The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about music and podcast

Old 07-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Answers come in dreams

Default Concert thread

This thread is about concerts. Post memories of ones you've been to - or ones you're planning on attending.

I'm going to Lords of Acid/Combichrist/Christian Death/En Esch on Oct. 1st and am excited for it! Hopefully I can find someone to go with.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 AM
Gesundheit!

I'm seeing Spoon in a week and am pretty excited. It's my first concert in more than a year and a half, because 1) nobody comes to Detroit, 2) I'm getting old and cranky about standing in crowded rooms until after midnight.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Your life is forfeit

I bought two tickets to see King Crimson later this year and I have no idea who's going to use the second ticket. Oh well!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:58 AM
whatever it takes

Default SKILL MY HEART

I'll be seeing JAM Project in DC in a few weeks! I think this is their fifth US concert to date, and while I caught the first two in Baltimore, the later ones in Boston and Vegas were a little out of my range. I'm super excited!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Gesundheit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parish View Post
I bought two tickets to see King Crimson later this year and I have no idea who's going to use the second ticket. Oh well!
Whoa, they're playing in Ann Arbor!

... the day before Thanksgiving.

C'mon, Fripp

(I saw them in Chicago a few years ago anyway)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 AM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

I went to Forecastle with my puppy in Louisville two weekends ago!

Highlights: George Bradley and his Extraordinaires (searing old-school soul/funk), Spoon (incredibly tight set with left-field set list), Adia Victoria (Bluesy, punky, so hardcore she kept going through heat exhaustion until she cut the concert short because she had to vomit), Odesza (mesmerizing lightshow and pyrotechnics), Run The Jewels (I've never felt so alive or so heterosexual at a concert), LCD Soundsystem (jawdroppingly good), Phantogram (just really fun), Capital Cities (high energy, poppy AF), and the festival's bourbon tent (air conditioning, ALL the great bourbons at really reasonable prices, plus AIR CONDITIONED BATHROOMS and a private shaded courtyard). Just a great, great fest.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Not a Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeran View Post
I'll be seeing JAM Project in DC in a few weeks! I think this is their fifth US concert to date, and while I caught the first two in Baltimore, the later ones in Boston and Vegas were a little out of my range. I'm super excited!
Oh man, jealous of this one. Pretty rare for bands from outside the country to make it any closer to me than DC (...King Crimson notwithstanding).

Edit: Okay so I looked this up and I would totally consider driving up to DC for the combo of JAM Project + TM Revolution ... if it weren't for the fact that I'd need to buy an Otakon badge plus a concert ticket to get in. -_-
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 AM
whatever it takes

Yeah, that part is utter nonsense. I have no interest in even setting foot inside the convention. I didn't even get a hotel room -- I'm catching a train down there in the early afternoon, and then I'm on a train back at 3am. THE RAAAIIIID
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Merry Christmas, Ma

Carly Rae Jepsen does a hell of a live show, and draws a really diverse crowd. If she's in town, you should go.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Answers come in dreams

I think I'll go to KMFDM on Oct. 27th too.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:25 AM
All are Santa Saturn

Waiting for the rumored Smashing Pumpkins original line-up show. And NIN if he ever adds more dates.

ZZ Top is playing in NOLA in November. I almost want to go just to hear "La Grange" live. But Tori Amos is playing as well two days later, so I may have to make a decision there. (I've already seen Tori once before.)

Oh shit! Just noticed Mastodon is playing in Orlando on 9/26 and I'll be there on business that week. Strong possibility of that happening.

Recent shows? I saw Pixies back in May and they were incredible.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:20 PM
All are Santa Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by four-so View Post
Oh shit! Just noticed Mastodon is playing in Orlando on 9/26 and I'll be there on business that week. Strong possibility of that happening.
Just bought tickets for this. Been a hot minute since I've been to a metal show. Looking forward to it.