The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old Today, 11:25 AM
Rock, Snake, Dragon

I remember having a weird toy that was like a rotting head. It came with various gross-out paraphernalia, like "worms" and this sticky clay-like goo which I balled a Episode VI Luke Skywalker up in. Why? Who knows!

I don't remember the toy's name, but it probably was not related to these things.
Old Today, 12:11 PM
Video Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayashi no Eiyu View Post
I remember having a weird toy that was like a rotting head. It came with various gross-out paraphernalia, like "worms" and this sticky clay-like goo which I balled a Episode VI Luke Skywalker up in. Why? Who knows!

I don't remember the toy's name, but it probably was not related to these things.
That was Monster Face:

I'm pretty sure this was a Christmas present (I def remember watching the commercial and then asking for it), and yeah, that red clay was all over our Star Wars figures long after the Face itself was gone.
Old Today, 12:29 PM
Ruffian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Anyway, Madballs were really fun! I didn't (and don't) like gross things, but I never found them all that gross? I didn't even realize that they were supposed to be, and I guess I never ran across any of the marketing. They were just cute and novel!
Same here. I usually dislike toys that are designed to be gross, but I never thought of Madballs that way. I liked the hard foam they were made out of (nowadays "gross" toys are usually squishy/sticky), and I thought the designs were creative. I never threw them at anyone, so maybe I was playing with them wrong. :-/

And gee, I'm glad I voted. I'm delighted to see that several of my picks have made the list.

Tags
ages 30 and up , amiibo are so expensive , batteries not included , brothers in arms , choking hazard , collect em all , each sold separately , everyone knows its slinky , everyone wants a log , fusilateralquintocombiner , oh joy best toy , some assembly required , stuffed animals , top 50 countdown , tyrantcola , weapons do not shoot , weapons really fire