The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 09-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Mystery Contraption

I don't see how anyone could fairly criticize that movie.

I mean; katana dinofight alone makes it one of the best films of the year.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Mystery Contraption

Godzilla Vs. Space Godzilla is a huge disappointment, if only because you can see a much better story struggling to break free of its mediocrity. And the name of that better story is "Godzilla: The Half-Century War" by James Stokoe.

Really, can't recommend that book enough.

Anyway, this movie juggles about a dozen plots and while its easy to infer connections between all of them, none of them really conclude; it's more like the scriptwriters just forgot about them. The important bits are that the G-Force decided to give Mecha Godzilla another shot, but, this time make him look silly as hell, giving us the goofiest looking giant monster in this franchise with Mogera. And it's a good thing they did as a Terrible Space Monster (my favorite term ever) that doesn't actually look like Godzilla whatsoever, but is nevertheless called Space Godzilla is about to attack the Earth.

Meanwhile, on Monster Island, Godzillas little Baby has grown up into the Godzooky-lookin' Little Godzilla and, more relevant to the plot, the brother of... one of the many ineffective soldiers who tried to kill Godzilla in one of the earliar movies (Biolante, I believe) wants revenge on that green whale, and decided to plant teargas bombs all over the beach and is going to shoot Godzilla in the arm! With a gun!

I am completely unsure whether or not this is supposed to be treated as a credible threat. I mean, it super isn't one, but everyone is acting like Godzilla is in peril. Also, they're back to Godzilla being the defender of the Earth in this movie, despite the content of every other film.

Besides this, there's also another subplot that almost drives the plot but is, again, totally forgotten without any kind of resolution in that G-Force is also trying to use telepathy to control Godzilla. Using it only ever seems to attract Space Godzilla, however, and eventually the Mafia gets involved for reasons that are murky beyond words.

Anyway, Space Godzilla shows up on Monster Island and kidnaps Little Godzilla (who thought the giant, blue and red monster covered in crystals was his dad...) and this cheeses off Big G to no end. Then Space G heads to the city and starts building an Energy Zone (another stupid term I love) as part of an effort to start his attack on the Earth in earnest.

Godzilla winds up working together with the old guy who tried to shoot him earlier, and who is now piloting Mogera, and together they smash all of Space Gs crystals, weakening him enough for Godzilla to wrap up the movie with his Red Spiral Breath.

As Godzilla walks back into the sea, the old man chases him on the beach to say he forgives him, and we get our enviromentalism message d'jour; that Space Godzilla was created by Godzillas cells entering space, that we shouldn't pollute outer space, or else more giant monsters will come.

That's certainly a relevant message.

The movie almost felt spiteful in being so mediocre. So many minor plot points that could have helped the plot are just ignored. There's plenty of set up from earlier movies that could have affected the plot that aren't even acknowledged, and the ones that are called back are inexplicable. Coming after the rock-solid MechaGodzilla, and being so similar to the exceptional Half-Century War just makes it stand out as being all the worse.

In conclusion; read this instead;

Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 AM
i musnt run away

Uhm, ahem, *derisively snorts and pushes glasses up on his nose*

The kooky guy who wants to kill Godzilla by shooting him with a gun is not the brother of Colonel Gondo, aka one of the Badass Heaven Trifecta of Doom, he was his best friend. That one scientist lady who is not a psychic is Colonel Gondo's hot sister.

I, ahuh, hope you fired whoever's fact checking your work!
Old 09-13-2017, 04:49 AM
Mystery Contraption

This is not the first complaint we've had about his work. Rest assured that the problem is being addressed.

We here at Octo Prime Posting (llc) value you, the consumer. We know you've got a lot of choices in your Internet forum posts, and we strive to be the best. With out innovative Green Posting (offering less than half the carbon footprint on Simpsons Gifs) and Reflex-action shoe insoles (with memory foam arch support), were the leader in our field.

As an apology for your poor customer service, please accept your choice of either a free pizza, or a personal hug from our mascot; Huggzo the Octopus.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Mystery Contraption

The Heisei era is, frankly, kind of a wreck. A lot of the plots made little sense, and while having a through-line of the formation of G-Force and Godzilla becoming a dad was nice, there were maybe two movies that are worth watching on their own merits, rather than to experience and sit with a transfixed expression.

And, fortunately, this is not only one of those, but one of the best assembled movies in the franchise; Godzilla vs. Destroyah. Or "Destroyer" is you prefer. And I imagine everyone does prefer.

Movie starts oddly, as Godzilla attacks a city. That doesn't sound odd, but that's because Godzilla usually has a goal in mind and a city happens to be in his way. Also, he isn't typically on fire when he's doing it, and saves the Red Spiral Breath for the last few minutes of the movie. Here's he's in a pained rampage; seems the living nuclear reactor that is his heart has a bit of an overdose of radiation since Space Godzilla (Monster Island has a high Uranium content and is also volcanic; it wound up over-radiating him). This is pretty bad as while a regular-sized nuclear reactor could obliterate a city were it to explode, one that's four-hundred feet tall and built entirely out of rage could crack the planet in half.

So while G-Force is scrambling to figure out a way to stop Godzilla without harming him (and trying to find Little Godzilla, who's gone missing), a new problem crops up. Seems that, at some point over the previous fifty years an oil rig was built directly over the site where the Oxygen Destroyer was deployed that killed Godzilla back in the 50s; and while the destroyer melted Big G and killed every fish in Tokyo bay, it also wound up mutating microscopic sea-bugs. Making them ten feet tall and giving them SKELETON BREATH. And the work on the oil rig has just broken through their nest, releasing them to the surface.

While the police try to kill off the escaped bugs loose in the city (in a scene that is, frankly, pretty much exactly Aliens), G-Force finishes rebuilding the SUPER-X2 into the SUPER X-3 and armed it with freeze rays, hoping they can freeze Godzilla solid and thus prevent him from going nuclear; and, meanwhile, they ALSO find Little Godzilla who has finished going through Dino Puberty and is now a second (smaller) Godzilla! The freezing plan doesn't work as well as hoped as, while he's frozen completely solid, Gs body is still building up heat at a startling rate and is scant hours from exploding.

And, because THAT isn't quite enough going on, the bugs come back, since the police were only able to stop like, three of them. And, more to the point; they apparently have the power to combine into one massive super monster; GIANT NUCLEAR INSECT KING: THE DESTROYER! A vast spider-like dragon that, besides being able to breath out lightning, also exhales micro-oxygen, a chemical that behaves just like the Oxygen Destroyer.

Fortunately, Godzilla Jr. (taking after his dad), absolutely CAN NOT ABIDE the sight of another monster and hops right into combat. And manages to do pretty well; taking a few lumps but also blasting a hole through The Destroyers chest, then Godzilla, thawed off shows up and we have a Father/Son Tag Team Atomic Dinosaur Throwdown as both Zillas attack Destroyer!

Unfortunately, Destroyer was taking a few pages from the anime playbook and hadn't yet revealed his True Form; undergoing a mutation that granted him into a new EVEN STRONGER body, and replacing the spider-parts with bat parts (kind of a step down aesthetically, but quite a step up offensively). Then he up and kills Jr. by throwing him around like a sack of potatoes.

And, buddy, if you think you've seen Godzilla ticked off before, you haven't seen him just after you kill his son. I mean, he was already literally on fire with rage and busting out movie-ending super attacks before anything happened in the movie. Here he smacks The Destroyer so hard he breaks into his component spiders.

Its like Popeye punching a cow so hard it starts raining hamburgers.

Now; good news bad news; killing off the spiders is no big deal, so the threat of the Destroyer is gone. Bad news is that it's too late to stop Gs meltdown; he's going to explode now.

But; like The Doctor (or, Rodan, a couple of movies ago) instead of just dying, he breaks apart into sparkles and those sparkles flow into the dead Jr. Resurrecting him and turning him into a new King of the Monsters; who absorbs the apocalyptic level of radiation no problem, and remains to keep the world safe from gigantic monsters. And also sometimes wreck stuff.

And so ends the middle (and middlin') part of the franchise.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Better be the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
And, fortunately, this is not only one of those, but one of the best assembled movies in the franchise; Godzilla vs. Destroyah. Or "Destroyer" is you prefer. And I imagine everyone does prefer.
Thank you.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Video Monster

Yeah I always used to think of the Heisei movies as "the cool new ones," but really they're sorta more like Godzilla's awkward teenage years.

The third series does a better job with theming its movies, even if it tosses out the whole continuity thing. Maybe that's for the better, anyway.

Vs. Destroyer was sorta the white whale G movie for me back when I learned about these movies - like I've said, it didn't get a release in the US until well after Emmerich's not-zilla, and in the meantime all I had was a plot summary in a book with associated still photos and poster art. Trendmasters didn't even make a figure of him in their 90s toyline! C'mon, Trendmasters. You make a god damn Varan figure, but not a Destroyer? What's wrong with you?

But about the movie, I thought it looked like the boss-est G movie ever, and Godzilla totally dies at the end! Whoooaaa! That's crazy! Turns out, the movie actually is pretty boss, and if I was showing someone ten Godzilla movies, this might be the one I pick from Heisei.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

I prefer 'Destroyah'
Old 09-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Video Monster

Desutoroyaa or バースト
Old 09-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Mystery Contraption

You also prefer uncooked chili dogs.

Destroyer is perhaps the most Final Boss-looking of all Godzilla monsters. Maybe Kaiser Ghidorah too, but that's it. Everything else ranks mid-boss at best.

Gigan is perhaps Starscream-tier. That's it.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:

Destroyer is perhaps the most Final Boss-looking of all Godzilla monsters. Maybe Kaiser Ghidorah too, but that's it. Everything else ranks mid-boss at best.

Those dogs were cooked! It says it right on the goddamn package!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:

Not Ghidorah, Madou Kaizer Ghidorah!
Old 09-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torzelbaum View Post
Not Ghidorah, Madou Kaizer Ghidorah!
IS that the four legged one that is merged with mechagigan?
Old 09-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Video Monster

Quote:
I've always seen Gigan as having a sort of Starscream-like personality, so this checks out.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:44 PM
#2 Aero the Acro-Bat Fan

My buddy is trying to find a kaiju movie title that starred a giant kappa. But it isn't Death Kappa, but rather something from the 50's or 60's, he thinks. Anyone got any idea what it could be?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:07 PM
Better be the real thing.

The closest I can think of is Gappa: The Triphibian Monster, but from what I can tell, it's not specifically based on a kappa. It just has a beak and is semi-aquatic. Apparently the plot is basically a knockoff of Gorgo.

Speaking of which, I just realized that Gorgo (1961) appeared in color before either King Kong or Godzilla (1962). How about that.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Mystery Contraption

Buddy, you might like Godzilla. You might love Godzilla.

But if you haven't opened your heart and let Godzilla 2000 into your life, you don't know jack squat about Godzilla. Before I saw this movie, my exposure to the Atomic Dad was just in catching the movies being rerun on Space as a wee-un. And believe me when I tell you that watching Godzillas Revenge and Monster Zero with commercial interruptions does precious little to endear you to the franchise. Then I saw this movie as one of the very first DVDs I rented. And I said "Okay, I guess this series is my entire jam, now.

I also liked the cartoon based on the Matthew Broderick movie, I guess.

With perhaps the exception of Final Wars, I don't think there's another Godzilla movie that perfectly encapsulates exactly what I love about that big ol' lug.

The movie opens with a father/daughter team of Adventure Scientists, who work as Kaiju Storm-Chasers who have teamed up with a plucky reporter to get the Big Scoop on Godzilla, and his fascination with smashing down nuclear power plants, in a sequence that is Basically Exactly Jurassic Park, if the T-Rex was four-hundred-feet tall.

I count, like, four things in that paragraph that make me throw my arms into the air and go "wooooo".

While they're doing that, a BADSCIENCEMAN, Mr. Katagiri (easily in the top 2 Best Human Characters in the franchise) has launched his own secret project; examining a weird meteor he found buried deep underwater. A Meteor that dug its own dang self up as soon as they shone a flashlight on it, and which seems to be tracking the strongest source of light around.

Later, Godzilla is expected to make landfall on Japan itself, so the military gets there first and launches a plan involving special missiles designed to go through Godzilla "Like Crap Through a Goose", and involving a great many bad-cg explosions and bad CG helicopters. This plan to kill Godzilla with missiles works precisely as well as every other plan to destroy Godzilla with missiles, but does distract him while the giant meteor (having been exposed to sunlight) suddenly wakes up, grows a giant laser and chases down Godzilla and blasts him clear over the horizon; sheds its rocky exterior to reveal itself as a bad CG Spaceship pilotted by the villainous Millenials, and parks itself right over the cities TV tower.

Science Dad puts aside his antagonism with him and teams up with BADSCIENCEMAN to study the Godzilla giblets that were blown off during the fight. Together they learn that Godzilla can heal super quickly (thanks, guys. Never realized that before). Meanwhile, the giant Bad CG spaceship uses a series of electrical tentacles to eat all the data on the internet, so it learns that Godzilla has unnaturally effective healing powers as well as a (newfound) hankering to hunt down and destroy powerful sources of energy, and decides to wait around for Godzilla to invariably show up and then steal his DNA to make its occupants invulnerable nuclear dinosaurs as well.

The military also tries to attack the spaceship by planting bombs in the building its parked over top of and I'm honestly not sure how they thought that would help, but it gaves us an exciting bomb-escape sequence for Science Dad, who was still in the building at the time.

Then Godzilla shows up for round 2 against the spaceship ("There's only one thing on Godzillas mind, Revenge") which manages to go even worse for him; the aliens advanced laser weaponry knocks G around like a pinball and its otherwordly skill at computer hacking lets it control every fiber-optic wire in the city and uses them like ropes to hold him down.

I'd question how hacking a computer lets you control the wires it's hooked up to, but, well, obviously it does work exactly like that so who am I to complain.

With Godzilla in a severe state at having been knocked down, the Millennial ship shoots out more electro-tentacles and steals the regeneration right out of Godzillas DNA, granting the Millennials the power to assume their Final Boss form; GIANT ARMORED FROG ORGA, who kind of looks like Cloverfield, if he hit the gym a lot and took some protein supplements.

Orga trounces Godzilla pretty handily since his regeneration factor is even stronger than Gs, and he grows stronger with every bite of Godzillas tasty hide he takes. And so he decides to end the fight quickly by doing the single stupidest thing any villain has done in any movie I'd ever seen; and tries to swallow Godzilla whole.

Not quite realizing until the last moment, that, well, Godzilla can shoot nuclear fire out of his mouth. And his body is quite radioactive. So he dies.

Then Bad Scienceman pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and stares at Godzilla as he approaches. And Godzilla looks back at him. And then punches him right in the face.

And then we're treated to one of the greatest scenes in cinema history;

As we witness scenes of Godzilla furiously destroying what little of the city survived his fight against Orga, one of the Science Lads pines "It's ironic, that ship was buried on Earth for 70 million years... and Godzilla destroys it the very next day."

"We scientists produced this Monster, Godzilla. And ever since, we've tried to destroy him.", states another while Godzilla continues wrecking the city with no resistance.

"But why, why does he protect us"

further scenes of Godzilla laying waste to the city

"Because, there's a little Godzilla inside each one of us"

Godzilla roars and releases a blast of flame, turning the city to ashes, theme-song kicks up as the end credits roll.

And I stand up and start applauding and shouting for an encore.

I give this movie one hundred thumbs up and nominate it for a nobel peace prize in the field of cultural impact.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Mystery Contraption

The astute readers among you may notice that it's weird that I suddenly have a thread with three pages of replies. That's because I've repurposed my existing Godzilla rewatch thread with an wider umbrella to speak at length about every dumb movie I watch. Because sometimes I like to remind myself about what I thought of a specific dumb movie without wanting to wade through the whole Movie Review thread.

TO THAT END:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows was a disappointing film. I mean, that's not exactly a shocking revelation, it's the sequel to the Micheal Bay produced one that nobody wanted. It's just that they ways it was disappointing were a surprise to me.

Like, it tries to be stupid in a fun way, and it succeeds at times, but then it becomes stupid in an annoying way and I lose interest. It succeeds when it's trying to be a movie with kid appeal, but then there's a scene where April O'Neil distracts a room full of people by dressing like a sexy schoolgirl and strutting down a hallway (a scene that gets reprised over the end credits). Honestly, I think Inappropriate Sex Appeal might be a requirement in her contract with Micheal Bays films...

And, like the Bayformers movies, the plot easily could have fit into the original cartoon but is just divorced enough and stretched out to fill a two-hour running time that made it a bit of a slog; Shredders attempt to escape from prison had the unexpected side-effect of sending him to Dimension X, where he meets Krang (who looks for all the world like a Doom monster), who sends him back to Earth in order to assemble a device that will let Krang invade and take over the world. Which Shredder assumes means he'll get to take over the world as well, but he does not. There's nothing that happens to suggest this would be the case, either. He just takes it on good faith that the terrifying tentacle-brain in a robot suit is ethical like that.

And you'd think that would mean that the movie was going to then become the usual 80s cartoon plot of everyone splitting into teams to fetch the pieces of the machine, with the Turtles and the Foot Clan competing against one another. And you'd be wrong. Shredder gets most of the pieces since they're right there in the city and he's the only one looking for them, and he only has to send his new mutant henchment Bebop and Rocksteady to fetch the third from the Amazon Rainforest. Which, to the movies credit, leads to a fun sequence where they fight the turtles in the amazon river with a tank, but it's still a clean-sweep for the bad guys, who then assemble the teleport machine and summon the Technodrome.

Then we get a super quick plot arc where the Turtles break up because they can't work together as a team (this comes up almost out of nowhere) and then they reunite in the very next scene. Also, there's another plotpoint that Donny invented a way to turn the Turtles into humans temporarily because one of them (the scriptwriters kept forgetting which one) was upset about needing to stay concealed. Then the police just opt to get over their Turtle-racism, and help them fight the Technodrome and the giant Doom Monster controlling it. Meanwhile, Arrow, from TVs Arrow has a personal vendetta against Bebop and Rocksteady so he fights them solo.

Later, everyone wins, Shredder is frozen solid and carted back to Dimension X with Krangs ship, Krang doesn't seem particularly annoyed at being beaten, and Baxter Stockman just disappears from the movie without ever being turned into Brundlefly.

I wanted a movie that was a Party Dude, but got one that was Cool, but Rude.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 AM
if-then-eels

That's a shame. I thought the first one was exactly what it needed to be -- a clear and obvious parody of the Nolan Batman movies with some sequences that looked like play sessions of Just Cause 2; distinct from but still consistent with the original foundation of the Turtles as a parody of Frank Miller Batman plots. A bit of a shame they couldn't keep their momentum going into a second one.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Video Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
a clear and obvious parody of the Nolan Batman movies
I've never heard anyone make this interpretation of the first TMNT movie, and I'm very intrigued.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Mystery Contraption

Me too, now!
Old 11-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Mystery Contraption

Default Blood Doesn't Flow in these Quantum Veins

You know how sometimes you see a movie and it suddenly swerves into a different genre; like how Predator begins as a Commando-style action movie and then becomes a story about surviving an alien monster, or Dusk til Dawn beginning as a tense crime thriller that becomes a horror-comedy about a vampire strip-club?

Wellsir, I've never seen a movie that swerved quite so much or quite so sharply as Stealth.

If I saw Stealth driving down the road, I would call 911 to report it as being a DUI.

This is a movie that takes some friggin' directions.

Anyway, it's the year The Near Future and our heroes, Jamie Foxx, Jessica Biel and Some Other Guy (despite my nomenclature, he's the main character, presumably because he's the only one who is both white and a dude) are the air forces top pilots, and the only people capable of flying some CGI Arwing-looking airplanes. And they're supposedly best buddies, despite the total lack of chemistry between them, and the fact that they almost never appear in the same room as one another.

Anyway, their secretly evil (if this is a spoiler, you aren't paying close attention to the movie) CO Sam Shepard announces he's going to add a new member to their squad; the Extreme Deep Invader (or "Eddy"), the sentient drone-plane. Jamie Foxx doesn't want to add a fourth member to his team because he likes the number 3 so much, and has a little speech about why 3 is the best number.

Anyway, they go on a practice flight with Eddy and everything is super, and then they get the call to run off to Rangoon and explode a building that the worst terrorists in the world all decided to congregate in. So they head off to do that and Other Guy pulls off a very dangerous maneuver to shoot a Blackhole Generating Missile into the middle of the building (?!?!?!) and everyone is very happy about that and it also has no bearing on the rest of the plot, save to make me wonder where they hell they got Blackhole Bombs.

And on the way back, Eddy gets struck by lightning. Which, naturally, makes him much smarter, fully sentient. And also Evil.

And he first displays his new evil personality by, when in for repairs from the lightning strike, by illegally downloading all the music in the world! Also, even before being made evil by Evil Lightning Bolts, Eddy was depicted as a giant red cybernetic nightmare eyeball who spoke in a HAL-like flat monotone. So, like... what did they think was going to happen.

So then Sam Shepard sends the team off to blow up a medieval castle in a possibly fictitious Soviet state because the king has nuclear missiles stored there, and the team opts not too because, well, shooting nuclear weapons at nuclear weapons kind of causes more problems then it solves. But Eddy doesn't care! He goes against orders and shoots them missiles (explicitly killing the entire neighboring city with fallout, nobody seems to care much about that, though) and, when he's ordered to abort the mission, he stops talking, slams his cockpit window shut and starts blaring rock music, after yelling he's only doing what That Other Guy taught him to do.

Eddy is an evil airplane robot who is also a petulant teenager and I love it.

So anyway, Sam Shepards in hot water because he kinda-sorta accidentally launched a nuclear strike against Russia and he demands the pilots bring Eddy down intact so he can be court martialed. Or dismantled. Or repaired. Or something. I don't know, it's not clear. And Jamie Foxx tries to reason with him, but Eddy ain't having none of it and blows up one of the very few actual movie stars in the film.

Sam Shepard tries to send Eddy home without supper by denying him the chance to refuel at the giant boss monster-esque floating gas-station fortresses that apparently pepper the Eastern hemisphere in another scene that doesn't actually move the plot forward any and is just there to show off a big CG explosion when Eddy explodes it when Other Guy approaches. Meanwhile, Jessica Biels plane suddenly crashes, which she narrates with total disinterest and she crashes in North Korea.

Other Guy finds out from Sam Shepard that Eddy hacked into the the militarys mission list, picked one at random and decided to pull it off solo, probalem being that he chose one that wasn't real and is going to result in him exploding all of Siberia, so Sam Shepard contacts the Russian air force and gives them permission to blow up Eddy and also That Other Guy because he's secretly evil and that seems like a good villain thing to do. And Other Guy and Eddy wind up working together to shoot down the Russians and then they become Best Friends.

And, after a brief detour that, once again, gives hints that Sam Shepard is secretly evil and is trying to kill everyone under his command for no apparent reason, the movie becomes a Knight Rider movie where Eddy and Other Guy fly to North Korea to save Jessica Biel from capture from the military. In a sequence that has an awful lot of lingering shots of Jessica Biels butt considering the tone of the scene.

Luckily, its the last few minutes of the movies, and the North Koreans are bad guys, so not-a-one of them can actually hit Jessica Biel but she can kill them all by wildly waving her gun in the air like a lunatic, and then Eddy shows up and sacrifices himself by flying straight into a helicopter that wasn't actually able to damage it and posed no credible threat. Then Sam Shepard kills himself (possibly?) because he didn't want to go to jail for all the pointless treason he was trying to do and Other Guy reprises Jamie Foxxs speech about loving the number 3 by saying he much prefers the number 2, and Jessica Biel looks to be less charmed by his awful flirting and more excited to be done with this movie.

So, at varying points, the movie was Top Gun, a discussion on the ethics of drone warfare, reverse Short-Circuit, Knight Rider, and a rebellious youth movie.

Stealth is all things to all people.

And I therefor give it 10/10

Tags
atomic dad , kaiju , nuclear dinosaur , octo-good , skreeeooonk , spoiler: godzilla wins , suitmation