The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Find Your Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleshng View Post
You know J'onn, maybe a blue cape over your Zardoz cosplay wasn't the most appropriate thing to wear to your friend's parents for Christmas. Maybe that's not an appropriate thing to wear any day.

Good on Martha there finding a classy way to point that one out.
Yeah, but as soon as he rises from the table, you'll see a Martian Manhunter in a Charlie Brown sweater, strongman trunks, boots, and the lower end of his cape sticking out behind his waist.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Safe Space

To be fair, he comes from a culture where it's normal to be naked all the time.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:31 PM
till the sheriff stops by

OK, so I finished THREE friggin' volumes of Silver Age Superman. That's nearly four years of pettiness, misogyny, lies, cruelty and, occasionally, genuinely charming fairy tales and Bizarro, who is the best (if we ever do a top 50 DC characters list, Bizarro is going to be very, very high. You may hear more about this in the future.

Now I just started Golden Age Wonder Woman. I was afraid I was overdoing it for old timey comics but man, that was a palate cleanser. Only a few in, but despite the era it came out in, the feminism of this comic largely holds up more than I was expecting, to my delight. Despite the fact that the character exists to make fun of bon-bon eating fatties, I also truly enjoy Etta Candy. It's weird that this is a character writers keep trying to "rehabilitate" but I actually like all versions, whether it be classic or otherwise. My personal favourite is the one from Wednesday Comics, despite the fact that (pretty art aside), the layouts made Wednesday Comics Wonder Woman nigh unreadable.

Also, I read the first couple and I was all like "isn't there supposed to be bondage in this". Then "School for Spies" happens and YUP! I mean, there was a bit per chapter before hand, but man, that one was when I realized that the kink was oozing off the page.

It's a delight.

Tags
chortle at dc's boner , chortle at joker's boner , clark kent is sup-*bang* , comics , detective comics , detective comics comics , just read mark waid books , superman is worst hero , tales from the krypton