The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

Awesome, thanks. Dunno if I'll ever be compelled to play this again, but it's good to know I'll still have my handful of five star waifus and five billion f!Corrins if I do come back to it.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:24 AM
Objection!

So, the Choose Your Legends characters are finally coming out, and boy they're a doozy.

Lucina: Blue Spear Infantry
  • Gierskogul: +3 Def. Grants Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Dagger heroes within 2 squares Atk/Spd +3 during combat.
  • Aether
  • Sturdy Blow
  • Drive Spd

Roy: Red Sword Cavalry
  • Blazing Durandal: Atk +3. If unit's Atk is higher then foe's, gain an additional special charge.
  • Galeforce
  • Steady Blow
  • Desperation

Lyn: Colourless Bow Cavalry
  • Mulagir: Spd +3. If foe is a caster, then negate all bonuses they have.
  • Draconic Aura
  • Swift Sparrow
  • Sacae's Blessing: If foe has sword/lance/axe, it cannot counterattack.
  • Atk Smoke: After combat, deal Atk -7 to foes within 2 squares of the target.

Ike: Green Axe Infantry
  • Urvan: -1 special count, if unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from the second one onwards is reduced by 80%.
  • Aether
  • Steady Breath: If attacked during combat, gain Def +4 and +1 special charge.
  • Beorc's Blessing: Gain effectiveness against flying and cavalry. Negate bonuses during combat.
  • Threaten Def

Also, on the 31st you get to pick one of these characters for free at 5*!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
Also, on the 31st you get to pick one of these characters for free at 5*!
Niiiiiice.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

Lyn seems kinda ridiculous for a mounted unit. Wow.

I'm probably going to grab Lucina.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:01 AM
World of Darkness Returns

If I get Lucina then I'll be one unit away from having an all Lucina team.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Objection!

Same for me.

While Lyn is totally a rockin' mounted archer, I already have a good range of archers and mounted? So I'll probably not pick that. I'm currently leaning towards Ike because while I would ALSO like to be 1 Lucina away from Lucina Emblem, I literally only have 4 5* green units, and I have 10 5* Blues and Reds. 10 each.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

For some reason this game keeps giving me Camilla. I was hoping for Amelia on my last pull of the Sacred Stones banner, but... nope, I have 4 Camillas now, and the only one that isn't garbage is +Speed -Def. Do I feed the others to her or do I save them for Brave Axe+ inheritance?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:43 AM
oh my car

This game keeps trying to bribe me into coming back, but I'm wiser now; I know it's still gacha.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
This game keeps trying to bribe me into coming back, but I'm wiser now; I know it's still gacha.

Last edited by Lucas; 08-29-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I should really just stay away from this thread.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:02 PM
King Of Space-Time

Old 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
poisonous thread snake

Quote:
I wish I was so wise.

This game pulled me back in with all the recent banners. I had been frustrated by my inability to pull a decent Green, but now I have Green Ike AND Hector.

My current (once Ike is leveled up) team is Saber, Reinhardt, Klein and Ike (G). I'm honestly considering slapping Hector's Distant Counter on Saber to make him an especially annoying unit for any distant attackers to deal with.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Sega CD version is better

So I really don't get the point of Sacae's Blessing. Sword/Axe/Lance not being able to counterattack would be great, if it wasn't on a ranged unit.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:59 PM
poisonous thread snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becksworth View Post
So I really don't get the point of Sacae's Blessing. Sword/Axe/Lance not being able to counterattack would be great, if it wasn't on a ranged unit.
I suppose it's mostly useful just for trumping foes with Distant Counter or equivalent abilities
Old 08-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Objection!

Yeah, it helps shut down units like Xander, Hector, Ryoma, and Camus, who have Distant Counter, which is itself a hard counter to ranged units. Especially colourless ranged units, as they tend to be exceptionally fragile.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:47 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Default Might not even play again so this luck is wasted on me

Jumped back in after months because I want a free unit, realized I had 60 orbs saved up, did a bunch of pulls and ended up with Roy and Lyn. Geez! So... Lucina or Ike?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

Brave Lucina is basically classic Lucina with better defense and physical buff potential in lieu of built-in dragonslayer and Renewal 2. I haven't finished leveling her, but I'm sure she's a great unit. Ike appears to be designed to counter Brave weapons and Rider/Flier Emblem teams.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 AM
oh my car

Interview with the directors.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Interesting that they were so surprised at Lyn's popularity.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 AM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violentvixen View Post
Interesting that they were so surprised at Lyn's popularity.
Lyn is American Marth.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Mad Overlord

This new event (free Lyn for my first 5* archer) managed to get me to reinstall, and I've been knocking out the last few months' worth of events. They've added some fun wrinkles with the multi-team stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
I literally only have 4 5* green units, and I have 10 5* Blues and Reds. 10 each.
I'd happily trade you some if I could. Green is the only color that I'm well-stocked in 5* units on, with 3 axes and 4 green mages. And they're all (except Merric) actually good, too. Going by the wiki arena tier list, my 6th-best green is better than either of my 2 reds or blues.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

You can marry your favorite character now.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:15 PM
oh my car

My understanding is that any character can now marry any other character.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Crazy Old Bird

I don't have many 5* characters but the ones I have are pretty solid, enough for a couple of teams. This is a fun game to come back to after missing months of content because I'm no longer stressed about trying to finish everything. It's too late!

Would it be better to horde all the feathers I can and only use them to upgrade characters to 5*, or spend 2,000 to upgrade my 3* Gunter so someone can inherit Hone Cavalry to go with my shiny Roy and Lyn?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Would it be better to horde all the feathers I can and only use them to upgrade characters to 5*, or spend 2,000 to upgrade my 3* Gunter so someone can inherit Hone Cavalry to go with my shiny Roy and Lyn?
I personally would only bother promoting someone to 5* if they had a legendary weapon. Meanwhile, if you're above Level 10 in the Arena you can make back the cost of promoting a skill fodder unit every week - and that's assuming you don't do any quests, voting gauntlets or tempest trials to get more than that.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Mad Overlord

Hard to say without knowing the rest of what you're working with. Cavalry teams are incredibly strong, especially if you have a mounted mage available, so enabling that is definitely a worthwhile investment of feathers.

As for what to upgrade to 5*, legendary weapons are great but I'd just focus on making sure the character is one that fills a niche you need long term and has good stat modifiers.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:06 AM
Crazy Old Bird

As luck would have it, I have a 4* Reinhardt, who at 5* has a Brave Tome, Vantage, and Goad Cavalry, which would go nicely with the Lyn and Roy I got with my insane gacha luck. I'd say that's worth 20,000 feathers, especially if Cavalry teams are the bees knees as you say.

I ended up going with Ike for my free Brave summon, because the only 5* Green I had is Fae, who's great but it's nice to have options.

I also found I could coast through a lower tier of Tempest Trials Mini using Lyn and Azura (I have a 5* Azura, because this game loves me for some reason), so now I also have a 5* Masked Marth... who I'll probably never use because Masked Marth has no skills.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:50 AM
World of Darkness Returns

I've got a bunch of 5* people but I'm too lazy to figure out if anyone is better than who I'm using so I've pretty much had the same team for 6+ months:

Old 09-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Mad Overlord

Quote:
As luck would have it, I have a 4* Reinhardt, who at 5* has a Brave Tome, Vantage, and Goad Cavalry, which would go nicely with the Lyn and Roy I got with my insane gacha luck. I'd say that's worth 20,000 feathers, especially if Cavalry teams are the bees knees as you say.
Yeah, those three, plus Gunter or another green cavalry of your choice that inherits Hone Cavalry, will steamroll arena or any non-inferno single battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSL View Post
I've got a bunch of 5* people but I'm too lazy to figure out if anyone is better than who I'm using so I've pretty much had the same team for 6+ months:
Some of it depends on the individual stat bonuses and penalties they each have, but Hector (especially since you don't have a green on your team) and brave Lucina are the main ones that jump out at me.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
so now I also have a 5* Masked Marth... who I'll probably never use because Masked Marth has no skills.
Masked Marth's gimmick is being a free Lucina (same stats and everything) without skills - which at least is better than the other two Tempest Trials-exclusive units. I got decent mileage out of the 4* one I got back in June thanks to lucking into some good skills to pass on to her, and I've been saving a Lon'qu (Vantage fodder) for when I get 5* Masked Marth later today.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

Outside of Luna, Lucina's default kit is nothing special, anyway. Masked Marth is pretty amazing for a freebie.

Tobin has a pretty decent niche, but Clive is even more boring than he is in Shadows of Valentia. I'm guessing Nephenee is going to be the next Tempest Unit, so I'm looking forward to that.

I missed Tobin because I sat that Tempest Trial out, but now I regret it. I want to make a Robin, Robin, Robin, and Tobin team. Hopefully he'll show up again.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars