The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 PM
oh my car

Pronouns: he/him

Ingredients stack up to 999, so limiting them to a page would have the effect of limiting the variety instead of the quantity, which I don't think is what you want.

One interesting challenge might be to simulate ingredient spoilage somehow, but there's no convenient way to do that, other than the extreme approach like requiring you to dump all your remaining ingredients every time you refill your food supply.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:30 PM
of the Black Falcons

Pronouns: he, him

I started up my file and finished the great plateau. I headed north-westish, tamed a horse, and rode to a nearby stable. I cooked as much as I could then sold the rest of my ingredients (just generic monster parts at that point). I held on to ancient machinery & some (explosive) red chus. For now I’m going to try to cook as much as I can when I find a fire, and then sell ingredients and any cooked food that doesn’t fit on one page when I find a vendor. I may adjust it, but we’ll see how it goes. For my own reference, my rules are:
  • Don't activate towers or open the map after leaving the Great Plateau (no fast travel)
  • Cook as much as possible/needed at fires
  • Sell all remaining ingredients and any cooked food in excess of one page at vendors after cooking.
  • When there's a blood moon, drop all weapons and shields (except the master sword & hylian shield)
  • Only complete enough shrines to get the Master Sword
  • Defeat the 4 Divine Beasts and Calamity Gannon
Old 04-14-2019, 08:18 AM
bad at lurking

Pronouns: He him

I really wish they had an official "survival" mode with a hunger mechanic to make hunting and cooking more integral.

Tags
always hate the new one , bomb some dodongos , buy somethin' will ya! , dangerous to go alone , dodongo dislikes smoke , fear of new threads , general discussion , hey listen , impossible to please , leave your life or money , link , nintendo , second quest , secret to everybody , sploooooosh! , triforce in oot tips , vandal pyro elf , well excuuuuuuuuuse me , y can't zelda jump , zelda