The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
All are Santa Saturn

I spent enough time circling the drain in various artistic channels back in the dark days when I cared enough to create art to know that there are a lot of people who believe creation is not work that should be compensated, ergo, GIMME DAT FREE SHIT.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Video Monster

Quote:
PewDiePie Accidentally Puts on Entire KKK Uniform in Middle of Game Stream
Quote:
BRIGHTON, U.K.— While streaming a heated match of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, YouTube celebrity PewDiePie, in a fit of rage over being killed, impulsively put on an entire historically accurate KKK Uniform, today.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 PM
whatever it takes

But the context! You have to consider the context!!!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Find Your Reason

Look, everyone does things they normally wouldn't during a heated gaming moment. You must have superhuman restraint if you've never accidentally put on a KKK uniform as an involuntary reaction. Also, KKK uniforms don't mean the same thing in Sweden, and do you really expect Europeans to know all the tiny little details of American history to even know what the KKK is?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:41 PM
All are Santa Saturn

Quote:
At press time, PewDiePie was once again under fire for an incident in a new PUBG stream where, after getting run over by a vehicle, he accidentally left his house, booked a flight to Kentucky, stayed in a hotel for three days, and joined a Civil War reenactment fighting as a Confederate soldier.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:36 AM
D=

Default Clown care

Quote:
There’s a post going around that advocates giving clowns only real helium balloons. I’m not going to link to that post, because I don’t want the OP getting any hate. The balloon misconception is SUCH a common one I don’t think any one of us can say we didn’t fall prey to it at one point or another. But, the fact of the matter is, helium balloons are not good enrichment for clowns.

Firstly, they’re not sustainable. Helium is a rapidly depleting resource. Secondly, clowns like balloons because they mistake them for their eggs. A clown bouncing a balloon around on a string is taking care of its ‘baby.’ Clown eggs are brightly colored spheres that float around at shoulder-height, if healthy, and are transported by the parent by means of a filament. Balloons mimic these incredibly well. That is why clowns find balloons on the ground so distressing - a downed egg contains a sick embryo. The despair they experience when one floats away is that of child loss, and I’m sure you can imagine why they’re so distressed when one pops. That’s why malevolent breeds are predisposed to the act!
All balloons “die”. They cannot hatch. Every experience a clown has with a balloon, however happy at the outset, ends in tragedy. They are not good enrichment items, no matter how busy they keep a clown.

So what are some alternatives? If you have two or more clowns of any social breed, then toys like custard pies, water squirters, and air horns make excellent entertainment. Note: Most common breeds are social. If you are keeping a social breed singularly, you MUST play with it for several hours a day at the bare minimum. While these breeds tend to adore balloons the most, the repeat psychological trauma they suffer because of them is not worth the easy out.
If you keep a breed that prefers a solitary existence, they will get the most out of things like juggling supplies and balance balls. Make sure they have a safe space to play with these in when you aren’t home to supervise.
All breeds need human interaction. A few times a week you need to show your clown you appreciate it - that’s the best enrichment of all. Remember that some methods of training result in ‘unusual’ reactions to the four quadrants - most commonly, +P will become “rewarding” - and some performance breeds innately make that connection, so research the right way to reward your clown.

On a final note, DO NOT GIVE MIMES BALLOONS. Look on any mime forum and you’ll see countless threads with titles like “Help! My mime won’t play with toys!” Yeah, dipshit, THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND TOYS. All members of the mime group are highly specialized working breeds geared towards imagination play. They are very intelligent, deeply driven to perform their unique rituals, and not much else. They need to do their original job to be happy. They need to put on shows. If you cannot provide the stimulation of a fully public performance at least once a week for your mime, and cannot provide regular training sessions, either, do not get a mime. Consider a fool instead. A lot of people brush off fools as beginner breeds, too rambunctious and talkative, but there’s a reason they were preferred by royalty for centuries. They’re actually very versatile and eager to please! They do love tumbling and have a knack for mimicking human speech, but will happily learn the same tricks as a mime. They’re also content to live singularly and enjoy practicing in private quite a lot, making them rather compatible with modern life. Their larger cousins, the jesters, can also learn mime routines, but keep in mind that they are more willful! The sinister jester is a near dupe for the creepy mime, a popular breed, but they’re not a great choice for a total novice. Remember, they contributed heavily to the makeup of the scary clowns. (o:
Both fools and jesters will prefer to have physical props to play with in their off-time even if they’re trained to perform without them.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:19 AM
so exciting!

The clowns as pets meme is the worst one to happen this year
Old 09-14-2017, 11:39 AM
an eeling of Christmas

God, one of the things I love about gettin' older is looking at the youths with their memes and thinking "god was any of the shit we did ever this stupid?"
Old 09-14-2017, 11:41 AM
beech i ho ho ho'd you

The answer is, as always, "yes".
Old 09-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Programmed to Jingle

It's a given, really
Old 09-14-2017, 11:47 AM
beech i ho ho ho'd you

Same shit, different millenium.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Find Your Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaer View Post
Same shit, different medium.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Chuck 'im into the soup!

i can haz ridiculus meemz?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Programmed to Jingle

Now, more than ever, do all your bases belong to us
Old 09-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Default NSFW

You'd think this was satire... but nope! Idiots really do think this way and then they wonder why women won't touch them.

It truly is incredible.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:11 PM
is Earnest

I was actually slack jawed while reading that.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:12 PM
whatever it takes

All anuses are good
Old 09-14-2017, 03:15 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
God, one of the things I love about gettin' older is looking at the youths with their memes and thinking "god was any of the shit we did ever this stupid?"
Being stupid was, is, and always will be the point.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:18 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Wow his username is badsex.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Guessing he stuck it in an unexpected hole once and got yelled at for it?
Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Drawerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyblue View Post
Guessing he stuck it in an unexpected hole once and got yelled at for it?
Given the evidence I'd say that's a pretty charitable assumption.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 PM
beech i ho ho ho'd you

Like he'd ever have gotten that far.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM
The metal babble flees!

Don't tell him what comes out of that other place.

This isn't the first time I've seen something like this (admittedly this is a pretty extreme example of it). If all someone has seen of women as sexual beings comes from the internet this is bound to happen sometimes.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:46 PM
EARTH FOREVER

The worst meme this year is definitely when straight people discovered Gay Babadook.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

I take thee to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, and even if your female anus is like an inch from your vagina; and thereto I pledge myself to you
Old 09-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Drawerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epithet View Post
The worst meme this year is definitely when straight people discovered Gay Babadook.
Sorry dudes, the Babadook is spoken for.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Armor Guardian

Quote:
It is not possible that the universe was created last Thursday. 'Thursday' refers to that day of the week that follows Wednesday, meaning that for a day to really be Thursday, it would have to come AFTER another day. So the Universe could not have been created on a Thursday, but only a Monday, since that is the first day of the week.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Better be the real thing.

Maybe it's the reference to "Thursday," but I choose to read that as what happens when G.K. Chesterton gets on the internet and decides to troll people.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Nothing is more powerful

For you, it was the second day since the dawn of time. But to me, it was Tuesday.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Find Your Reason

Makes sense. Solomon Grundy was born on a Monday. No reason why the universe wouldn't follow suit.

Tags
#sexpillows , bad wolf , black hole of humanity , cringe gallery , granos , humor , i am the fork , mine , ominous orchestral swell , perhaps missing the point , post 717782 , priming the pump , prissy little killjoys , professor anime , psychological issues , real life harry potter , sailor moon politics , the best of tt , the worst , this is the best post , tumblr is easy mode , twilight sparkle , twitter is easy mode , very important bothans , weep for humanity