The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 02-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelbel View Post
(and a MUCH better investment than your first 4*->5* upgrade, whatever that ends up being).

Um, about that...
Old 02-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Crazy Old Bird

I should probably reiterate that, despite my constant complaining, I'm still enjoying the actual game bits a lot. Bringing up a party from Level 1 in the Training Tower is aces.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:01 PM
This Guy

There is something innately addictive about seeing those +1s.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:53 PM
King Of Space-Time

So, odd question; is this game stating that Tharja/Robin is canon?
Old 02-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Fishing for Felbloom

Tharja having an obsession with the Awakening Avatar is absolutely canon. Whether it's reciprocated is up to you.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Objection!

So, new banner's up, with siblings from Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, and Radiant Dawn, as well as a new set of Paralogues and quests. Looks like the last set of siblings got added to the summon list as 4*s as well.

This time, the list of focus characters is actually kind of a good mix:
  • Klein (Archer; Brave Bow/Glacies/Death Blow/Quick Riposte)
  • Sanaki (Red Tome; Cymbeline (Spur Atk)/Harsh Command/Tri-Adept/Hone Atk)
  • Reinhardt (Blue Tome Mounted; Dire Thunder/Blazing Thunder/Vantage/Goad Cavalry)
  • Olwen (Blue Tome Mounted; Dire Thunder/Reposition/Warding Blow/Ward Cavalry)
  • Eldigan (Red Sword Mounted; Mystletainn (-1 Special)/Growing Light/Fury 3/Lunge)
  • Lachesis (Healer; Absorb/Physic/Solid-Earth Balm/Spur Res)

My saved up orbs got me Sanaki (-Spd/+Def, it seems) and a Hector (-Def/+Res). I want to get either of these blue tomes and probably also Lachesis, so I'll probably do one or two more pulls once I get enough orbs.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:44 AM

Meanwhile I'm just like "Greil mercenaries when?"

Maybe this game should be abbreviated as MEH.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Did a full pull and got 5* Azura. Why are you being so nice to me, game? I'm not very nice to you.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:13 AM
does the Underpants Dance

I don't know what my summoning strategy should be in this game. It's been a long time since I pulled so I tried some with the new banner because it covered lots of holes for me. I have enough for 5 full pulls but I still don't think it's worth blowing all of it on one banner. I did get a bunch of coverage already from 4* dudes, though I still don't have a good thief or archer.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM
Espurrs are proud.

Unrelatedly, they changed Raquesis back to Lachesis and I'm sure the Jugdral message boards are just an absolute joy right now.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:58 AM
disguised king of surfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfut View Post
Unrelatedly, they changed Raquesis back to Lachesis and I'm sure the Jugdral message boards are just an absolute joy right now.
trust me, i'm sure they noticed back when the voting thing was up, since that had Lachesis's name with an L

it's almost like she got her name from mythology
Old 02-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Espurrs are proud.

the jugdral fandom is like 90% namewank at this point which is why i brought it up
Old 02-27-2017, 11:20 PM

I've been having a fairly good time just ignoring the gacha? I did one (admittedly well balanced) initial 4-character pull and just training them + some freebie characters up has been fun, playing a handful of battles a day. There's enough game there that I haven't felt the gacha-type NEED BIGGER NUMBERS sort of compulsion.

I'll probably draw on this banner, though. Farewell, innocence.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Went to My Nintendo to get some stamina potions and crystals, and suddenly remembered the "Earn Points" button. Got almost 2000 coins for stuff I've been doing in this game. More potions for me!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:11 AM
Objection!

There's going to be a new event coming up soon which seems to be a popularity tourney. You pick one of the princes and princesses, and duke it out against other teams to earn points to vote for your chosen character. And your teams will be comprised on (I assume) your main hero, a friend's main hero, and the main hero from a random other player who is in your group. Sounds kind of interesting!

Also they have a Switch launch login bonus.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:13 AM

I hit 100 orbs, and I forgot the god-awful double blind gatcha this thing has. So I did a pull and while I still only have Takumi for 5* guys, I got 4* Jeorge, 4* Catria (dupe), 4* Gwendolyn (yay, my first armor unit), 3* Beruka and 3* Stahl.

I really should just wait until they do a banner featuring characters I really like (Greil mercenaries for the love of god), but at least now I can complete these armor unit quests.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

That went well.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 AM

Gatcha finally paid out. Peri, Seliph, and Tharja? Yeah, I'll take it. Finally I have a great sword guy, cavalier, and a godlike tome team with Robin, Nino, and now Tharja.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Objection!

That voting gauntlet is now live! You get your main hero, plus a friend's main hero, plus a random teammate's hero against 3 random foes from the opposing team. The winner gets to spend voting flags to grant points to their team's score. There's also apparently a overall playerbase points challenge for some additional orbs. You can only fight in the gauntlet once every 30 minutes. There's also a new pair of mini-banners to go along with the event, with the first featuring Chrom, Leo, and Ephraim, and the second featuring Lucina, Elise, and Eirika.

I also did a couple of rolls and got myself a -Res/+Def Eldigan, a second Sanaki (+Atk/-Spd), and a neutral Reinhardt. I don't know if I want to use this Sanaki over my previous one, but I'm TOTALLY going to level Reinhardt up for main team possibilities.

I've also gotten a couple of MRobins and a Peri at 4* that I'm going to have to look at getting ready to promote later on. If I sell off all these excess heroes I'm never going to use, I should have enough to pay for my first 5* upgrade. I just need to pick who it'll be. My short list so far is Nino, Nowi, MRobin, Peri, FCorrin, and Fae.

And speaking of main team, the arena bonus heroes also rotated around. This time up it's Sanaki, Klein, Reinhardt, Olwen, Eldigan, Lachesis, FRobin, Jagen, and Sully.

And lastly, a new Xenologue is up. Only one stage in it, but it's worth 3 orbs per difficulty.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 AM

I like Seliph, mostly because Genealogy of the Holy War is a pretty cool (and also crazy) FE game. But he's probably my hardest hitting unit outside of tricks with Nino. Like he doesn't really need ATK buffs, he'll just roll up and smack the hell out of any red unit, and one shot virtually all green units (sometimes armor guys don't die in one hit).

Downside? His SPD is low enough that he can't really double guys, except at low HP, and his RES is also low enough that non-green mages are pretty dangerous. And in arena, he's unfortunately mostly useless against Takumi.

5* Peri is also really fun. Killer Lance and Daylight, I think it is, means she can deal tons of damage. She can't take physical damage hits at all but is pretty comfortable tanking magic, and is a really good ranged killer.

I'm still gonna wait for another banner before I pull again. I like the featured characters on these battle banners (particularly the Princesses banner, with Lukina) but at this point, I can just wait for characters I'm interested in and work from there. I have enough of everything... well, except armor, for the Lunatic quests for this month (why does it have to be 4 armored units?).
Old 03-08-2017, 12:16 AM

Double post because of something awesome I discovered:
If you do a voting battle and get one of the Sibling Bonds characters, any kills they get count for the quests. So you don't have to win gatcha to finish those quests, maybe. It's still random, but the characters seem to be players' #1 slot in their first team.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
[Seliph's] RES is also low enough that non-green mages are pretty dangerous.
This continues to catch me by surprise every time I see it in-game. Good MDEF (or with Tyrfing, ridiculous MDEF) is almost his single notable mechanical feature in Genealogy.

Quote:
If you do a voting battle and get one of the Sibling Bonds characters, any kills they get count for the quests.
Wonder if I can get five fights with armored for the March normal quest...
Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

I got enough orbs today for another pull, and opened the worst pack ever: Five three-stars, all dupes, two of which are from the daily rotation of free heroes. I feel like this should be illegal.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

I've been trying to only pull green orbs, but the game is making it stupidly hard. In the five or six pulls I've tried since committing to that, maybe one had two green orbs, two or three had one green, and two have had no greens whatsoever (who needs five reds?). It's a bit frustrating.

ETA: just did two more pulls with no green orbs whatsoever. It's like the game knows, and is an asshole.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 AM

Got Seliph to 40, decided to do some pulls for fun (and I had 81 orbs).

4*: Gaius, Chrom, Catria (#3, so now my 4* Catria is 22+2)
5*: Elise (#2, so now my Elise is 26+1), Lucina (yay)
3*: grown-up Tiki, Serra, Wrys (#2), Arthur (#3), Jagen, Setsuna

Gaius doesn't have that crazy Poison Dagger weapon, but Rogue Dagger is still really nice since it steals DEF/RES. And he also has Rally Speed. Serra is a ridiculous healer and I can only imagine she will be the best one out of all the ones I have, if I can get her promoted all the way to 5* rank. Absorb, Mend, and Swift-Wind Balm is virtually perfect... add in that she also has Hone ATK and I'll probably continue to have 3 units glued to her constantly.

Chrom definitely seems like he's Seliph, but better (or would be at 5*), but then Lucina is Chrom, but better, so... yeah, I'll grind her up to 40 and then also get her thousands of SP so she can have Aether and all her other skills.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:11 AM
oh my car

Which of the current banners should I pull from?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I've been trying to only pull green orbs, but the game is making it stupidly hard.
Clearly we need an event featuring all of the uggo Chapter 1 bandit bosses as focus characters.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
Which of the current banners should I pull from?
What niches do you need filling?
Old 03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
gatchapon 3*

is it worth upgrading from a 4* to a 5?
Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Objection!

Yeah. Even on "bad" characters, it's easily a huge jump in max stats. Of course, it's just that you get feathers so slowly that you need to really pick who you want to upgrade.

I'm still kind of stuck on who I want to promote first. I'm starting to lean towards Fae, since my green options are a flyer, an armour, and a caster. But Nowi is great for having Distant Counter, and my other blue options are a lancer and a Brave caster. MRobin has anti-colourless and is super tanky for a mage, though...

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars