The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 04-06-2017, 09:54 AM

The daily orb from arena quests is just "kill 20 enemies that are level 10+" and doesn't require you to do arena fights at all.

I got my 5* Nino to level 40, and she has something absurd like 900+ SP since she was an upgrade from level 40 4* (and was there for a looooooooong time) with nothing to buy from her regular skills except the 5* weapon. Should be perfect for learning some inherited skills, when I find the right B and purple skills for her.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Awoken Amaterasu Ohkami

So I just found out you can inherit the easter weapons and it shows on the sprite. And I just got a second Xander. So once I get a lancer I like thats going on them even if they suck.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by figcube View Post
So I just found out you can inherit the easter weapons and it shows on the sprite. And I just got a second Xander. So once I get a lancer I like thats going on them even if they suck.
Aw, now I'm even more bummed that I haven't gotten any of the Easter ones yet. Phooey.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
oh my car

Today's update:
  • Increases the stamina cap to 99
  • Lets you reposition your units before battle
  • Updates character merging so that the receiving unit also gets skills that the donating unit learned (even skills inherited from other characters, and even if the receiving unit is of a higher rarity)
  • Adds something called Hero Merit that's a new way to get feathers that encourages using different characters
  • Makes lower-rarity characters level up faster from fighting weaker enemies
  • Changes the arena matchmaking and scoring algorithms
  • Adds a mysterious "S" skill slot for something called Sacred Seals
Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Objection!

They also just started a new set of quests that gives a couple of seals, plus some 3* heroes that are needed for it's quest chain.

The next banner looks to be for Echoes, which seems a little early.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:43 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

It's only a month out. Probably one for Alm and another for Celica in two or three weeks.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Awoken Amaterasu Ohkami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
They also just started a new set of quests that gives a couple of seals, plus some 3* heroes that are needed for it's quest chain.

The next banner looks to be for Echoes, which seems a little early.
The game launches in Japan next week so not really.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:29 AM
Objection!

Well, it's new banner time!

Alm: Red Sword Infantry
  • Falchion
  • Draconic Aura
  • Attack+3
  • Windsweep: If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword/lance/axe/bow/dagger, if unit's speed is 1 or more greater then foe's, foe cannot counterattack

Faye: Colourless Bow Infantry
  • Firesweep Bow: Effective against flyers. Unit and enemies cannot counterattack.
  • Noontime: Heal 30% of damage dealt.
  • Wings of Mercy
  • Bow Exp: If unit survives, all bow users on team get x2 XP.

Clair: Blue Lance Flyer
  • Silver Lance
  • Harsh Command
  • Hit and Run: If unit initiates attack, unit moves one space after battle.
  • Spur Spd

Lukas: Blue Lance Infantry
  • Killer Lance
  • Sacred Cowl
  • Fortress Def: Self Def+/Atk-
  • Obstruct

My own initial set of draws gave me Lukas, and also a 4* Rebecca (finally). Didn't use all of my orbs, though, since I'm not feeling these units that much. Alm could be useful, though. Windsweep seems like a good tool to shut people down. But I at least have one for the next arena shuffle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 AM
Objection!

I finished up the Paralogues, and was once again reminded of what I really like about them. They're really good at highlighting the gimmicks of the new units, like how Alm and Faye really do completely shut down all counterattacks, even Distant Counter.

Meanwhile, I pulled a Clair from my next batch of orbs, and will probably just leave it at that. Alm would actually be good, but 2 from the banner is enough for arena.

On that note, a new set of Mastery quests went up to challenge your flyer contingent, giving rewards for clearing various stages with a team of just flyers. I have a heck of a group available to me now! 3 5* Blue and 1 5* Green, and a handful of various 4*s if I really need to.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:58 AM
..and his little cat, too

Welp, they started giving orbs out as daily bonuses again, and some nice ones, too. I'm at over 100 now, and need to just start spending and hopefully get someone I want.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Objection!

FRobin and Navarre's Grand Hero Battles have returned for an encore, and have brought with them some new quests to get more orbs and copies of the characters. Another batch of Helping Hand quests to get shards for beating foes with all the character categories has also started up.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 AM
Objection!

Seems that the video for the new banner is out early, and it's time for we like ike. And it seems they're going to be expanding the main story this time, instead of adding this as a paralogue.

I'll update this tomorrow if it turns out that I misread any of the characters.

Ike: Red Sword Infantry
  • Ragnell: Inherent Distant Counter
  • Aether
  • Heavy Blade (A): If Atk is greater then opponent's, then gain an additional special charge during an attack.
  • Swordbreaker (B)

Mist: Colourless Staff Infantry
  • Slow: Inflicts -6 Spd on foe.
  • Recover: 15 HP heal, +1 special trigger.
  • Imbue
  • Spur Def/Res 2 (C): Grand adjacent allies +3 Def/Res during combat.

Soren: Green Tome Infantry
  • Rexcalibur
  • Growing Wind
  • Waterswept (B): If unit initiates, unit cannot follow-up. Against opponent with tome, staff, or dragonstone, if unit's speed is greater then foe cannot counterattack.
  • Fortify Res

Titania: Green Axe Cavalry
  • Emerald Axe
  • Reciprocal Aid
  • Armored Blow (A)
  • Guard (B): If unit's HP is over 80% at start of combat, then reduce the opponent's special count by 1.

Last edited by Umbaglo; 04-26-2017 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:36 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

They also recast Ike, which is a major sad-face moment for me. He's had the same VA since PoR in 2005.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 PM
oh my car

If you want to cheese one or two of these grand hero battle quests, remember you can find Robin in 4-4 and Navarre in 5-1 of the story missions, and winning that way counts. Unfortunately, that won't count for the high-level quests, but if you run into them in the arena, it will.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:35 AM
oh my car

If I pull another God damned hinata I'm quitting. I swear I will
Old 04-26-2017, 03:55 AM
Objection!

Ike is infantry, as expected.

Also the reinforcements fight is interesting.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:21 AM

I put 65 orbs into this and I got 5* Karel and Ogma, but no Ike, Soren, Titania, or Mist.

I definitely don't need more swords, but Ike is an exception, since PoR is still the best FE game.

Still got a lot of orbs I can get, so I can do another summon on this. But not being able to see what your summoning spread is should have been fixed already.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
If you want to cheese one or two of these grand hero battle quests, remember you can find Robin in 4-4 and Navarre in 5-1 of the story missions, and winning that way counts. Unfortunately, that won't count for the high-level quests, but if you run into them in the arena, it will.
This is a useful tip, thanks!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 AM
Obtuse Ham

Debating whether or not to pull on the current banner. There are so many good characters, but the next one has Linde in it. I wish they spaced these out more. ;_;

Quote:
At least with skill inheritance, he's fairly useful because he gets Fury 3 at 4*!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

I was hoping for Titania, but got 5-star Minerva, which I'm cool with. Now I can have a full Whitewings team, and I even have a spare Caeda to feed Fortify Fliers to one of them.

She's -Attack, because fucking 80% of the characters I draw are, but at least it's not the end of the world for her.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Obtuse Ham

Minerva has crazy attack anyways, so she can probably live with a few less attack. Worst case scenario is she misses out on a few KO's.

If you're making a flier team, Goad Fliers is a pretty good skill to have on as many people as possible as well (although you'd need spare Pallas for that).
Old 05-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Objection!

So, the new Grand Hero Battle is regular Xander, and he comes with a Distant Counter weapon (as should be expected). He's also pretty tanky for a cavalry character.

But hey, free Distant Counter character.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:59 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Not a single Path of Radiance character from the Path of Radiance banner. I've even been skipping the pulls that could not possibly lead to someone I want. But hey, at least I've got like eight Hinatas!

As promised, I quit.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:02 AM

I wound up quitting, too. But it was mostly because arena is fucked forever. After the hundredth time fighting a whale team where every character's natural counter is removed via skill inheritance, when I know I could never do that with my own roster, I just said fuck it. The only other thing I was doing was leveling up characters because I had them.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:54 PM
contains words & diagrams

I keep poking at this here and there, it lets me get a gacha rush every so often for free.

Like the one I just got! I did a 9 orb yolo pull on the hero fest banner because why not. Pulled Azura... and had a feeling about this one green rune out of three... and pulled Hector, to go with the Takumi I pulled earlier this week. Well then!
Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 AM
Objection!

So, 1.3.0 just launched. The main change is that arena ranking now works in a Hearthstone-like model, and you will be matchmade against people in your bracket. This change should alleviate Bunk's complaint earlier, since it'll now actually be trying to match based on team effectiveness, instead of pure points.

Your rewards for a season will also be based on your tier instead of your points, and now also includes orbs! Bonus heroes now also give a bonus to defense scores, and the defense score rewards have been increased. And lastly, some new maps have been added to the arena which include defensive terrain. These new rules open up with the arena tomorrow.

In addition to those, the voting gauntlet has gotten a new change, in preparation of the Guy vs Gal Mages gauntlet coming up soon (12th). The army that's at a disadvantage will gain an inherent x3 bonus to points, on top of whatever flags a player spends.

And speaking of the voting gauntlet, the summoning foci for them have already gone up. Also to help with that, there's a +50% XP bonus event going on from now until the 15th.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Objection!

Ok, since the arena just opened back up and I can check it, what has happened is that the offense and defense point awards are still there, so you can still get up to 2500 from offense, and now up to 900 from defense. What has changed is that there is now ADDITIONAL rewards from your rank.

For me, since I made it to tier 15, if I score within the top 10% of my tier (1~1968), I'll go up 2 tiers to 17 and get 3 orbs and 1700 feathers. If I score in the top 50% (1969~9842), I'll go up one tier and get 3 orbs and 1600 feathers. If I score in the bottom 30% (13779~19684), I go down one rank and get 3 orbs and 1400 feathers. If I'm in that "middle" spot (9843~13778), I stay where I am and get 3 orbs and 1500 feathers. The rank numbers are for illustration only, because I'm now being ranked against every other person in my tier, instead of every other person period. Most of you will have different numbers in your tier, but the percentage brackets will be about the same.

The rewards also scale based on your resulting rank, with it still being basically 100 feathers per tier (so rank 1 is 100 feathers, and so on), with orbs being a reward from tier 4 an onwards, changing to 2 orbs at tier 8, 3 orbs at tier 12, and 4 orbs at tier 18.

Meanwhile, there is a new set of Present Maps to celebrate the launch of defensive battles. There are 5 maps with 2 difficulties for a total of 10 orbs, and also a set of quests that give another 2 orbs and a whole bunch of shards.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:50 PM
oh my car

I wanted a Path of Radiance character, and the Path of Radiance banner hasn't ended yet. There won't be enough free orbs before it expires for me to try again; this is my last attempt. I scraped up enough free orbs for a total of seven characters.

Two of them were Hinata.

It makes me sad when gacha games have fun gameplay in them. They could be good if they weren't so full of hate. Oh well, bye forever for real.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:37 AM

Yeah, I just reinstalled it after this patch and got super bored after a single training tower stage. That made me realize I'm better off not playing this game. I'll go buy Fates or something, since I haven't touched that. Or if I get this job in Japan, it won't be too hard to pick up a copy of Genealogy of the Holy War.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 AM
Objection!

Hey, the preview of the new banner is up! We're going back to Echoes to celebrate the NA release, now.

Celica: Red Tome Infantry
  • Ragnarok: If at 100% HP, gain +5 Atk/Spd. If attacking, 5 damage after combat.
  • Blazing Light
  • Distant Def: If attacked by a foe using bow, dagger, tome, or staff, gain +6 Def/Res during combat.
  • Spur Def

Boey: Green Tome Infantry
  • Gronnowl: During combat, Atk/Spd/Def/Res is increased by number of adjacent allies x 2.
  • Ignis
  • Earth Boost: If unit has 3 more HP then foe, gain +6 Def during combat.
  • Renewal

Mae: Blue Tome Infantry
  • Blarowl: During combat, Atk/Spd/Def/Res is increased by number of adjacent allies x 2.
  • Draw Back
  • Desperation
  • B Tome Exp

Genny: Colourless Staff Infantry
  • Gravity
  • Physic
  • Heavenly Light
  • Wrathful Staff: Damage from a staff is calculated like other weapons.

I'm not entirely sure what Wrathful Staff is supposed to do, but hey. If you need casters this is totally the banner for you.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars