The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-12-2017, 04:52 PM
muteKi's Avatar
muteKi muteKi is offline
me want the puyopuyon
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Green chile cheeseburger capital of the world
Posts: 9,673
Default

It's why the most popular pc games of all time are MOOM and MineniM
  #62  
Old 06-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Torzelbaum's Avatar
Torzelbaum Torzelbaum is offline
????? LV 13 HP 292/
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 10,174
Default

DOOM MOOD

or

MOO DOOM

(Please don't tap into the palindrome making part of my brain. It can be quite prolific but not very creative.)
  #63  
Old 06-12-2017, 06:48 PM
SolarLune's Avatar
SolarLune SolarLune is offline
Wannabe Indie Game Dev
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 587
Default

I guess MSXboxOneMS, XboxOneUltra, XboxOneIsTheBest and XboxOne2017 were taken.

EDIT: Yeah, this is a weak joke.

Last edited by SolarLune; 06-13-2017 at 02:00 AM.
  #64  
Old 06-12-2017, 07:29 PM
sfried's Avatar
sfried sfried is offline
Fluffy Prince
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,753
Default

It would be abreviated as XOX, as in tictactoe.
  #65  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 AM
MCBanjoMike's Avatar
MCBanjoMike MCBanjoMike is offline
Sudden chomper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 15,748
Default

I've already managed to convince my girlfriend that it's cool to have a computer hooked up to the TV, so this thing isn't for me. But if you're the kind of person who doesn't want a giant black rectangle in your living room, then I could see maybe being interested in this console. Fact is, if it's as powerful as they say it is, then it would probably cost like $1000 to build a PC that could match it. Of course, if you build a PC then you'll make up a lot of that cost with cheaper games down the line. But for a certain kind of person, this makes sense - not sure just how many of those people are out there, mind you.

Anyway, expect this thing to cost $200 less two years from now, at which point it will be the primary Microsoft console and the XBox One XX will just be hitting retail. It's honestly not something I have a problem with.
  #66  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:57 AM
muteKi's Avatar
muteKi muteKi is offline
me want the puyopuyon
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Green chile cheeseburger capital of the world
Posts: 9,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
But if you're the kind of person who doesn't want a giant black rectangle in your living room, then I could see maybe being interested in this console.
What?! My understanding is that this thing is basically the monolith from 2001 but horizontal
  #67  
Old 06-19-2017, 10:01 AM
MCBanjoMike's Avatar
MCBanjoMike MCBanjoMike is offline
Sudden chomper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 15,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
What?! My understanding is that this thing is basically the monolith from 2001 but horizontal
It's the smallest XBONE yet, so at least it'll fit into your entertainment center.
  #68  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:19 AM
chud_666's Avatar
chud_666 chud_666 is offline
120 Days
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salo
Posts: 7,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
I've already managed to convince my girlfriend that it's cool to have a computer hooked up to the TV, so this thing isn't for me. But if you're the kind of person who doesn't want a giant black rectangle in your living room, then I could see maybe being interested in this console. Fact is, if it's as powerful as they say it is, then it would probably cost like $1000 to build a PC that could match it. Of course, if you build a PC then you'll make up a lot of that cost with cheaper games down the line. But for a certain kind of person, this makes sense - not sure just how many of those people are out there, mind you.

Anyway, expect this thing to cost $200 less two years from now, at which point it will be the primary Microsoft console and the XBox One XX will just be hitting retail. It's honestly not something I have a problem with.
I'm one of those people! I'm not like GUNG HO, but the thing is good in concept for me. I saw a fake one at the MS store here. It's tiny!
  #69  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Bleck's Avatar
Bleck Bleck is online now
Highway To HFIL
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
Of course, if you build a PC then you'll make up a lot of that cost with cheaper games down the line. But for a certain kind of person, this makes sense - not sure just how many of those people are out there, mind you.
You can also at, like, games, which the Xbox Smooch does not seem to have
  #70  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:43 AM
LancerECNM's Avatar
LancerECNM LancerECNM is online now
Space Patrol LancerECNM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Space Virginia
Posts: 7,682
Default

I really feel like the only way you can abbreviate this is XXX.
Imagine an alternate world where we got the Xbox Xrd -SIGN-
  #71  
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 PM
chud_666's Avatar
chud_666 chud_666 is offline
120 Days
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salo
Posts: 7,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerECNM View Post
I really feel like the only way you can abbreviate this is XXX.
Imagine an alternate world where we got the Xbox Xrd -SIGN-
Return of Xander Cage
  #72  
Old 06-19-2017, 01:49 PM
krelbel's Avatar
krelbel krelbel is online now
Good Bee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
It's why the most popular pc games of all time are MOOM and MineniM
My favorite is still

  #73  
Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 PM
YangusKhan's Avatar
YangusKhan YangusKhan is offline
does the Underpants Dance
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,795
Default

Daaaamn, meme throwbacks
  #74  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Phantoon's Avatar
Phantoon Phantoon is offline
I Cuss You Bad
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
If I were to get a bone, it would be the expensive one now.
Me too. The improved 360 playback alone makes it worthwhile to me. It's a bit too expensive to commit, though. Beyond Ori and Killer Instinct there's not a huge deal of exclusives I'm that interested in, either.
  #75  
Old 07-07-2017, 04:06 AM
LBD_Nytetrayn's Avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn LBD_Nytetrayn is offline
..and his little cat, too
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
It's the smallest XBONE yet, so at least it'll fit into your entertainment center.
Mine fits and I love it, but after Sunday night, having a smaller one is sounding a lot more appealing.
  #76  
Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 AM
LBD_Nytetrayn's Avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn LBD_Nytetrayn is offline
..and his little cat, too
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,542
Default

And in sad news today, my Xbox One Kinect no longer seems to be working. It just stopped after I used it to turn the system on so I could program my DVR. I never even got to stream with it. =(

Tried all the troubleshooting tips on the Xbox website, and they say it'll cost to repair it is 69 dollars, which I believe is around 19 more than I paid for it at EB. Have to call later and see if they have any more, or any options for me.

Man, after I waited so long to get it, too. I was even using it in Forza Horizon 3 for the first time last week, too.
Closed Thread

Tags
chortle at ms' xboner , five hundred dollars!! , hardware , microsoft , take off every xig , x.b.o.x. , xbonx , xbox , xbox one xpensive , xbux , xxx

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Your posts İyou, 2007