The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzarino Sbarro View Post
Feels weird that I've only had a dream like that, like, once.
To balance the scales a bit, I've never had the "teeth falling out" dream.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Senhor Member

Donít think Iíve ever had that one either.

Did have a new hypnagogic hallucination last night. Normally, I see things. Last time, a terrifying man in front of my face a few months ago, more often, spiders. This time it was auditory. Just a short... beeping sequence. Well, booping? It was weird. Not that scary and I wasnít confused. Iíd been thinking about these hallucinations lately (thanks, Mike Flanaganís filmography) and it seemed like I was about due for one.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Senhor Member

Forgot most of what I dreamed last night, but I remember this. I was out in the city with my family and this swinging amusement park ride came unhinged in the distance and flew away, presumably crashing and killing all the riders. Horrifying, but I was like: wow, we gotta leave now or the traffic's gonna get real bad. So we head back to our car but for some reason we have pass through this small tunnel and my dad can't do it because he can't crouch. (his hips!) Depressing.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

I woke up this morning from a natural disaster dream, trying to avoid what was essentially a boiling flood caused by pyroclastic flow from a volcano hitting a nearby lake. Fun.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

I forgot to post about this in the morning, so the details are already fading, but I had some kind of nightmare where I was in a chair with a bunch of friends and acquaintances crowded around me, but then they all suddenly leaned in close to stare at me wearing identical masks of a specific person smiling and kept removing the masks to reveals more copies of the same mask and then all of their actual faces were the mask.

Then I woke up and realized I was late for work.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:23 AM
Senhor Member

Three days; three dreams.
-
Iím at the movies. I see two; there are delays at both. Iím like, thanks moviepass. I donít think this matters but there is one other guy with me watching the second movie, a few rows ahead. I walk out of one because of the delay. Long trailers? Hmm. Thereís a group of people and Iím like, are you Jack Kemp, Who owns this theater? Because fuck that guy! I go to sleep on my right side on a baby, who tells me to stop being a baby. Everyone laughs at me. Humiliating!
-
Iím in a city with a frankly cool railroad track running all through the city. Thereís a bed under one of the tracks. So dumb, but I want to live here now that Iím awake. Iím not sure how I got here, but Iím in a dark room with an actress wearing just a bra and is covered with mold. Just large patches all over her skin. The other person takes some mold off; calls it a leaf.
-
Iím just walking past some cool houses and want to get a picture but Iím sliding down a hill and the pictureís bad. Iím in a college dorm and near some obstinate people who are mad countless people are protesting their conservative pop sci articles. Think like Quill*tte.
-
Notes for the first dream only: my brain pulled out Jack Kemp because of that other Kemp in Georgia. Here is a shocking second twist: the plot line about someone like him owning a theater is also Pulled From Real Life. My local Republican state legislator owns the nearest theater. I donít go there anymore. Thanks, moviepass.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Senhor Member

Once again I am Piper Chapman in prison. Wild that this is my most frequent recurring dream. ANYWAY I am in a fancy private prison and I am being sent to solitary (and it is very nice lmao. Itís just a nice apartment room) so there is a computer and I start playing some shitty MMORPG and I buy something. This is stressful... how did I get the money... am I spending the prisonís money... will I now get five years added to my sentence.... My mind resolves this in two ways. One, I decide I am rich, which is why I am a private prison. I was just using my money. Itís fine. OR this was fake MMORPG money someone already bought... fine to spend. Communal prison MMORPG account.

I wake up, so I can remember this dream. Back to bed. Have another. Now I am or am just observing Rebecca Bunch from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. There is a Plot Twist and her opponent is her secret older twin and suddenly both are old and decrepit and Rebecca is like, I donít care how much of grandma you inject into yourself... youíll never become her.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 AM
Phantastic Oil

I went to bed unusually early for me last night (which is to say just after midnight) because I was exhausted from shoveling, and then I dreamed what felt like all night about having slept through the entire following day because I was too far behind on my sleep and the consequences of having lost a day. So essentially I woke up feeling as if I'd been anxious the entire time that I'd slept. :-/
Old 11-17-2018, 07:52 AM
Senhor Member

Most dreams are bad and can affect your mood even if you donít remember them. You know you didnít lose a day, so hopefully you can take some comfort from that.

The only bit I remember from last night is, for some reason, I was looking at co-workersí drivers licenses. An IRL mother-daughter pair were... unrelated in my dream, I guess, because they were only six years apart in the dream for some reason.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Prancing in the rain

Location: Maryland, right next to that capital of the U.S. thing.

I had two separate dreams about radio stations last night. the first one involved my extended family going to play a certain playlist for another family member, and the station host had a tiny hand sized deer as a pet. Is turned into a dream about playing with said deer.

The second was about a zombie apocalypse where we went into a bunker that turned out to be a radio station, and when most of my survivor group turned out to be people of color and musicians, the host raised a stink about having to share his quiet place with a bunch of people of color, everyone swiftly responded with 1.it's a literal zombie apocalypse and we're pretty sure you're going to appreciate people keeping this place running. And 2. Fuck you. Then I woke up.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:07 AM
Phantastic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkward Grunt View Post
a tiny hand sized deer
! I want one!
Old 11-17-2018, 08:36 AM
Toothsome!

Pronouns: She/Her

I dreamed I was making a side-scroller starring a leviathan-sized anglerfish mermaid.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:29 AM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

I was watching a sitcom that wanted to be a mix of human and muppet characters going to college, but instead of muppets it was articulated fursuits. Their mouths flapped when they talked.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

I don't remember why, but for some reason Colin Firth figured in my dreams this morning. Like evidently someone on my trivia team knew him personally, but it was no biggie. This is particularly random because I've hardly even seen any of his movies. The song from The Doubleclicks might have something to do with it, but I didn't think of that connection until after I woke up.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

I was watching a perfectly normal police procedural where all the detectives took a day off to go see the special Egyptology exhibit at the local museum together. As they were waiting in line, however, they were buzzed by a low-flying, fire-breathing quetzalcoatlus. They decided to investigate the case even though it was out of their jurisdiction. Said investigation consisted mainly of trying to break into the museum after hours, horribly botching the break-in, and almost getting eaten by the museum's vicious guard dogs.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:30 AM
till the sheriff stops by

MAKE THIS SHOW, DICK WOLF!
Old 12-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Phantastic Oil

I only barely remember it now, but I had some kind of half-nightmare this morning where I was being assimilated by machines or something? I recall desperately pulling tubes out of myself (it felt like I was yanking them out of my veins even though I think they were too large for that?) that looked like transparent cabling but they kept self-replicating and refusing to be entirely removed.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Senhor Member

Bit of one dream: I recognize a co-worker cosplaying as Raven from the Teen Titans.

Last night, good old-fashioned spooky death dream: Iím in a hotel and someone (the hotelier?) has left out propaganda from FAIR (the anti-immigration group) or has left its website on the computer or something. Iím going to... do something about this (what is unclear, but Iím mad) then Iím outside and a cop pulls up (this escalates hilariously rapidly) and Iím worried sheís gonna bust me for loitering. (??) She pulls out her gun and ignores me. A huge plane crashes a block away. I see it, what the fuck. Apparently, thatís why the cop is here? Anyway, gotta run from the explosion but itís gaining on me then there is a sudden hurricane and huge dark winds destroy buildings in front of me and Iím going to die but Iíve never died before so my dream canít simulate the experience and instead I wake up.

I think my brain gave me this dream so I could wake up in time to manage some idle game bullshit in Super Smash Brothers. Destroy all video games.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:04 PM
till the sheriff stops by

Speaking of superhero dreams, last night I was Daredevil fighting criminals in a residential area on San Francisco, groaning lawnchairs to incapacitate baddies on a fairly steep slope.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Senhor Member

Nasty nightmare last night!

First thing is mundane and kind of hilarious: I was going to see a movie late at night - either If Beale Street Could Talk or Ben is Back - and moviepass decides for me because I just missed the last Ben is Back showing. (note: I plan to see both even though it feels kind of a chore... I recently couldnít buy a ticket for a showing because apparently moviepass cuts that off as soon as the movie starts and I cut it close to save on parking, but the clerk let me buy a ticket to a later screening...) Weirly enough, in dream universe, there was going to be a screening of Ben Is Back at 3:10 AM the next day. Fascinating.

Movie starts and with it the goddamn apocalypse. Basically, these weird mascot (?) looking people are murdering everybody and I know Iím going to die because Iíve seen the trailer for all this, maybe. I escape with coworkers (my coworkers are here?) down a fire escape (doesnít really exist at this ground level theater) but lots of people stay at the theater to watch the movie after some are murdered. Also, lmao, Iíve updated my 2019 watched movies list but I have to append a note saying I didnít finish IBSCT because of... this. Hope I get a voucher.

Anyway, our group splits up in daylight. One person, the main character, goes down one street but seems to be behind the murder mascots, so me and others go down another, but thatís where the murder mascots really are and itís so unfair. Iím gonna die!

Blessed dream shift. Iím just in a car with some actors and one woman in old age make up and weíre driving up a hill and itís like a grass road and theyíre talking about Connecticut. I have no idea whatís up with Connecticut but thanks for the chill end-dream, mind.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Symphony of the Nightbug

Pronouns: he/him/his

Dreamt I was in high school with the cast of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, and my best bud Incineroar was about to be real disappointed to learn that while I liked him, I didn't like like him. But I woke up before that could happen because it was too hot in my room. High temperatures usually make me dream of being angry, but this time apparently just fire-type pokemon.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Pronouns: he, him, his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfroog View Post
Dreamt I was in high school with the cast of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, and my best bud Incineroar was about to be real disappointed to learn that while I liked him, I didn't like like him.
Incineroar is top tier everywhere except for in Kfroog's heart.

Tags
dreams , physiology , psychology , sleep