The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
delete the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
Also, rumor has it Konami might not just be having Snake show up in the game...
c'mon tran

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Mystery Contraption

Pronouns: He

Master dang Higgins
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
God, THIS guy again...

If there's another Konami rep coming part of me is really pulling for Simon Belmont because I want my Captain N reunion.

However, another part of me would be thrilled to have Goemon instead. This is an even bigger long shot since I'm not even sure Konami remembers he exists, but I just think he'd fit really well in the Smash aesthetic.

His Final Smash would be summoning Impact. It would be perfect.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
IRIS Photojournalist

Pronouns: he / his

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
Mmmm yeah, that Bomb Rush Blush remix is the sort of thing I was hoping to hear from Splatoon remixes.

Speaking of music, there's stuff hidden in other videos I've found. Check out Bowser's character video, I'm pretty sure that remix from SMB3 is new.
It is and I like it!
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Come, noble knights!

Pronouns: He/Him/His
Default It's probably Raiden.

I would be fine with either Simon or Al. Goemon would be awesome, but unlikely. And while Bill Rizer ain't no cyborg werewolf or li'l robot, his inclusion would be one of those few times I'd be happy to have Angry White Guy With Gun in a game. Vic Viper (YES THE SPACESHIP) would be hilarious and awesome.

If we're drawing from the Hudson Soft well though, things get fuzzier. Bomberman would be the obvious choice, but he's already confirmed as an assist trophy and I doubt he'd do double duty as a fighter. Bonk never really left the 16-bit era, and Master Higgins' adventures outside of it were limited mainly to another Monster Land reskin for Japanese phones and a not exactly beloved WiiWare game. Milon is one of those characters from a game nobody gives a fuck about but Japan. And Percy, beloved Talking Time meme that he is, would never make the cut.

Speaking of crossover characters, some Koei-Tecmo representation would be nice. If Simon could get in there, Ryu (the Hayabusa one) really should be there too.

Last edited by MetManMas; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Watch and learn

Pronouns: He/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
The internet was a mistake.

Also, rumor has it Konami might not just be having Snake show up in the game...
For the record, I looked into this and the source is even sketchier than you’d think. (It’s literally a GameFAQs poster who was right about Ridley and the Ice Climbers being in the game, which wasn’t exactly going out on a limb.) Belmondo is probably one of the more likely third-party characters at this point, but I don’t give a lot of credence to this rumor in particular.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM
moray expansion tho

Pronouns: they're more hobbyist nouns tbh

I would really like Sparkster but he would be just a heavier Meta Knight
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Space Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanto View Post
For the record, I looked into this and the source is even sketchier than you’d think. (It’s literally a GameFAQs poster who was right about Ridley and the Ice Climbers being in the game, which wasn’t exactly going out on a limb.) Belmondo is probably one of the more likely third-party characters at this point, but I don’t give a lot of credence to this rumor in particular.
I am not like very "in the know" about rumors, but this person had a long track record of leaking updates to fighting games, including the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming to that DC Comics fighter, which is like a thing? Who would make that up?

Anyway the rumor was at least six newcomers including Simon Belmont and some content related to Minecraft (maybe a stage or assist).
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Boom

Here's the actual post, if anyone is curious. There's more in there than being right about Ridley and Ice Climbers.

I've dug into the user's other leaks and most of it ranges from "accurate" to "still unconfirmed". They seem reasonably credible at this point.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
Come, noble knights!

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Seriously though I still hope Ryu Hayabusa will make the cut. Nintendo and The Pokémon Company have already done collabs with Koei Tecmo before, and Ryu's like the only character of Tecmo's who was born during the NES era and has still managed to stay relevant throughout the decades thanks to the 3D action game reboot and showings in the Dead Or Alive series. Like Simon it'd be nice to have him there.

And like c'mon, the only other super relevant Koei Tecmo choices are fictional interpretations of Asian historical figures and titty monsters, and I doubt Sakurai would be too approving of either.* And as much as I'd like Rygar or some Monster Rancher rep the former just ain't as famous or prevalent and the latter more or less fizzled out around the PS2 era.

* Yes I know Bayonetta and Zero Suit Samus are there but Smash still ain't that type of fighter.

Tags
but bomberman , daisy ridley , engage ridley , nintendo switch , no goku no peace , oh! daisy , ridleys big enough , smash 4-2 , smash 4.8 & 358/2 days , smash 5 , smash bros , switch , wii fit trainer's face