The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Conquers the World

Default share ur headcanons lol

i like to think Scrooge McDuck had a will made and he left everything to Huey Dewey and Louie and when they get back from adventuring and he adds all their loot to the money bin and swims in it he takes out his will and looks and it and cries and he keeps ruining copies of it with his tears, and Launchpad sees and wants to ask what's wrong but Duckworth stops him and says "no launchpad, not now" #ouchmyfeels
Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
ENTp / 8w7

http://www.talking-time.net/showthread.php?t=13956
Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Space dad

Bioshock Infinite: Songbird is a failed Booker.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Galaxy's Goofiest Spectre

Well if you choose the spacer background in Mass Effect, Shepard will occasionally hear from his/her mom on occasion. For some reason, the current whereabouts of Shepard's dad are never discussed in any of these conversations, and something about Lance Henriksen's lines when talking about Shepard's mom in ME3 lead me to speculate that he had something going on with her.

So pretty soon is snowballed and me and all of my friends were making jokes about how Hackett spends the entire game banging Shepard's mom, mostly involving colorful uses of the title Rear Admiral. And he's always just bringing it up inappropriately during the war briefings.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Conquers the World

I did not intend for this to be a thread for serious discussion of headcanons but this is already way better than the stuff I was reading on tumblr that caused me to black out and write something about DuckTales
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Galaxy's Goofiest Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I did not intend for this to be a thread for serious discussion of headcanons but this is already way better than the stuff I was reading on tumblr that caused me to black out and write something about DuckTales
I wouldn't never use that word. I would really say it's more of an "inside joke" for me and my friends. It was really funny to us, so much so that it became part of our general lore. But, for everyone on outside, it's probably just worth a chuckle.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Is there not one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
i like to think Scrooge McDuck had a will made and he left everything to Huey Dewey and Louie and when they get back from adventuring and he adds all their loot to the money bin and swims in it he takes out his will and looks and it and cries and he keeps ruining copies of it with his tears, and Launchpad sees and wants to ask what's wrong but Duckworth stops him and says "no launchpad, not now" #ouchmyfeels
HD&L have been McDuck's sole heirs since the fifties, pleb
Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

Default did somebody say headcannons

???
Old 11-06-2013, 07:56 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AT THE END OF WATCHMEN, DR. MANHATTAN DIDN'T ACTUALLY KILL RORSCHACH HE JUST TRANSPORTED HIM TO THE MOON.
HAVEN'T WRiTTEN A GOOD CAPSLOCK POST IN AWHILE
THEN WHEN DR. MANHATTAN LEAVES HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY GO WAY WAY AWAY HE JUST JOINS RORSCHACH ON THE MOON AND THE TWO OF THEM SPEND THE REST OF ETERNITY GETTING HIGH ON ALL THE MOON DRUGS.

THIS EVENTUALLY LEADS TO A CROSSOVER TO THE NOW LONG GONE SONICHU FAN COMIC "MOON PALS".
Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Nice On!

BEAT actually lives in China where he is not allowed to be a full skeleton because of the censorship rules there, so he just roleplays one on the internet, dreaming of the day he can lose the random scraps of flesh on his bones and truly become the skeleton he always knew he was.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Sudden chomper

I keep reading the thread title as "shaving your headcanon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmorator View Post
Bioshock Infinite: Songbird is a failed Booker.
You're definitely not alone in wondering about that, I spent the whole game thinking that might explain the sort of attachment Elizabeth has to Songbird, despite claiming to hate him. I've also wondered if the animation that you see when you die (and Elizabeth doesn't resuscitate you herself) was the brother and sister pulling another Booker out of the timeline to pick up where the last one left off. It's never really addressed in the game, but I like my explanation of it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Space dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
You're definitely not alone in wondering about that, I spent the whole game thinking that might explain the sort of attachment Elizabeth has to Songbird, despite claiming to hate him.
My thinking is she doesn't know, but that his fatherly attachment was twisted into Songbird's extreme overprotectiveness.

Quote:
I've also wondered if the animation that you see when you die (and Elizabeth doesn't resuscitate you herself) was the brother and sister pulling another Booker out of the timeline to pick up where the last one left off. It's never really addressed in the game, but I like my explanation of it.
I am 100 percent certain this is the case. It's nearly identical to the very start of the game.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetfox View Post
BEAT actually lives in China where he is not allowed to be a full skeleton because of the censorship rules there, so he just roleplays one on the internet, dreaming of the day he can lose the random scraps of flesh on his bones and truly become the skeleton he always knew he was.
Poetfox is actually a fox poet, living in her little fox hole, scratching short bits of wisdom into the dirt walls with her paws.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:34 AM
This way up

Everything that Diane Duane wrote about Romulans is more canonical to me than most of the televised episodes with Romulans.

I still can't tell why the Klingons were suddenly the noble warrior ones when they so clearly weren't on TOS. It's like someone mixed up the character notes or something.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Better be the real thing.

I don't care what Nintendo says, the Legend of Zelda is a series of retellings of the same myth in different cultures.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Oily Butt Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT View Post
THEN WHEN DR. MANHATTAN LEAVES HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY GO WAY WAY AWAY HE JUST JOINS RORSCHACH ON THE MOON AND THE TWO OF THEM SPEND THE REST OF ETERNITY GETTING HIGH ON ALL THE MOON DRUGS.
Hey, that reminds me of...

Quote:
THIS EVENTUALLY LEADS TO A CROSSOVER TO THE NOW LONG GONE SONICHU FAN COMIC "MOON PALS".
Yeah, that. Moon-Pals was the best comic.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 AM
The 2nd.

The Crucible is actually the Reaper's way of knowing their method is not working well enough, and activating it makes them realize they need to come up with a different way of doing things.

The Doc from BttF is actually Max from One flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest who escaped and turned into a crazy scientist.

Also i don't know if this counts but i used to play Bully just to take pictures of people and roleplay as a photojournalist making a project about the class warfare and the youth culture of Bullworth. The stories would get very complex at times, and i would often feel conflicted at the thought of reporting on a world that was more my own than the game's.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Daber.txt

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM
This way up

There's a couple of pre-1963 writings that the Doctor has no business making an appearance in whatsoever but nevertheless is. Eudora Welty's "The Wide Net". A cameo in Fritz Leiber's "The Sinful Ones". I was going to mention "The Grapes of Wrath", but it turns out the character I was thinking of was based on a real life friend of Steinbeck's who's much more interesting than any headcanon.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
borgn

Gengar is the ghost of Clefairy
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Nice On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT View Post
Poetfox is actually a fox poet, living in her little fox hole, scratching short bits of wisdom into the dirt walls with her paws.
It's like all my dreams have come true.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
the :motion: stands

Good people who do good things are rewarded, and this will all be worth it in the end.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Good people who do good things are rewarded, and this will all be worth it in the end.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Is there not one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Scrooge has to live at least until the Microducks return from their far off starfields for twenty kernels of corn
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ample Vigour View Post
Scrooge has to live at least until the Microducks return from their far off starfields for twenty kernels of corn
The sequence where Scrooge uses a magnifying glass and tweezers to parcel out the exact amount of micromoney required to buy the corn is probably my favorite Scrooge scene, at least of what I've read so far.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM
This way up

There's at least one Scrooge comic where everyone dies through the coming of an unknowable Lovecraftian monstrosity from space.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Conquers the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ample Vigour View Post
HD&L have been McDuck's sole heirs since the fifties, pleb
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Is there not one thing

Dudes making some contortions to say they all die in that one but it's a good scare story all the same
Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM
>TRANCE

Quote:
The president of the US is sworn in on the skull of their predecessor, which then becomes part of their regalia.

Tags
fanfiction , no-prize