01-20-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 PM
of the Black Falcons

I finally hit level 6 with my Adventurerís League Gloom Stalker and added a level of Rogue. It feels really good to finally get here!

Current abilities:
Archery Fighting Style, +1 Longbow
Extra Attack, Sneak Attack
Dread Ambusher (initiative bonus, third attack and extra d8 damage on round one)
6 Spell Slots (Hunterís Mark, Zephyr Strike, Ensnaring Strike, Healing Spirit, Disguise Self, Rope Trick)
Magic Initiate (Druidcraft, Guidance, Goodberry)
Expertise in Perception and Stealth
Umbral Sight (darkvision and canít be seen in the dark)

Plus a ton of other stuff that probably wonít ever come up. Iím probably going to pick Scout as the Rogue subclass just because itís such a great thematic fit, and then get Sharpshooter at level 9 to really break the game open. Anyway, this character is a great archer and has a lot of magic and out of combat abilities, and itís been a lot of fun so far. Looking forward to adding Sneak Attack in to the mix.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM
The Goofiest Roebro

For those who don't know, the Retroverse kickstarter campaign relaunched today. And was funded in 30 minutes, and still going strong. They narrowed their focus, and I think they have a lot of good ideas.

Retroverse is a D&D 5E based setting that is a hodgepodge of all kinds of 80s and early 90s pop culture, mashed into a neon synth wave fever dream, with influences like Sailor Moon, hair metal bands, keytars, Power Rangers, Tron, and so much more. And there are corgis that shoot laser beams from their mouths!

This is basically so much my jam, that I felt I should share it with the rest of you. Like I said, the project is funded, but they have a huge pile of stretch goals.

Tags
concentration , dungeons and dragons , edition wars , gith racism , penalty for being bard , tasha's hideous slaughter