The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-15-2017, 11:56 AM
gatchapon 3*

how do characters inherit skills?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:37 PM
disguised king of surfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
how do characters inherit skills?
We will find out tomorrow!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

I got 5-star Sanaki and Jaffar in the same pull. I don't really need more red units, but it's otherwise nice.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Not excited about reinforcements but oh well.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Fishing for Felbloom

You have to figure they'll almost certainly be asshole reinforcements, too.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:16 AM
Objection!

Inheritance is live! Basically, the system is just like Merge Allies, except 1) It can be any other character (obviously), and 2) Instead of getting a stat bonus, the target character gets up to 3 of the source character's skills that you pick. These skills don't have to have already been learned by the source character, and they simply get added to the target's character's skill list as new purchase options.

Inherited skills cost 50% more to learn, but if the skill you inherited is something that character would have learned normally at a higher rank (for example, if you decided to inherit Brave Sword+ to a unit before they were 5*), it keeps it's normal cost instead.

As a reminder: If you inherit a skill to a unit right now, and then Merge Ally that into another copy of that unit, those skills are lost! Wait until the April update before you start merging allies that you've inherited skills into.

For me, I had a 4* copy of Eirika sitting around, so I inherited Pivot and Drag Back over to my Hector. That should REALLY boost his movement up. I'll have to start looking at what can work well for my other characters now.

Edit: Also, there's a now batch of quests for the training tower that go until the end of the month. Each one gives 3 orbs, and they get progressively tougher as you go on. The last few are about doing 10th Stratum with a themed party and no one can get KOed!

Last edited by Umbaglo; 03-16-2017 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:59 AM

Lyn now has Vantage.

God help you all. Mwahahahahahaha

Although I didn't really realize how little SP I had on Lyn so she's gotta kill a solid 140 units before she can work up to Vantage 3. One day I hope to run into a Lyn pull with normal Atk, +Spd and pass it to her.

Last edited by Oathbreaker; 03-16-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:09 AM
oh my car

You get to pick the inherited skills? Nice.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM
oh my car

Okay, so I've gotten a basic summary of how skill inheritance works:

If you feed a unit to another unit, the beneficiary can receive skills (maybe just one?) of your choosing from the sacrifice. The beneficiary can only have three inherited skills total. The skills you can transfer are anything in the sacrifice's skill list (they don't need to have learned it) at their current rarity, so you may need to promote the sacrifice in order to unlock a skill that you want to transfer. A lot of good skills are available at three stars or lower, however!

Transferred skills are added to the beneficiary's skill list, but they still need to spend SP to learn them. It takes 50% more SP than usual to learn them. They transfer forward when promoting, the same as regular skills.

If a transferred skill has prerequisites, the beneficiary must also learn those prerequisites. Because a unit can only receive three skills, that means if they want a level 3 version of a skill, the three transfers must be the desired skill and its prereqs.

Most skills can be transferred. Some skills have limitations based on movement type or weapon type. Some skills, like legendary weapons and Dance, are considered unique and cannot be transferred.

Yes, this means some insanely powerful combos are now possible, and whales will have better access to them. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
do-do-doo do-doo

The 3 skill limit is only per-transfer. I just gave a character 4 skills.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:05 PM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

Time to feed tiki to takumi so that his attacks do aoe damage and heal everyone around him.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

High speed brave weapon + Growing/Blazing Flame? Throw in a dancer and cluster bomb the enemy team.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:40 PM
does the Underpants Dance

So does this mean you can also make anyone a dancer?
Old 03-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

Certain skills and weapons appear to be restricted, including Dance.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Objection!

No, Dance is flagged as a Unique skill, so it's not transferable.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Fishing for Felbloom

No, dancing can't be inherited. Neither can legendary weapons.

I think I'll wait until I see what builds people come up with before I start sacrificing my surplus characters en masse for their useful skills.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:08 AM

I did a full summon and got 5* Jaffar. At least he should be fun to play with. A bit worried about using his ATK/SPD up DEF/RES down skill, but I'm sure it's worth learning.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:22 AM
Objection!

A "Starter Support" event just went up, until April 3rd, which has 2 more of those launch celebration-style maps (gives 3 orbs each, 2 difficulties. One this week, one next week.), another batch of 2 orbs a day, and +50% XP.

Also I got an Android login bonus of a 4* FCorrin. Don't know if there's an iOS side one.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:39 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

There isn't.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 AM
The Shogun of Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
Time to feed tiki to takumi so that his attacks do aoe damage and heal everyone around him.
As if Takumi wasn't broken enough...mother of God...

I got another 5 star the other day, Lucius. ...ya know, if you're gonna give me a 5 star, please don't give me TRASH. At least now I've got a full 8 man compliment of five stars. The only issue is 3 are colorless ranged/support types, one blue, one green, and 3 red. So it's not exactly balanced, but still, I can't complain too much.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:39 AM
gatchapon 3*

this seems like a lot of work for not a lot of gain.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:12 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

It CAN be, but it doesn't have to be. For example, I have a 5 star Marth. Marth doesn't have a purple ability. I can lose one of my Palla that I'm not using and give him a 2 turn purple ability for free. That immediately makes my Marth way better, for essentially no cost since I wasn't using her anyway and my Marth has a million SP saved up since I already learned all of his abilities and you get SP for killing guys, and he was the 2nd 5 star I ever got so he has a ton of kills.

Plus, look at that this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
Takumi is already a super duper strong archer, who can counterattack physical attackers. Give him the aoe heal from a dagger user like Felicia and the aoe burst damage from someone like Leo or Camilla and now he's even more top tier. I don't know if this will work because of the slots he uses with his default abilities offhand, but it's an idea.

So yeah. The results will speak for themselves. The extra SP cost is a drag, but that'll come with time (even at max level, you get 3 SP for kills). And if you pull dupes in a box, then you can use those to feed your heroes. Insane people who dump a ton of money into this game will become nightmares in the arena.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Objection!

Man, getting a lot of 5*s this banner cycle. Now I've gotten a Catria and a Lucius. That's... technically 2 units from the new banner, and 2 units that'll be on the next arena bonus list, but both are healers so that doesn't help me much!

I'll probably just level up and run Priscilla in the party for the next set of arena seasons, and lose some of the possible bonus points. Maybe. I could PROBABLY make up for it by running Hector instead of Camilla, though.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Mad Overlord

My last three 5*s have all been healers (Lachesis, Lucius, and Priscilla). I keep trying for greys because I don't have a 5* archer yet. I'm not seeing much of a reason to include any healer in teams over Olivia, though, as high offense seems to be the focus.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 PM
oh my car

Feed an Odin to an Ursula so she has Blárblade (or Blárblade+ if you can manage to part with a 5*), which does bonus damage equal to the buffs she's received. Then put her on a team with a Gunter (for Hone Cavalry) and a Jagen (for Fortify Cavalry) and go to town.

I've just sacrificed an Abel so that my Effie can learn Brave Lance. Didn't go with Brave Lance+. I like Effie, but not that much.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Mad Overlord

Heh, yeah, that's exactly what I just did with Cecilia and Nino. +30 damage is kind of silly.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:57 AM

I think I'm going to learn Draw Back, or maybe it's Pull Back, but the skill that Donnel has, on someone like Takumi or Jaffar.

Also thinking of donating skills to cover gaps in either Lucina or Seliph, like an active skill for Seliph, a support skill for Lucina, and a B skill for either of them.

I'm definitely not a pro at this game, but Jaffar seems really good against whatever your other team might struggle to kill. Especially because of that flat 7 damage when you initiate attacks, even if that 7 damage can't kill anything.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

I kind of want to put Renewal on someone with Ardent Sacrifice, like Rebecca, so I can have a dedicated healer without giving up a combat slot. I think Florina is the only character to have that combination naturally, but I only have her at three stars and am swimming in blues besides. The thing about healers is that when you need them you really really need them, but they're dead weight the rest of the time.

It seems like B is where all the power skills are. Renewal, Vantage, Quick Riposte, Desperation, Wary Fighter, Obstruct, and all the Seal and Breaker skills are in B. A, by contrast, is almost pure filler, with only flat stat boosts, the Defiant skills, and the questionable "raise some stats but lower others" family of skills.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Are Close and Distant Counter considered unique so you can't transfer them? Those are by far the best skills in the A slot and I'd be really tempted to feed Takumi to Lyn if she didn't have Defiant Attack there already, which is key to giving her Vantage against anything that isn't Takumi.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 AM
disguised king of surfing

I've been trying to see how to have Camilla make better use of her Brave Axe. I think a good plan is to replace her special with Glacies (damage +80% RES, charge 4) and possibly her Darting Blow with Life and Death.

Running the numbers with my -Def +Res Camilla, this takes her from 38 Atk +11 charge 3 to 43 Atk +23 charge 4. And instead of having 27 Spd +6 initiate, she has a flat 32 Spd. Very slight loss here offensively, but she's harder to double now.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars