The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 AM
New Video World is out!

Default Gripe about what you're NOT playing

I want a 3DS more or less immediately. Through the beginning of January, if I buy one I'll get a free game thrown in, and that game is Super Mario's 3D Land. I want this so bad I can taste it. In the manner of Mark Knopfler at the beginning of "Money For Nothing": I want my Mario 3 Deeeeeeee

But yeah I can't afford it can I. £189.99 for 3DS XL, NSMB2, 3D Land and a charger. That seems like a good deal. But no, I don't HAVE £189.99 to spare. Stupid Getting Married.

Also, I have Deus Ex Human Revolution but I can't be arsed with it. I've no doubt it's good, but every time I hover over the "play" button on Steam I just find myself thinking "this will probably require a bit too much investment on my part" and I play Isaac instead. More fool me.

Over to you Talking Timers.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 AM
you work for ME now

I haven't gotten to try a good chunk of the PixelJunk stuff because it keeps being on systems that I don't own (especially Shooters 1 & 2, which almost feels like a crime against nature at this point).

And I really really hope Persona 4 Golden gets a 360 release at some point.

I mean Arena is already a thing you can play on it, so why not?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 AM
There's no thread shortag

This thread was made for me! *jumps in hole*

I'm not playing...

- all the Super Nintendo games I always wanted to play
- all the Home Computer games I always wanted to try
- all the C64 adventures and RPGs I have
- all the handheld games (GB, GG, GBC, GBA, DS) I still have
- all the console games I have (PSX+PS2 games + many many RPGs)
- all the *cough, cough* totally bought games that I got way back...

All in all, I don't have enough lifetime for all the things I want to play.

Where is my winning lottery ticket?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
concentrate

Steam Xmas sale purchases are nipping at my heels.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
The Shogun of Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Old_Chestnut View Post
I haven't gotten to try a good chunk of the PixelJunk stuff because it keeps being on systems that I don't own (especially Shooters 1 & 2, which almost feels like a crime against nature at this point).

And I really really hope Persona 4 Golden gets a 360 release at some point.

I mean Arena is already a thing you can play on it, so why not?
Don't buy Pixeljunk Eden, because that was my attempt at "oh hey I'll try these Pixeljunk things" and it ended up being colossal shit. P4G will likely never come out on anything that's relevant.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Every time I listen to the Type-0 soundtrack I get really mad that I'm still not able to play that game in English. I tried it in Japanese, I'm just not good enough to do it dammit! On the other hand, the actual game might not be as good as the soundtrack, but I'm willing to take that risk. Also I'm sad we still don't know anything about how DQX will work in America.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
#2 Aero the Acro-Bat Fan

I'm not playing Final Fantasy XIII Vs. because Square can't seem to finish it, or tell us it's canceled if it really is canceled. It's the only FFXIII Thing I want or care about.

I'm not playing Steambot Chronicles 2 because Bumpy Trot 2 never got released, and apparently never will. R.I.P. Irem. (That junk on PSP doesn't count.)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Not a Beer

Oh, yeah, Steambot Chronicles 2 is pretty high up on my list as well. Knew I was forgetting something.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Nonplussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixsar View Post
Don't buy Pixeljunk Eden, because that was my attempt at "oh hey I'll try these Pixeljunk things" and it ended up being colossal shit. P4G will likely never come out on anything that's relevant.
Colossal shit? That's overstating it, but I understand that from you. I like it, but the time limit is a bit of a pain.

That said: Shooter 1 and 2 are better.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
barf

Alixar you said that Ogre Battle 64 is one of your favorite games in a thread I just looked at and I want to know why because I have only ever looked at the box art with curiosity.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Brew View Post
Alixar you said that Ogre Battle 64 is one of your favorite games in a thread I just looked at and I want to know why because I have only ever looked at the box art with curiosity.
I'll save him some trouble
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Too Much TV Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
That said: Shooter 1 and 2 are better.
I'd say the Shooter games are the best entry point for anyone wanting to explore the PixelJunk franchise. Racers isn't for everyone nor is Eden, and Monsters is brutal tower defense coated in a candy shell. And the little I've played of Sidescroller is...well, I didn't get very far in it! So try Shooter. It's fun!

Concerning games I'm not playing, I'll say several games in my Steam backlog, primarily XCOM, even though I own it and could just fire it up on Steam. I just don't feel comfortable starting up a game when I have so much on my plate, notably a console backlog I haven't touched since getting back into PC gaming. I really, really should play FFXIII-2 already!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 AM
HP 50/150 █████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I want a Vita for Gravity Rush and P4G and a 360 for Space Invaders Extreme and Deadly Premonition, but I can't justify spending $200+ for something with only two games that I immediately want.

The worst part is that I just keep thinking back to my Playstation 3, which I bought with the intention of never playing games on it and ended up being used more than all of my other consoles.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Pixel pusher

On the other hand, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut is coming out for PS3 in April, so you could always wait and play it then?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Dr. of Ys-anomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg View Post
I want a Vita for Gravity Rush and P4G and a 360 for Space Invaders Extreme and Deadly Premonition, but I can't justify spending $200+ for something with only two games that I immediately want.

The worst part is that I just keep thinking back to my Playstation 3, which I bought with the intention of never playing games on it and ended up being used more than all of my other consoles.
P4G is a huge game and great on the go, so really honest to God it makes the Vita worth it on its own
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Renegade Game Councelor

P4G is so good that I played it when I should have been playing games that I can only play at home (PC, etc) and now I've already beat the game normally and I'm at the end of my NG+ file. So I guess I'm griping that I DIDN'T play other games more often over the last month.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Not a Beer

I thought this was going to be the thread where we all continue to gripe about the fact that we're not playing The Last Guardian and Mega Man Legends 3.

I would also like to register disappointment at the fact that I'm not playing Rocket Slime 3 while I'm at it. And Bravely Default, though my fingers are still crossed on that one.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
New Video World is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
I thought this was going to be the thread where we all continue to gripe about the fact that we're not playing The Last Guardian and Mega Man Legends 3.

I would also like to register disappointment at the fact that I'm not playing Rocket Slime 3 while I'm at it. And Bravely Default, though my fingers are still crossed on that one.
Whatever you like, buddy bear! I'm disappointed that Epic Mickey on 3DS is such a colossal piece of shit. So, I'm sad that I'm not playing, or will ever play, another new Illusion game that isn't a cynical, insulting puddle of piss so bad it makes Deus Ex retroactively shit simply by sharing a director.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
punch a fish, make a wish

Quote:
Kirin knows the score

also I won't be able to afford a Wii U in the foreseeable future, so I won't be playing The Wonderful 101
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

Quote:

yes to all these (save MML3, I never played the MML series). Also, I would like to be playing the Baldur's Gate remake on my Mac while I'm laid up from surgery, but noooooo, it's been delayed with no indication as to when it's supposed to release. (It was supposed to come out in December.)
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM
We just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg View Post
I want a Vita for Gravity Rush and P4G
And really it's mainly just Gravity Rush. :C Nothing else looks that great on the system, except Dragon's Crown but that's also coming to PS3 iirc, and since it's such a primarily visual game as a Vanillaware title I'd rather play it there.

On the upside, I think I convinced a friend to lend me her Vita, so I only have to buy GR! Now to figure out English or Japanese...

Also: all these games I keep buying but don't have time to play.

Also: anything/everything that came out on the PS3. I've been "About to buy a PS3, maybe next month" for like two years or more. My backlog has a backlog! DX
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Life depends on change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
They said Shin Megami Tensei IV was coming out in 2013. It's now 2013. WHERE IS IT
Seriously! MY BOGLE IS READY

Also I'd like to playing some EO4 and Soul Hackers too, thx
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
MOE~

I'm in one of those moods where I don't feel like playing anything right now. It just feels like work.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 AM
New Video World is out!

I'm not playing any of my Steam games because Steam decided to randomly forget any of my games were installed, so I'm manually having to double click them and wait for it to go "duh, oh, yeah, that", which takes about a minute or ten, depending on the size of the game.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Little Waves

I've been playing so much Brandish that I get frustrated when I watch footage of 2D top-down games that don't let you swing the camera around at ninety-degree angles. C'mon, man! Who doesn't want to see what that statue looks like from the side?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
poisonous thread snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
I've been playing so much Brandish
Boy! The crazy stuff you read on the internet.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Default MY LOVE OF FANGORAM TRANCENDS ALL LOGiC, REASON ECT ECT.

I'm not playing Gungrave OD right now and I kinda really want to.

: C

Last edited by BEAT; 03-11-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: THERE IS NOTHING NOT AWESOME ABOUT AN 11 FOOT TALL SUPER ZOMBIE IN A GIANT TRENCHCOAT WHO IS QUIET UPSET AT YOU AND EXPERSSES THIS FEELING BY SHOUTING "GRAAAVE" ALL THE TIME.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 PM
ENTp / 8w7

various games on a real gaming desktop instead of my work laptop...
Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Not 100% a dick

I want to be playing Rogue Legacy, but my PC is ancient and all like "Graphics? No! I'm going to run at about half speed now!"

It gets even worse when there's a filter like the sepia in the opening and the blur of the far-/near-sighted traits.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Sudden chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE-Ryan View Post
I want to be playing the last third of Bioshock Infinite, but my PC is dead.
I also want to be playing Rogue Legacy, but same deal.

Tags
a whiner is you , gripes