The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 01-02-2018, 07:42 AM
till the sheriff stops by

Return to the Planet of the Apes

This might be the best, if not THE best, opening I've watched this whole project. I know there were a few good ones, so I feel bad that I'm forgetting them when this one comes along. But this is surprisingly strong. Not even a lot of jokes from me this time around, so if you aren't interested in reading praise, this might not be the entry for you.

We start with, for a 70's cartoon on American TV, something surprisingly stark. In one moving shot, we first see some grass, then some UPSIDE DOWN CRUCIFIED APES ON A HILL. Now, I'm not super familiar with the Planet of the Apes mythos, despite having watched all the original films, but I feel confident assuming those might just be scarecrows. But even as not actual crucifixition, it is a striking and unsettling image that sets a pretty dark tone for the series.

In the distance, we see a small sihlouette of a dude. One of the things I like here is it is a pretty small shadow and the show (and remember, this is a cartoon from the 70's, which tends to have very little trust in the intelligence of the audience), doesn't draw all that much attention to it.

In the foreground, an ape plays the hunting shofar, meaning he's caught sight of the human. We keep panning to see a gang of apes as a music sting plays. My first thought was "this is pretty effective." Then I thought "Haw, they are facing the wrong way." THEN I thought "Wait, what if this is the POV of an ape, and these apes are greeting a whole bunch of hunters who are about to descend on that human. I don't know if the makers thought of that, but it works and it is a great visual all the same.

Thunder strikes and we see a close up of the ape. Then we see lightning and things go into full Saul Bass mode. We see a grid of squares. A close up of some apes eyes come onto the screen and then the blocks fall apart. We then see mirror images of Cornelius (I think) facing each other and then a quick montage of Planet of the Apes-related images. One of the images (of long destroyed cars) opens up and reveals the grid of squares once again, only to have a big ape fist to come down and shatter the whole thing.

We then see even more images from the franchise. A lot. I'm not going to catalogue them. And the grid shows up a few times again.

We then see an angry looking ape in red, holding a very Jack Kirby-style pose as the narrator announces the title. It's all pretty good. But why is the "Return to the" part of the title all pixelly. Odd choice. Looks cool though.

Did it make me want to watch it?

I think so. I won't be seeking it out, but if it lands in my lap, I'd definitely watch it.

Now I look on Wikipedia to learn more about the show

"The series has been criticized for poor production values. Reviewers felt that the constant reuse of backgrounds and lack of movement made the action on screen dull and slow.[4] The voicework has also been criticized for sometimes being unemotional and equally monotonous.

Despite these criticisms, the series was noted for highly detailed backgrounds, illustrations, character designs and camera effects, due in part to veteran cartoonist Doug Wildey. While animation was poor due to budget and time constraints, still artwork, which featured prominently in the program, was extremely detailed, with extensive shading, looking more like a comic book than a television cartoon.

For the most part, the scripts were intelligent, with detailed stories and solid internal continuity. Unlike many animated adaptations, Return to the Planet of the Apes managed to effectively capture the tone of the live action features, complete with the sense of alienation, wonderment, and loss."

I'm used to the shitty production values, so I might still watch it.

Fan Art
Not much to add to these ones.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Bertolli?!?...

I'm not sure what's going on in the lower-left green panel @ ~52 seconds in. On my first watch, I thought it was a "Did I do that?" face, but on freeze-framing, it looks more like he's posing for a glamour shot?
Old 01-02-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
I'm not sure what's going on in the lower-left green panel @ ~52 seconds in. On my first watch, I thought it was a "Did I do that?" face, but on freeze-framing, it looks more like he's posing for a glamour shot?
Could be. And I think that might be Zira, so that would be "she".
Old 01-04-2018, 06:04 AM

Rickety Rocket

We've seen a bit of Rickety Rocket already, but now let's watch the entire intro!

We start off, as we often do with these shows, in a Jetson's style setting, where everyone has decided to put their buildings on precarious looking pedestals. After a look at the lively nightlife, we get a shot of a humble looking house on it's own little pillar, off to the side of the city.

"Far in the future, a far-fetched mechanical miracle takes place!"

Inside we see some two black kids working on a rocket made out of junk while another one reads a newspaper. Based on a name plate on the desk, we see they are the "Far Out Detective Agency". A fourth kid apprears to bring another part and they eventually finish the rocket, which also has a face. The girl of the group kisses the rocket, which then comes to life, so it might be powered by magic.

"As a pile of junk turns into an out of this world scientific marvel!"

The rocket begins to scream.

"RICKETY ROCKET, BLAAAAAAAAAST OOOOOOOOFF!"

And he does just that, with the kids along for the ride.

"It's Rickety Rocket and the Gang."

And the kids start introducing themselves

"Cosmo!"
"Deedee!"
"Sparchmouth!" (?)
"Sunstroke!"
Rickety Rocket laughs maniacally as he flies into the title!.
"Rickety Rocket!"

I should point out that Cosmo and Deedee seem to have stereotypical "black" voices (also, Cosmo sounds like a voice Phil Lamarr would do for a show within a show character for Futurama). It probably doesn't help that the characters are living in a space inner city or something, have to make their space ship from junk and that it has big lips, a stereotypical physical attribute. It kind of reminds me of Roosevelt Franklin, the muppet from the 70's who was ejected from the show for representing black stereotypes despite being an attempt to be a positive role model. Like that character, I feel like the intentions are good, the execution not so much.

But I always feel that properly assessing such things is not one of my strong points (frankly, I'm nervous about typing this, as I am afraid of showing how truly ignorant I am in such issues), so I really would be interested in hearing the opinions of someone with a higher woke-level than me on this subject.

Anyway, don't really want to watch it.

OK, so the girl is "Venus" and the fat guy is "Splashdown". So I got that wrong.

Also, I see multiple non-wikipedia articles complaining about the show's portrayal of African Americans, so at least I'm not alone.

Fan Art
It begins and ends with this...

Wow. If eyes are the windows to the soul, then Rickety is an empty house.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:15 AM

I'm kind of horrified at the racism, and really hung up on how weird it is to be named Sunstroke, but... mostly that last page just got the 80s Heathcliff theme stuck in my head again.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:51 AM
Mystery Contraption

I am pretty well versed in Planet of the Apes lore and can say that I genuinely want to watch that cartoon now.

*pushes up glasses*

And for the record, those are scarecrows, but Ape Society did used to crucify criminals, including (as of War of the Planet of the Apes, Ceaser) so their appearance represents the boundary to the Forbidden Zone, being the one image that is most horrifying to an ape.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM

The Robonic Stooges

Robonic is not a word, but I'll let it slide since it MIGHT be a reference to the BioNIC Man. I mean, it's not clever or anything, but... Wait, no, there's no excuse for "Robonic".

Anyway, I don't dislike the Three Stooges, but they don't hold that much appeal for me. Curly's OK, I guess.

First we see the stooges with superhero clothes on a conveyer belt with a bunch of junk being poured into them as the Stooges version of Three Blind Mice play in the background. Also, each one is having a random limb put on, meaning that the factory system here is a little haphazard. But considering this is a factory that pours garbage into Vaudevillians, that's to be expected. Just ask the Biologically-Augmented Barrison Sisters, who had random organs dumped into their bodies for assimilation.

"Built from the world's finest electronic parts!
Designed to be the world's most perfect electronic robots!"

Is electronic such an impressive word to you? By the 70's, it should feel kind of old hat. Anyway, for comedic effect, our heroes jump off the conveyer belt, only to be knocked off-screen by Robo-Curly. The Gang is then a pile of parts on the floor with their heads sticking out of it as the narrator dubs them "THEE Robonic Stooges." And... Oh, it's over.

Oh, but there's this other one.

"Faster than a speeding locomotive."

This time, we start with the Stooges flying faster than a speeding locomotive on rocket shoes.

"Able to leap tall villains with a single spring."

At this point, we see the Stooges jump over a King Kong with spring shoes, only to crash to the ground.

"THEE Robonic Stooges"

It's basically the same title card, only this time the Stooges are outside.

Then end.

No, sir.

This isn't the first Stooges cartoon, but this is the first Stooge cartoon without any original Stooges, instead using some conventional Hanna-Barbera players, who have been doing characters who are basically just Stooges or other actors who were popular 30 years prior already.

Fan Art

A reminder: this isn't the 1970's anymore, so a cartoon character swearing shouldn't be considered in any way novel.

Someone imagined a "robonic" Shemp. It's terrifying.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Better be the real thing.

One trend I keep noticing is an assumption that kids are totally into old-timey or vaudeville schtick, settings, aesthetics, etc. Maybe it's an artifact of the writers and animators building cartoons out of their nostalgia for stuff that was influenced by vaudeville, or maybe they're making assumptions about what kids like based on their nostalgia, or maybe it's an awareness that small children don't necessarily have a frame of reference for something being "dated" (ex. I had virtually no concept of Bugs Bunny or Rocky & Bullwinkle being decades old when I watched them as a kid; from my POV, they were just as fresh as Voltron). It's an interesting phenomenon.

(I'm probably using "vaudeville" inaccurately, but hopefully you know what I mean.)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 PM
munching ur tides

I thought this was the animaniacs thread for a second
Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 PM

Cartooning...

Cartooning never changes.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 PM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Scott View Post
One trend I keep noticing is an assumption that kids are totally into old-timey or vaudeville schtick, settings, aesthetics, etc. Maybe it's an artifact of the writers and animators building cartoons out of their nostalgia for stuff that was influenced by vaudeville, or maybe they're making assumptions about what kids like based on their nostalgia, or maybe it's an awareness that small children don't necessarily have a frame of reference for something being "dated" (ex. I had virtually no concept of Bugs Bunny or Rocky & Bullwinkle being decades old when I watched them as a kid; from my POV, they were just as fresh as Voltron). It's an interesting phenomenon.

(I'm probably using "vaudeville" inaccurately, but hopefully you know what I mean.)
When these ran, the Stooge films and others; Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, etc were all on heavy rotation on UHF channels to fill out their schedules. So it wasn't that big a stretch to make use of the characters back then.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:02 PM

I thought of that, too, afterwards. Makes sense it'd be for basically the same reason every other famous person got a cartoon.

My number 1 association with anything related to vaudeville is still old cartoons.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:52 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post
Rickety Rocket
Rickety Racist!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:26 AM

The Roman Holidays

Well, this is something I didn't know existed. Turns out following the Flintstones and the Jetsons, Hanna-Barbera tried one more time with the "sitcom but in a crazy time period" setting, this time with ancient Rome and a theme song that is a lot harder to sing along to.

We start off with trumpets in front of a parthenon-looking deal. It then becomes your generic Hanna Barbera fanfare as we see Romans doing now-time stuff. A roman cop directs chariot traffic on a column! Also, the column seems to be sliding down the street because an animator is having a difficult time with close ups, I think.

We then see a busy city street with NO puns. Just businesses. How married are you to this premise, TV show? You could have even just said stuff like "Marketus" or "Barberus Shoppus". It's not clever, but it reminds everyone "hey, Roman times!"

"When in Rome
You do like the Romans do
You play like the Romans play
Together!"

We then see a colosseum and inside Romans are playing football with some vikings, which is probably a gag in Asterix. Right? I mean, it's probably like the other kind of "football", but same deal, right?

Then we see some cheerleaders on TV. Isn't it weird how in this and in the Flintstones, TVs, just work? I mean, all of the other appliances are animals, but shouldn't the TVs have animals in them acting out the news or something? I feel like early Flintstones might have had that but then gave up on it and said "look, it's easier if they just have TVs."

"You're all invited, so come this way,
And meet the Roman Holidays!"

At which point we meet a Roman guy outside the "Venus De Milo Arms". See, that's at least a stab at a gag. "Free parking in rear" doesn't seem to be, unless it's a poorly thought homophobic gag about "all them Roman-types were gays, right?" But probably not. Also "No veni vidi vacancy"? See, that wasn't so hard, was it.

Anyway, the guy is mowing a lawn but with giant snails. Was Rome known for it's giant snails? This is just going to quickly devolve into being the Flintstones, isn't it. Like the writers and animators keep forgetting that it isn't the Flintstones and bit by bit, it literally becomes the Flintstones. This is the first step.

"You'll love Gus and Laurie, Precocia, too."

I got to stop and point something out. Naming a child the word precocious but with an "-ia" at the end isn't a good gag, but it's an attempt. My problem is the second "c" should have a "sh" sound, not a "s" sound. This is were you lost me, The Roman Holidays."

Anyway, we see those characters, though looking at them doesn't really tell us anything about them, except that Gus has an hourglass watch, which is basically just the sundial watch gag from the Flintstones (I think. Did they have sundial watches or did I just imagine that?)

"And big brother Hal Holiday."

We see a teen popping out from another room and holding some drum sticks, as if to say...

Though this is probably less egregious than ANY TIME that Hanna Barbera tried to present "cool" kids.

"And Brutus, the lion, the family cat!"

We see a lion lazing and watching TV while eating food while a lion on TV uses his savage strength to bend bars with it paws.

"He'll eat you out of house and home as quick as that!"

Brutus then looks at his food with embarrassment and then opens his mouth to reveal of chorus of voices, perhaps evidence that he ate the other lead characters.

We then see the Holidays hanging around in a bus stop, but, you know, in ancient Rome. We also see someone who I imagine to be the Michael Lerner of ancient Rome, staring despondently at a time table scroll.

I think the joke is that it is a confusing mess of algebra and arrows, mocking the fact the ancient Rome had mathematicians. It's a valiant stab at a joke for a company known for making "funny" cartoons with no jokes, so I'll give them credit for trying. It helps that they drew that guy so he really does look truly defeated.

"When in Rome, we'll visit the Holidays, they make everybody welcome."

Then, when the song says "Welcome", we see Brutus like the face of what appears to be an ancient hillbilly. See, EVERYBODY is welcome, even gross poor people.

"Hop in your chariot come this way."

As we see the gang in a chariot, we get fanfare as we see a cross between Roman stuff and modern stuff. An elevator on an OLD building! A lectica bus with no bottom! Wait, why? Lecticas aren't known for being bottomless. At best, the only thing this does is provide shade while running. I mean, I guess this might be the joke, but considering how little self-awareness these shows have, I don't have much faith that the writers put any thought into this beyond "wait, this is still the Flintstones, right?"

We then see an ancient ice cream shop (again, no pun or visual gag), an ancient traffic jam and an ancient night club.

"Come on and meet the groovy Holidays!"

We see Brutus in armor and a wig dancing with the teens. We then see an exterior of the Holiday household, then a group shot of the family.

"It's open arms at the Roman Holidays!"

We then get more fanfare and the titles on a tapestry with the family standing around and Brutus picking his teeth.

Nah. Frankly, I think they should have gone with ancient Greece, instead, so they could have a pet cerberus and the guy's boss could be a hydra.

Quote:
their landlord Mr. Evictus, who excites Gus's tagline "Evictus will evict us!"
That was a cute landlord name, but then you went and pointed out the pun. Also, if it his "tagline" (don't you mean catchphrase? What person has a "tagline"?), people probably got sick of that pretty quick.

Also, all of the other characters names are shortened versions of latin sounding names (re: Gus=Augustus)... except Laurie. Would it be that hard just to call her Laurel?

Fan Art

Oh, Deviant Art. When I think something has no fan art, you deliver.

Last edited by Johnny Unusual; 01-11-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Also, all of the other characters names are shortened versions of latin sounding names (re: Gus=Augustus)... except Laurie. Would it be that hard just to call her Laurel?
I dunno, "Laura" dates back to Latin, too, so if they're going to go with names like Gus, Laurie seems okay.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Yeah, but I don't think they chose names based on historical accuracy (though if there were ancient bosses named "Mr. Tycoonius", I'll retract my statement), while laurels are specifically something people associate with ancient Rome.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:07 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Anyway, the guy is mowing a lawn but with giant snails. Was Rome known for it's giant snails?.
Giants ones? No.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 PM

Giant snails are more of a medieval thing.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Scott View Post
Giant snails are more of a medieval thing.
How is this not in the public consciousness more?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM

Wow, I really hated that intro! What were they thinking with big brother standing halfway into a room like he wasn’t ready for the theme song to have started?!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:20 PM

Yeah, right? They couldn't find any other cleaner shot for the character than that. Laurie and Precocia get full close ups with coloured backgrounds. It feels like the editor forgot to include him and rushed to find a clip of him.

As for the song, it doesn't have a memorable tune like the Flintstones. I don't HATE it, but it's pretty bland and forgettable.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:36 PM
munching ur tides

Absolutely bizarre. If you told me this was a Tim and Eric thing parodying the bizarre concepts HB often used for their shows, well, I would almost be convinced, if not for the fact that I would expect Tim and Eric to be more committed to the bit rather than having the only thing making it obviously Roman be the inclusion of lots of columns and a system of counting devoid of place value.

Also as a mathematician known to struggle to read bus timetables, I feel for the guy in the one shot.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

I know a bit about Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but mostly through the 90's sitcom, because in the 90's, I was willing to watch some terrible things. Don't even ask about my movie tastes from that era. What I do know is Sabrina is a witch AND a teenager. And exists in the Archie-verse. So she probably hangs out with Midge or something.

We start out with an establishing shot of a house. We then see Sabrina cast a spell to put a record on a turntable. She then pulls her ear as a secret message to Carol Burnett about her mom or something. She then poses in front of a mirror, disappears and appears dancing next to some guy.

I should point out that the music is pretty high on the limp and inane chart (which is a chart I created for this premise) even before the lyrics come in. I can't articulate why, but pretty quickly it gets on your nerves. And without giving anything away, it gets worst. Not even a stop off at "worse" or even "even worse".

Then we see two random teens dancing, followed by a classic witch dancing with her vacuum until it gets away from her. When then have a brief moment of Sabrina and other's legs dancing around before returning to the classic witch. She dances a bit and then teleports, only to find herself caught in the magical crossfire of a war between Sabrina and a cat, who are casting spells at each other.

We then see Sabrina using magic to slide up a basement bannister. Probably a bad idea. Most other bannisters are find, but that place looks like a bannister will leave oil or grease stains on your butt. Then we see Sabrina being carried off by her friends (Archie is in the front, cheering like mad) when the singing part of the theme song finally starts.

"Oh, it's Sabrina! And all her friends are here again with you."

Her friends include a caveman clubbing a drum, then the Archie gang, minus Jughead (if that's who you choose to leave our of your Archie gang, you have chosen poorly.

"And with Sabrina, there's fun and magic to keep you laughing too."

We then see a cat running. Then Sabrina throws a ball of magic at a guy with a giant magnet, which then ties him up in a manner that looks like it might be lethal. Also, I want to say kinky, but that could be the effect of me reading a lot of Golden Age Wonder Woman recently.

Sabrina pulls her ear and suddenly, some guy is turned into a great basketball player. Or he already was and there was some sort of mystery effect we weren't privy too. But probably the former.

"See her tug her ear, see her disappear."

Both of those things happen.

"Yes it's Sabrina! And her magic power can get her out of trouble!"

We then see two dogs chasing that one cat, which then disappears, presumably by way of Sabrina's magic power, as implied by the song.

We then see Sabrina materialize, followed by her hanging out with Paul F. Tompkins and his magic broom.

"Oh, it's Sabrina. You're never sure if you're not seeing double."

At which point we see Sabrina split into two people while dancing with her friend. Here's a question. Why not "You're never sure if you are seeing double"? I can see advantages in specific situations, but in this case, I had a hard time breaking down this sentence. I mean, "I'm not sure I'm not..." expresses a special kind of uncertainty for a context for parties who are involved with the situation. At least, that's what comes to mind for me. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm pretty slow, so maybe I'm off-base here.

"It's Sabrina! Sabrina the Teenage Witch!"

We then see that one shot of Sabrina taken away by the crowd again, making this feel interminable. I mean, we are right at the end and they've only exclaimed "Sabrina" 6 times, which isn't unreasonable, but something about the awfulness of the theme song makes it feel like they said it 16 and will not stop. But then see see the titles and it is... After Sabrina flies by on this thing.

What IS that thing. I see part of a broom on there, but it also has a flower and... I dunno. It took me a while to figure out that the front of it has a pillow for her cat and isn't an engine or industrial strength flashlight.

No.

The show's opening strapline is: "Once upon a time, there were three witches, who lived in the little town of Riverdale. Two aunts, Hilda and Zelda, are choosing the ingredients to create an evil wicked witch. But suddenly, Zelda bumped right into Hilda and accidentally added beautiful girls' stuff as an extra ingredient. Thus, the grooviest teenage witch was born. She has white hair with a pink headband, and blue eyes. She wears a blue dress with a black belt and black shoes. She loves to goof off and battle evil forces using her ultra magical powers. It so happens that she is the first bewitching American superhero — Sabrina, the teenage witch!"

First, I had to look up strapline. According to wikitionary.

1. A secondary heading, especially one printed above another.
2. (Britain) A memorable slogan attached to a commercial brand.

If either of those describe what I read, it is still cumbersome. Second of all, I guess Sabrina is the original Powerpuff Girl. Weird. Also, superhero? That's not at all what comes to mind when I think of the character. I think they are just trying to trick me into watching the show.

Fan Art

This looks mostly good, but something seems off about her face, but I don't know what it is. I think maybe she has glass eyes.

Is she wearing one of those creepy woman masks that serial killers are always wearing in anime and manga? That is positively haunting.

This next one is pretty good.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM
munching ur tides

Dear god what children's toy did they murder to get that terrible organ sound from

EDIT: could be the sound of a YC-30 being slaughtered
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
We then see Sabrina cast a spell to put a record on a turntable.
By phasing the record through the spindle.

Quote:
Then we see two random teens dancing
Dancing is a charitable definition of what was happening there. It looks to me like they're suffering from ergotism.
Old Today, 11:21 AM

Schoolhoue Rock!

Just a quick one today. You all probably know this one. Even if you haven't seen it, it sure has been parodied enough.

We start off with a line of small children.

"As your body grows bigger."

And their bodies grow bigger.

"Your mind will flower"

Flowers start sprouting out of the kids' heads.

"It's great to learn."

The flowers turn into things that children should learn: Pilgrims! 2 + 2 = 4! Noun! H20!

Maybe it's just me, but the math one seems to be of a different, lower level than all of the other stuff. But I dunno. I mean, if the lessons is basic enough, I think you can introduce the idea of pilgrims early on. Also, I want to believe that putting the math over the Asian kid's head is a coincidence. Please let it be a coincidence.

"Cause knowledge is power!" Exclaims one boy, who spins around and turns into a muscled superhero.

"It's Schoolhouse Rocky, just a chip off the block,
Of your favourite schoolhouse, Schoolhouse Rock!"

The words "Schoolhouse Rocky" appear in the background made of stone. The words begin to shake and "Schoolhouse Rocky" rushes to save them from tumbling over. He succeeds, but the Y turns into an exclamation mark.

As a kid, I've never understood why they introduced a superhero in the intro who never ever factors into things. I mean, if all the kids turned into things like cowboys and wizards, I'd get that this is a world of imagination where education and fun meet. But they name check this superhero, give us one detail about him, seguewaying into the title in a manner that doesn't make a lot of sense. Keep in mind, I think this is a good intro (with actual animation!), but I never quite understood adding an intro only character.

Sure. The music is catchy and fun.

Turns out Schoolhouse Rocky shows up in exactly one episode... but in his initial appearance, he didn't look like the Schoolhouse Rock mascot and then in later airings of the same song he was redesigned to look like Rocky.

Also, new episodes aired in the 90's and in the 2000's (most notably with an environmental mini-series "Earth Rock") Also, in 2013, there was a live performance with the original singers.

Fan Art

You know you put the characters all together and you realize how weird this show was. Also, I have no recollection of the robotic angel torso. That's weird, right?

This guy was nice enough to give the robotic angel some arms.

I don't remember the show well enough to remember this guy, but he looks kind of neat. Was he like some sort of cosmic Paul Williams? Because that's the vibe I'm getting.

Now feel free to post your favourite Schoolhouse Rocks. Mine is the adverbs one.
Old Today, 12:04 PM
Safe Space

Default I can't not post it

Old Today, 04:08 PM
munching ur tides

Quote:
I don't remember the show well enough to remember this guy, but he looks kind of neat. Was he like some sort of cosmic Paul Williams? Because that's the vibe I'm getting.
Kiiiiiiiinda. Also note the number of fingers and toes he might have.

This doubles as one of my favorite videos, because usually kids' shows aren't ballsy enough to try to show off base 12 counting.

Tags
shmooby-doo