The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 01-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Objection!

Pronouns: She/Her

And decided to keep the party rolling by building another. And tomorrow I'm going to start the PG as a longer project as I watch AGDQ.

I'm not sure what I expected out of the MG F91 2.0. My memory of the 1.0s that I have were that they were solid kits with good build quality. I might say that the 2.0 is possibly a simpler build (It's still using the new-modern design of having bespoke pose hands instead of individually pose-able fingers), but it also does new work on the parts that move. I think the fins work better on the 2.0, though I'll have to pull out my 1.0s to compare, but the 2.0 does have an alternate head that lets you do Face Open on the fly instead of needing to partsform it, which I think is actually really cool. I'll also have to do a comparison, but I think the VSBR rack also is a simpler but more sensible design, because I remember that VSBR racks have tended to be awkward in older kits.

The F91 2.0 still has the common problems of the V-Fins being hard to put on and keep on, and also the butt bazooka rack just being bad. I don't think I've ever built a kit with a good bazooka rack. If I did, it's because they finally used the notches to actually lock it into place, instead of trying to do a weird claw that never sits right. Speaking of notches, I'm surprised that the 2.0 doesn't have the notches in the hands in order to hold the rifle and saber easier, but the specific holding hands seem to be just the right size to make it work out. I was even testing it with an underhand hold at one point, and it worked pretty well.

Overall, though, I like it. Doesn't have the Rafflesia stand like Seabook's 1.0, but the one it does have is good enough, and supports a lighting kit in case you wanted to have a little bit of glow in the face and chest to represent the Biocomputer.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:13 PM
It Is Frame Perfect

As of today, I am employed again. And I've got a good feeling about this one.

So it's time to seal off the last remnant of the previous chapter of my life...

Old 03-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

Wait, apparently I never posted images of the final Gaeon I had a chance to finish off over a month ago. Well then:

Wanted to get those out because now I'm afraid my Gunpla backlog is gonna take a break while I deal with the monstrosity I posted over in the LEGO thread.

Speaking of other threads, earlier cross-over cross-post from Toy Dorkery in case anyone doesn't look there (Though that seems unlikely):

Old 03-03-2019, 03:39 PM

I mean to post replies in here quite a while ago but those tabs got lost to the sands of time.

Umbalgo: Thank you for posting your pics of your Rinko & MG F-91 2.0! That Rinko looks funny because the idea is funny, but the kit looks solid and is surprisingly tasteful compared to other Build Fighters mecha-girls. The F-91 looks fantastic and really makes me want to buy one. But I kinda shouldn't until I start making a backlog dent again. I think it's been about a year since I built something. Starting to get the itch back...

I was looking through the recently released kits, and the future lineup of Bandai stuff, and man... there's just way too much cool stuff coming out. I would post a big effort post about them if people were interested, but I'd rather not eat up space.

Kirin: I actually don't look at Toy Dorkery, so thank you for the repost! Gaeon looks fab and the transient glacier (iirc) looks great too!

Tags
gunpla , gunpla is freedom , model building , plastic-crack