The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzarino Sbarro View Post
Feels weird that I've only had a dream like that, like, once.
To balance the scales a bit, I've never had the "teeth falling out" dream.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Senhor Member

Donít think Iíve ever had that one either.

Did have a new hypnagogic hallucination last night. Normally, I see things. Last time, a terrifying man in front of my face a few months ago, more often, spiders. This time it was auditory. Just a short... beeping sequence. Well, booping? It was weird. Not that scary and I wasnít confused. Iíd been thinking about these hallucinations lately (thanks, Mike Flanaganís filmography) and it seemed like I was about due for one.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Senhor Member

Forgot most of what I dreamed last night, but I remember this. I was out in the city with my family and this swinging amusement park ride came unhinged in the distance and flew away, presumably crashing and killing all the riders. Horrifying, but I was like: wow, we gotta leave now or the traffic's gonna get real bad. So we head back to our car but for some reason we have pass through this small tunnel and my dad can't do it because he can't crouch. (his hips!) Depressing.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

I woke up this morning from a natural disaster dream, trying to avoid what was essentially a boiling flood caused by pyroclastic flow from a volcano hitting a nearby lake. Fun.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

I forgot to post about this in the morning, so the details are already fading, but I had some kind of nightmare where I was in a chair with a bunch of friends and acquaintances crowded around me, but then they all suddenly leaned in close to stare at me wearing identical masks of a specific person smiling and kept removing the masks to reveals more copies of the same mask and then all of their actual faces were the mask.

Then I woke up and realized I was late for work.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:23 AM
Senhor Member

Three days; three dreams.
-
Iím at the movies. I see two; there are delays at both. Iím like, thanks moviepass. I donít think this matters but there is one other guy with me watching the second movie, a few rows ahead. I walk out of one because of the delay. Long trailers? Hmm. Thereís a group of people and Iím like, are you Jack Kemp, Who owns this theater? Because fuck that guy! I go to sleep on my right side on a baby, who tells me to stop being a baby. Everyone laughs at me. Humiliating!
-
Iím in a city with a frankly cool railroad track running all through the city. Thereís a bed under one of the tracks. So dumb, but I want to live here now that Iím awake. Iím not sure how I got here, but Iím in a dark room with an actress wearing just a bra and is covered with mold. Just large patches all over her skin. The other person takes some mold off; calls it a leaf.
-
Iím just walking past some cool houses and want to get a picture but Iím sliding down a hill and the pictureís bad. Iím in a college dorm and near some obstinate people who are mad countless people are protesting their conservative pop sci articles. Think like Quill*tte.
-
Notes for the first dream only: my brain pulled out Jack Kemp because of that other Kemp in Georgia. Here is a shocking second twist: the plot line about someone like him owning a theater is also Pulled From Real Life. My local Republican state legislator owns the nearest theater. I donít go there anymore. Thanks, moviepass.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 AM
Senhor Member

Once again I am Piper Chapman in prison. Wild that this is my most frequent recurring dream. ANYWAY I am in a fancy private prison and I am being sent to solitary (and it is very nice lmao. Itís just a nice apartment room) so there is a computer and I start playing some shitty MMORPG and I buy something. This is stressful... how did I get the money... am I spending the prisonís money... will I now get five years added to my sentence.... My mind resolves this in two ways. One, I decide I am rich, which is why I am a private prison. I was just using my money. Itís fine. OR this was fake MMORPG money someone already bought... fine to spend. Communal prison MMORPG account.

I wake up, so I can remember this dream. Back to bed. Have another. Now I am or am just observing Rebecca Bunch from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. There is a Plot Twist and her opponent is her secret older twin and suddenly both are old and decrepit and Rebecca is like, I donít care how much of grandma you inject into yourself... youíll never become her.

Tags
dreams , physiology , psychology , sleep