The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 10-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Ha, Ayra isn't a free unit, everyone just assumed that because she wasn't on the banner. Turns out she's on a separate banner as the only new unit, along with another sword unit (Eldigan) and a healer. Doesn't seem worth spending orbs on.

Oh well.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

She's probably the most blatant powercreep the game has seen with her boosted base stats and unique skills. The fact that people thought she was going to be free was the only thing that made a lot of people okay with this. There are a lot of players raging about this right now, heh.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:04 AM

And to make things worse, my free summon circle had no red orbs on it too.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

I did have red orbs, but only a few average 4-star units.

The curious thing is that she has 4-star stats in the game data. This could mean a few things:

1. Intelligent Systems intentionally included 4-star stats to mislead people into thinking she would be a free unit.
2. They changed plans at some point.
3. She is still going to be available as a free neutral unit in the Tempest Trial.
4. She is going to be added to the 4-star pool.

Either way... here's hoping that IS doesn't see a dramatic rise in profits after this. Heroes is the only gacha game I've ever liked, and that has a lot to do with how they were handling new units. I've been happy to by a 20 orb pack or two a month simply because I've been having a lot of fun with it and want to support them. That's not happening again unless this trajectory changes.

Gonna go play some FE fan translations instead.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:50 AM
World of Darkness Returns

Having a hell of a week on the freebie pulls:

Old 10-27-2017, 05:03 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Sakura is a dagger user that can murder mages, Jakob is an armored archer, Henry is an armored green mage (!) with Armor March and a badge multiplier, Nowi is a flying red mage with high mobility, a shard/crystal multiplier, and just a solid skillset overall.

Definitely trying for Henry and Nowi, the other two are probably good as well but I'd rather avoid colorless if I can help it.

Dangit, this game really sucked me in over the last month thanks to that CYL giveaway. I figured Fire Emblem Warriors would have pulled me away but nope.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Nowi flies on a broom?!

Also Jacob looks amazing in a suit.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

The question is if I should use my remaining TT orbs to keep trying for Hinoka from the current banner when Nowi also comes with Hone Fliers...

I wonder if Nowi and Sakura are going to have boosted stats to go with their extra base skills. I hope not. Ayra's bad enough, but at least she's not seasonal.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Is it worth investing in the starter characters? Doesn't seem like they're top tier, but I'm wondering if having a guaranteed bonus character for Arena might even out the feather costs in the long run, since one of them seems to always be in rotation. Having a bonus character for the last couple Arenas really helped my feather income.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Mad Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Is it worth investing in the starter characters? Doesn't seem like they're top tier, but I'm wondering if having a guaranteed bonus character for Arena might even out the feather costs in the long run, since one of them seems to always be in rotation. Having a bonus character for the last couple Arenas really helped my feather income.
I haven't bothered with getting any of them to 5* since it seems like I usually have one of the bonus characters just by chance (or because they have whatever character was just available from a grand hero battle like Arvis this week).

Might be worth considering if you don't already have a good 5* with that weapon type -- they're at least decent if not great.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Crazy Old Bird

That's what else I was thinking. I've got a ton of red units - because of course I do - but not as many spears/axes, which makes Arena Assault a pain. Might look into Sharena and Anna, then. Lord knows I've done dumber things with feathers.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:14 PM
World of Darkness Returns

Could always feed them someone better's abilities too? I mean, if you've got extras.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Unreleased Beta Version

Sharena is pretty good and Anna isn't bad either. All three have legendary weapons at 5-star. Alphonse was previously pretty mediocre because of his bad speed and a lame effect on his weapon, but the new Brash Assault Seal gives him a few specialty builds that make him pretty powerful when sub-50% HP.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSL View Post
Could always feed them someone better's abilities too? I mean, if you've got extras.
I'm at that point I reach in every gacha game where my inventory is too full to manage, so yeah, I have a lot of extras. Not a lot of great stuff, but enough to kit them out with something.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
I got them up to 40 and 4 star mainly for the "use so and so to kill this dude" quests that get you an orb.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Unreleased Beta Version

This is the first Arena season I've participated in a while where I didn't happen to have a 5-star bonus unit, so I've been using a 4-star +5 Selena instead. I managed to qualify for tier 18 with an atypical Selena, Raven, Delthea, and Olivia team.

I've got a Merric that I kind of want to promote to 5 star to use on a Shadow Dragon theme team, but... it kind of weirds me out that they gave Marth and Merric the same voice actor. I wonder if they'll have to recast Merric if they ever show up in a another game together.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Crazy Old Bird

New update coming:

- Every 5* healer is getting a buff, like an upgraded attack or healing move.

- Everyone gets 100 free extra slots in their barracks.

- Weapon refining, using ~new in-game currency~ to unlock stat bonuses for weapons, as well as new skills for some weapons. This will also give some old characters access to newer exclusive weapons, like refining Naga into Divine Naga.

- ~Legendary Hero Summoning Event~ with an 11 character banner and 8% chance to pull from the focus. Also 0% chance to pull from the regular 5* pool, which the video tried to play up as a good thing.

- Book II of Story Mode with a new 5* character as a reward. Looks like she's a spear character, so that's good.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Unreleased Beta Version

All 4 of the new banner units have boosted base stats. The weapon refinery should be enough for older characters to maintain parity... but only if post-Ayra units don't use it.

Still, I'm looking forward to making builds with this new stuff.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Mad Overlord

Yeah, looks like an interesting set of changes. Should hopefully make a wider range of units viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
All 4 of the new banner units have boosted base stats. .
Where are you getting this info? I generally check the wiki for stat info, but it hasn't been updated yet.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
- ~Legendary Hero Summoning Event~ with an 11 character banner and 8% chance to pull from the focus. Also 0% chance to pull from the regular 5* pool, which the video tried to play up as a good thing.
If it means not getting my pity percentage streak broken by summoning the wrong 5* (like when I got Titania on the Performing Arts banner) then yes, that is a good thing.

(Granted, Spring Xander is going to be the dud from that banner).
Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraeg View Post
Where are you getting this info? I generally check the wiki for stat info, but it hasn't been updated yet.
The gamepress site had their stats data mined before the FE Channel update. They have the same type of extra stats as Ayra, but their individual pages aren't up yet.

I had 20 orbs saved up, so I blew them as soon as the banner dropped. Nothing by of value. I had 8 left after drawing all of the useful colors from my freebie session, so I did the new story missions and quests. That resulted in exactly 20 orbs again, so I pulled again and got both Mia and Lute. Nice. Not sure what their IVs are, yet, though.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:32 AM

Mia is pretty good if you don't already have one of the approximately 100 other good Red units. Also her voice is terrible.

Mia was one of the units I voted for since I had fond memories of her as my Dodging Crit Monster back in PoR. She caused me a couple of resets since she was too good at killing sometimes and would crit and give the enemy a second, third, fifth shot at her and would wear her down. Still loved how crazy good she was.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:44 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

For some reason they brought Lani Minella back from Radiant Dawn, making Mia the only Tellius character to retain her voice actor.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:15 AM
Unreleased Beta Version

The list of Legendary weapons that can be refined makes me curious. I would have thought weapons like Parthia and the Binding Blade to be the first target for something like this, because their effects are painfully mediocre. It looks like only 5-star exclusive characters get upgradable legendary weapons, though? But, then, weapons like Brynhildr and Cymbeline were left out as well, both of which are generally outclassed by inheritable tomes.

Either way, Hautclere is on the list, and my Minerva is already great. Exciting.

I also wonder if Absorb+ is going to be enough to make my 49 attack Wrathful Staff Lachesis move from "passable" to "good".

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars