The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 12-18-2018, 10:38 AM
oh my car

Pronouns: he/him

There's also the thematic perspective: the scope of the Empire's arrogance expands to encompass not only a belief in their technological supremacy (appropriate for the recent memory of the Vietnam War) but also in their psychological or ideological domination. The Imperial machine includes more than just hardware, and the idea that the hardware is flawed is as inconceivable to them as the idea that their subjugation is flawed.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:35 AM
I Cuss You Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
There's also the thematic perspective: the scope of the Empire's arrogance expands to encompass not only a belief in their technological supremacy (appropriate for the recent memory of the Vietnam War) but also in their psychological or ideological domination. The Imperial machine includes more than just hardware, and the idea that the hardware is flawed is as inconceivable to them as the idea that their subjugation is flawed.
TARKIN: The regional governors now have direct control over territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

TAGGE: And what of the Rebellion? If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical readout of this station, it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it.

VADER: The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

MOTTI: Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it!

Yep, only Tagge hasn't drunk the Kool-Aid. Vader's main objection is that he's far scarier than the battle station, not that the plans might prove it to be crap.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Space dad

One of the neat things about the Vader comic series is that, post-Yavin, Tagge's in a VERY favorable position with the Emperor and pushes Vader around a bit.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:46 PM
I Cuss You Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmorator View Post
One of the neat things about the Vader comic series is that, post-Yavin, Tagge's in a VERY favorable position with the Emperor and pushes Vader around a bit.
The Keiron Gillan comics are just amazing. They manage to square the circle and write a Vader who feels like Vader to the point I could mentally hear his voice saying his lines, but is also recognisably Anakin Skywalker.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:50 AM
Dinger!

Pronouns: he/him

Yeah I was gonna bring up the Vader comics too.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
I Cuss You Bad

I got to see A New Hope with the soundtrack played by a live orchestra. I can't recommend it strongly enough, the trench run in particular was unbelievably intense live.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:19 PM
We just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantoon View Post
I got to see A New Hope with the soundtrack played by a live orchestra. I can't recommend it strongly enough, the trench run in particular was unbelievably intense live.
Oh man, I saw this for Jurassic Park which was pretty great, but seeing Star Wars like this would be fucking amazing.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:49 AM
I Cuss You Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul le Fou View Post
Oh man, I saw this for Jurassic Park which was pretty great, but seeing Star Wars like this would be fucking amazing.
Funnily enough on the way home my brother and I were talking about other films that should get the treatment and Jurassic Park and ET both got mentioned. If you get the chance, definitely do it, it's an amazing experience. I'm really hoping they do Empire Strikes Back next, for my money that's the best soundtrack in the entire saga.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:07 PM
JUSTICE FOR MIKE JONES

I'm going to need to see the entire movie in this style kthxbai.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Well I like peanut butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by four-so View Post
I'm going to need to see the entire movie in this style kthxbai.

Oh hey look, why this appears to be a carefully-detailed labor of love in the style of Super Star Wars, which was my jam, why I'll just click in here and
YOU MOTHERFUCKERS AREN'T EVEN USING THE RIGHT SOUND EFFECTS
GET IT PERFECT OR GO HOME

Jedi Knight I understand, but A Link to the Past?

Tags
anakin's force ghost , ani are you ok , doctor who is required , elegant and civilized , i'll be careful , mon mothma prophecies , rip manny bothans , star wars , you'll be dead!