The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM
The metal babble flees!

Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodal View Post
HORSES ARE JUST CARS BUT SLOWER
Exactly! They do not have the limitations of other fleshly beasts. They can go from a stand to a full gallop without any warmup, and from there you can run them full-tilt for eight hours or more without them needing rest, food, or water. Dig the spurs in, whip the reins a lil' bit, maybe say "gee-up" if you're being particularly dramatic, and Bob's your uncle.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Brain Genius

Pronouns: he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaer View Post
Overall? Actually pretty well. Especially the mounts. At worst they’re stylized, but they maintain the important “fingerprint” of the animal’s locomotion.

Some of the mobs are bad (any of the wolf like mobs such as the Ixal Beast Tribe mount). But nothing as terrible as the two mentioned above.
Neat! I still think the horses look weird as hell galloping in midair but it's nice to know they're galloping accurately. I am not making fun of you with this statement btw, it's hard to make it not read as sarcastic.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Absolutely The Worst

They’re cantering, actually. A gallop is an entirely different gait.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Brain Genius

???
Old 01-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Absolutely The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazin View Post
???
I didn’t know you worked on both those games, Kazin!
Old 01-04-2019, 05:18 PM
play digimon cyber sleuth

The running animation for the griffin mounts in ffxiv is just so satisfyingly meaty
Old 01-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Toothsome!

Pronouns: She/Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
If you know enough about any subject you're going to notice issues with how it is presented in movies and television. I mean, look at anyone in a movie or show playing a video game. But there's only so much time and money so they have to use shorthand for a lot of stuff.
Oh, like how no one in movies or TV tilts up someone's chin when they're performing CPR on them?
Old 01-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Dinger!

Or how defibrillators are never used the right way.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:53 PM
actually an eevee

Pronouns: she/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaer View Post
Or anything that has felidae of any size...
love that movie
Old 01-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Toothsome!

Old 01-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Mistress Greywolfe

Pronouns: He, Him

Honestly I get worked up over psychology stuff in popular media. Like people conflating schizophrenia with having multiple personalities, or a psychiatrist labeling a person as "insane" outside of a legal context.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Family Man

I can’t stand it when characters hallucinate things for plot reasons, like a dead person to argue with them, despite not having any mental health conditions or afflictions that could cause seeing things that aren’t there. Seeing or hearing things that are not there is pretty damn serious, Various Forms Of Media!
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bigman View Post
I can’t stand it when characters hallucinate things for plot reasons, like a dead person to argue with them, despite not having any mental health conditions or afflictions that could cause seeing things that aren’t there. Seeing or hearing things that are not there is pretty damn serious, Various Forms Of Media!
I feel like this depends on how literal the visualization is meant to be. If the real character is definitely reacting as if they really, truly believe that they're seeing and hearing the not-real character in the flesh, then yeah, that's a serious psychological condition. But like, I'll sometimes imagine talking to people who aren't there quite vividly, and I could see a movie of my life showing that interaction on-screen to facilitate a part of my story.
(I talk to my ex as if she's beside me at some point almost every damn day still, and I'm not gonna comment on how *healthy* that is but I'm pretty sure I'm not having a psychotic break or anything.)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Mistress Greywolfe

Pronouns: He, Him

Also sometimes a character speaking to a person who isn't really there is meant to be a way of metaphorically demonstrating a character's inner conflict, rather than to imply that the character is literally hallucinating.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Chief Servbot

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
50% of comments on any given vegan recipe in the world: i was TERRIFIED this would be DISGUSTING and HEALTHFUL due to the fact that it did not contain any bacon. my husband was like WOMAN, WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING ME? when he saw me put something in the oven that didnt contain a whole hog but luckily it turned out edible! LOL i added 6 eggs and some milk and subbed the margarine for rendered lard so my husband wouldnt divorce me. the kids liked it too even though it wasn’t exactly like pop tarts 5/5

other 50% of comments on any given vegan recipe:
i substituted 9 types of gluten-free flax meal for the flour. instead of the margarine i used opium and instead of the sugar i used something i found in a meteorite. added some essential oils too. really aligned my chakras 5/5
Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 AM
Toothsome!

Quote:
Staring contemptuously down my nose at customers asking for my number before they shamefacedly put money in the tip jar did a great job of preparing me for findom and at least this way I get to hit them if they touch me so for that I’m grateful.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Regarding Overwatch’s Soldier 76 being gay:
Quote:
The meme is dead, Mercy x Soldier is dead, my wife is dead and got personally killed by Soldier's gay and I can't take this.
I assume it’s a gag but either way it made me smile.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Naughty List

Pronouns: he / him

Good God, their wife actually died! Show some respect.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:08 PM
In anyone asks, I'm jolly

Default Amazon's Alexa

Quote:
i hate how they market alexa as a ‘member of the family’ like that’s SO fucking blatantly insidious and terrifying also if i wanted an untrustworthy/cold/emotionless machine in my life i’d just talk to my fuckin father
Old 01-13-2019, 04:17 PM
actually an eevee

Pronouns: she/her

Quote:
I have found the potato hack diet, not being a lucrative diet for some corporation, franchise, or guru/marketing brand. It is helping me stay in fat reducing mode and gluten-free easily for 4 days out of the week. When I get tired of potatoes, I eat rice. Resistant starch is the key. If I want to add other flavors, adding some veggies without sauce adds dimension.A lot of water weight is lost during potato hacking then some is regained after eating different foods for 3 days. Really makes you want to keep eating just potatoes, but it's just too boring. When I'm not potato hacking, I'm eating GF, WFPB. It's slow weight-loss as fast as I care to face. As much as I would love to see rapid weight-loss, I actually don't believe it is healthy to quickly lose a lot of weight. Less likely to stay off. A half pound each week feels a comfortable pace yet still aggressive.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposition Owl View Post
Later that night, a vampire is skulking through the streets of Barcelona when it suddenly falls over. It howls in agony as it clutches its foot, which is hissing and smoking with holy fire. The hedgehog scuttles away, with spines shining in the dark and eyes full of determination. The undead of Catalonia had best beware: this is hedgehog country.
Old Today, 09:32 AM
Cryophile

Pronouns: he/him/his

Aww, thanks!

Tags
#sexpillows , bad wolf , black hole of humanity , cringe gallery , granos , humor , i am the fork , mine , ominous orchestral swell , perhaps missing the point , post 717782 , priming the pump , prissy little killjoys , professor anime , psychological issues , real life harry potter , sailor moon politics , the best of tt , the worst , this is the best post , tumblr is easy mode , twilight sparkle , twitter is easy mode , very important bothans , weep for humanity