The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 04-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
I think I used horses more than the average player. Everyone I see playing online just warps everywhere and then runs in straight lines. I loved setting a horse down the roads and spinning the camera around. i found so many fun little corners of the world that way, and I found it extremely relaxing. It reminded me of sailing in WW, but better in every way. I highly recommend it.
Yeah, same here. I actually had a policy of restricting my fast travel usage to the top of Sheikah Towers, so I spent a lot more time on the roads. It was great.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Media Sellout

Pronouns: He him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Yeah, same here. I actually had a policy of restricting my fast travel usage to the top of Sheikah Towers, so I spent a lot more time on the roads. It was great.
I used those and the ones right by the stables and the ones right by the towns, just because you go to those places a LOT. My main MO was to warp to nearest stable, call my horse, and then ride to my destination.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Out Of Warranty

Pronouns: He/him

I finished the Master Sword Trials yesterday! It was less frustrating than I expected, even though I did consider quitting when my controller's button jammed when I was being chased by a Guardian who vaporized me when Link stopped running. It has some moments when I felt like a total badass, like when I used an arrow bomb to create a draft to get close to the sniper Guardian in the last level, or the fight against the six stationary guardians where I used them as shields against each other. Good times.

BTW, everybody complains about the Lynels, but the real difficulty spikes are anything that has to do with Lizalfos (god, the three Lizalfos in the hut in the beginner trials) and mounted Bokoblins (they hit *hard*). Also, I'll never get the hang of battling Taluses on foot - thank Hylia for hot air drafts and bombs.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

Once I got the Master Sword I always used it first because it's the only rechargeable sword. I use it for bokoblins and mining. I also use it for Guardians and bosses if it was available then. Once it shuts down I go through my consumable weapons from weakest to strongest.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Media Sellout

Except for areas where it got a boost, I always had plenty of other swords that we're way more powerful than the master sword. I did use it a lot as a rechargable ax
Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 AM
YOU FOOL??

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
I did use it a lot as a rechargable ax
I never get why anyone uses axes on trees when bombs exist.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Mystery Contraption

Pronouns: He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerhof View Post
Or in this game, for that matter.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Media Sellout

Quote:
Mostly because bombs can blow your wood over cliffs and whatnot. I often would throw bombs into tree and then clean up with axes for the recharge.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Out Of Warranty

Also, axes (and the master sword) are faster than bombs since they don't need recharging or switching runes. Not important when you only need to down one tree, but when you're farming those 50 bundles of wood, speed matters.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 AM
[kɾoˈxuːɾ]

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
This was my method of choice. My brother was very annoyed.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positronic Brain View Post
Also, axes (and the master sword) are faster than bombs since they don't need recharging or switching runes. Not important when you only need to down one tree, but when you're farming those 50 bundles of wood, speed matters.
There's also woodcutter's axes near several stables, making for easy restocking.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Mr. Jackpots

Pronouns: he/him

Weapons should only use durability when hitting enemies imo
Old 04-11-2018, 10:45 AM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
The axe sound effect is very satisfying.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:48 AM
oh my car

Pronouns: he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positronic Brain View Post
I finished the Master Sword Trials yesterday! It was less frustrating than I expected, even though I did consider quitting when my controller's button jammed when I was being chased by a Guardian who vaporized me when Link stopped running. It has some moments when I felt like a total badass, like when I used an arrow bomb to create a draft to get close to the sniper Guardian in the last level, or the fight against the six stationary guardians where I used them as shields against each other. Good times.

BTW, everybody complains about the Lynels, but the real difficulty spikes are anything that has to do with Lizalfos (god, the three Lizalfos in the hut in the beginner trials) and mounted Bokoblins (they hit *hard*). Also, I'll never get the hang of battling Taluses on foot - thank Hylia for hot air drafts and bombs.
I never heard that complaint, because you can find ancient arrows in the third trial and just delete it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Out Of Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I never heard that complaint, because you can find ancient arrows in the third trial and just delete it.
Yup, did just that. Yay, winning!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

I'm doing Master Mode now. I'm about to reach Kakariko. Most interesting thing so far is how I got Hetsu's maracas. I died a couple times against the bokoblins in a straight fight so I climbed up a tall rock and threw bombs down at them. The bombs eventually knocked them off the cliff. Two died from the fall (or more likely drowning in the river below), but one survived and started healing. He was far enough down that if I climbed down after him I probably wouldn't have enough stamina to get back up so I just kept dropping bombs after him. I got into a rhythm of dropping both round and cube bombs to keep the barage as frequent as possible. After about twenty more bombs one knocked him into the river and he drowned.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

One of the most challenging new things about Master Mode is that the duration of the guardians' white flash is now very variable.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
a foaming sea bear

Pronouns: they're more hobbyist nouns tbh

This looks cute
Old 08-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Robot arms for everyone!

Has anyone else seen this before?

Last edited by falz; 08-13-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Pronouns: She

All I'm seeing is an error that video playback was aborted?
Old 08-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Media Sellout

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz View Post
New to me. Wish I had some context of when that happened.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Robot arms for everyone!

It was at the very end of the great plateau, after getting all the shrine powers.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Media Sellout

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz View Post
It was at the very end of the great plateau, after getting all the shrine powers.
so right before the ghost cutscene is supposed to trigger? He's in the right state for that, despite the falling through the ground bit, hahaha
Old 08-13-2018, 02:35 AM

Pronouns: 'He' & co

So, as I said on the like what you're playing thread, I've been playing this for some days now, haven't advanced much because there are so many things to do every-fucking-where, to the point it's being therapeutic for my quasi-OCD, haha.

But this one thing stuck with me - in a game that's mostly played not for its rather barebones plot or characters (relatively speaking, and as far as I know/heard of, that is, which admittedly is not much, as I tried to avoid spoilers) in Kakariko village you can find (spoilerpopped just in case, but I don't think it's plot related at all, just a little side detail of beautiful characterization, and it's in the first town you should visit, so...)
a security guard with two daughters who have lost their mother recently; so now he's taken her role of telling stories to the girls to keep them entertained, and secretly scared of the magical forest nearby so they don't wander off there, even if it's having rather the opposite effect on one of the kids, who is getting increasingly fascinated by it.
This is lovely, but what really got me was the other kid, who I once followed out to a single tree aside of town (next to a weird structure of rocks, that might be the cemetery?) on a rainy day, and the kid started crying; when I talked to her she said that she likes rain because it's the only time she gets to cry because her mom won't notice.

Right in the feels, man. ;_;
I guess the fact that I lost my mother not long ago as well helped too.

Tags
breath of the wild , calamity ganon , fallout new kasuto , faron cry , gives me the ghiblis , grand theft epona , he come to town , morrowind waker , nintendo , nintendo switch , shadow of the biggoron , shark friend , sheikah's creed , skyrim sword , switch , timefractals , timetrees , vandal pyro elf , zelda , zelder scrolls