The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 AM

Season 5 was the worst. It was the last season of the series and every episode ended on an infuriating cliffhanger that was almost sadistic. I think the reason why fans spun so many damn theories about How It Will End and What It All Means is because that was the only way they could psychologically cope with the wait between each episode.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
I. Love. It.

End Times & Face Off

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Ok... lemme... lemme try this again.

...Nope.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 11-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Space dad

Ding!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm kind of over memes.

Going back to those two episodes a second time sheds a whole new terrifying light on all of Walt's scenes once you have the complete picture.

Oh, I think I've mentioned somewhere here that Crawl Space is my favourite episode. Because it totally is.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:08 AM
There he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Going back to those two episodes a second time sheds a whole new terrifying light on all of Walt's scenes once you have the complete picture.

Oh, I think I've mentioned somewhere here that Crawl Space is my favourite episode. Because it totally is.
The last 5 minutes of Crawl Space is probably the most intense scene I've ever seen in anything, ever, full stop. It's an absolute masterpiece, and really strongly echoed in the last shot of the series.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:24 AM
I. Love. It.

Aaaaaaand that's the first half of Season 5 done.

Haven't commented much on these episodes since we're firmly into territory where I've been exposed to much more detailed spoilers. Still, it was great to watch Walter try so desperately to be the next Gus Fringe despite not being the slightest bit prepared for it and fuming whenever hit with another roadblock.

I think the scene that got to me the most, though, was Mike's death. It was so sudden and the result of such a pointless, spiteful act (even Walt seemed taken aback at how unnecessary it was, at the end), it was kinda sad to see him go out like that. Even if he's another character with way too much blood on his hands.

But it's the final shot of the season that caps it off wonderfully, that dawning realization, and I can't wait to dive right into the second half of Season Five---

...oh. Huh. It's not on Netflix yet.

So do I sit tight and wait or watch the rest of the series through other means?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
...or watch the rest of the series through other means?
Depends on your appetite. If you're super hungry... well, the internet is a wonderful place. You'll know where to look.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Gesundheit!

If you're Theft-averse and have the spare change, the episodes are on Amazon for $2 a pop. But like Dizzy said earlier, the cliffhangers are pretty cruel.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm kind of over memes.

I'll never forget the first time I watched the train heist episode. I was all like "Sure I guess one more episode before bed can't hurt LOLOLOLOLOLOL"
Old 02-26-2014, 05:54 AM
I. Love. It.

So hey guess what was finally added to Canadian Netflix? Last half of Season 5, wooooooooooo! I'll be jumping right in as soon as I finish Season 6 of Doctor Who.

Though I admit, I'm pretty gosh darn tempted to leave the Doctor hanging and just start now, but I only have two episodes left so I'll wait.

But still, so tempted....
Old 02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
i musnt run away

The Doctor's a time-traveler, he can wait. Go! Go and see how the saga of Walter White ends!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Dostoevsky is immortal!

Spoilered, just in case: man arrested for cooking meth; happens to be wearing a Pollos Hermanos t-shirt in his mugshot.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I. Love. It.

So I've been watching the second half of Season 5 (though I did finish Doctor Who S6 off) and I just watched To'hajilee last night and I'll be watching Ozymandias tonight so, yeah, I'm there.

I basically knew all the events in the last half of Season 5 going in more than any other part of the series, but it's still been absolutely great watching it all for real.

And despite knowing basically what's going to happen, it's a different thing entirely to finally see it. I think what has surprised me most from the first episode of this half of the season was just how viciously Hank turned on Walt. By the end of the first episode Hank had already decked him. It's understandable considering how obsessed he was with catching Heisenberg and how betrayed he must've felt. However Hank didn't hesitate even a little to turn on Walt once he was sure, which stands on stark contrast to how Walt refused to even entertain the thought of killing Hank because he was family, no matter how close Hank kept coming to finding solid evidence against him. Even at the very end, when Walt was cornered, he refused to allow Jack's men to kill family and opted instead to turn himself in.

Of course Jack showed up anyway, but that's what you get for trusting insane neo-nazis.

There's only three episodes to go, I'm really going to miss this series. There's that Saul Goodman spinoff coming this fall which might be alright (especially since they signed on Mike's actor) but it'll be a different beast entirely than Breaking Bad.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I. Love. It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
and I'll be watching Ozymandias tonight
Holy fuck what an episode
Old 03-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Space dad

Boundless and bare.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:29 AM
I. Love. It.

I watched the finale several days ago and never really thought to post about it. I guess that kinda speaks to its quality, it was just a satisfying ending so I really didn't have the urge to zomg all over the thread again. It was over, and it was a damn good ending.

I'm an optimist so I like to think that Jesse managed to avoid the oncoming cops and find somewhere to start fresh, and also that Skyler managed to use the ticket to reach an agreement with the prosecutors (them finally finding Walt, corpse or no, would probably help too) so that her future isn't ruined. Maybe that's unlikely, but they purposely leave it ambiguous so I'll imagine it however dang way I want.

But yeah, one hell of a series. In a way I'm kinda glad I waited until it was over before I dove in, I might've missed seeing it all in the moment and biting my nails each week/for months waiting for a cliffhanger to resolve, but I got to watch it on my own time on Netflix (save for needing to wait a month or two for the last half of Season 5 to hit) and it was one hell of a ride. It's good that it ended and didn't linger and degrade in quality, but I'm still gonna miss it. Hopefully 'Better Call Saul' will be at least half as entertaining.

And now I'm not sure what to use Netflix for, once I'm done with the last few Doctor Who episodes it has. Maybe Mad Men? I still haven't seen that, and that's on there.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 AM

I'm not sure I can really recommend a show that's like Breaking Bad, because it's pretty unique even for the antihero crime drama format we've been getting since The Sopranos.

But if you haven't seen these shows, I'd suggest trying:
Deadwood (be warned that it will feel a little unfinished)
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Boardwalk Empire

Honestly, there are lots of TV shows I've missed out on since coming to Japan, but I feel like these 5 are an easy recommendation to someone who likes Breaking Bad.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM
i musnt run away

An extended trailer for the spanish remake:

Really more of a complete summary of the first episode than a trailer.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:53 PM
i musnt run away

Also:

Always happy to see more of these.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:59 PM
i musnt run away

Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 AM
120 Days

I just finished this series. Walt and Skylar's final conversation was shot great. I love the divider between them. Todd is scary as fuck. Also: "Well... Good bye Lydia"

Tags
4 3 2 1 earth below me , amc , because i say so , better call saul , blue sky bitorrents , breaking bad , calorie mate reads this , crawlspace , ehrmantraut , face off , fear of new threads , fear of old threads , franch , fuckin magnets , huell , magnets! ohhhhhh! , not on dish , science! , team hank , team jesse , team lewis , team walt , team zombie gus , television , the one who knocks