The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-05-2019, 10:32 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

After really limping across the finish line in Untold 2 and being pretty down on it, I jumped right into this and am loving it. This is everything for me that Untold 2 wasn't. I already love my party, even though they are probably too squishy to live. I'll cross that bridge when I get there, but for now they're a lot of fun.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:33 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
Originally Posted by estragon View Post
I already love my party, even though they are probably too squishy to live.
Hmmm, maybe they're not too squishy, at least not so far. They completely demolished the First Stratum boss to the extent that when it was over I was kind of shocked there wasn't another phase. It felt like it went from a pretty hefty health bar into 3 little weenies that went out in one turn. I thought they'd combine again and have a big heal bar but . . . apparently not. They seem to have definitely corrected the tedious HP bloat boss design of Untold 2.

Although having a Sestus with all non-racial skill points in the 3 bind-punches and the [punch-->(up to three random bind punches)] skill obviously really helped against a big rock. He never landed a bind, but it didn't matter. He was doing 3-4 hits of punch-element damage surprisingly often, which is great against rocks in these games.

Last edited by estragon; 03-09-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:51 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Shocked but happy that after finishing the 2nd stratum a party of Cestus/Reaper in front and Hound (Dog)/Shaman/Warlock in the back was not too squishy after all. Even without a dedicated healer or a real tank beyond the dog occasionally taking hits, having 3 people who can do binds or status ailments pretty much kept the team safe and sound, both in random encounters and boss fights. Again they just demolished the stratum boss on their first go at it.

I expect this will probably just get easier now that master skills make the Shaman closer to being the equivalent of dedicated healer, with passive heals triggering every time anyone gets a buff, gets attacked, or ends a turn with a buff, on top of the Hound's animal therapy passive healing as long as the dog is alive.

I really am digging this party, the dungeons, the design, the events, the atmosphere, and the food system. Everything is great. At the moment it's probably tied with EO3 for my favorite game in the series, unless something goes terribly wrong in the back half.

It feels a little bit on the easy side even on Expert, but after Untold 2's tedious combination of HP bloat and instant death attacks, I'd much rather take slightly easy.

Tags
atlas , atlus , eo from myth to laughter , etrian odyssey , even in the tags f.o.e.