The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about sports

Old 08-10-2018, 01:17 PM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

Pronouns: he/him/his

way to pound it out, Ry!

It was arms day today
Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

A decent 45 pound kbell workout today. 1 side plank of 3:21 on my right side. 1 side plank of 3:21 on my left side. Man, those side planks start to hurt. But my shoulder muscles are still attached to my skeleton, so that's a good sign! Oh and did a couple standard planks too.

Strangely, I find myself into synth music lately. Like, this is my new infatuation for a while. I used Cannibal Corpse's "Red Before Black" as my workout album for a while, but I got this thing the other day, and well....I might stick with it for now.

Deadlife - Bionic Chrysalis *spoilers* it's really good. and definitely suitable for workout music, in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 AM
HAMKING

Back on the horse again this week, albeit while battling a dreaded SUMMER COLD.

Car pushes went well earlier this week and I had an OK yoke bar squat session last night. Quads, glutes, and hams all have the Good Soreness and are poppin' out. Rugby practice tonight.

@Ry: I still pretty much exclusively use metal and hardcore for the first half of my strength sessions as that is when the heavy stuff happens, but for the back half (volume and assistance) and for conditioning sessions (rowing, kettlebell, etc) I, too, frequently commit the SIN OF SYNTH! I checked out the new Deadlife last night and it is cool. Will listen to "Bionic Chrysalis" today.

If you haven't already, check out GoST. Their first album is full of bangers, the second one has a little more melody, and the newest one has some black metal crossover!

@uudd: FEEDING TIME AT THE PYTHON EXHIBIT
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

I'll check out those Gost albums. I heard the latest once, was pretty cool, but I'll be sure to check out the others! Hope you enjoy "Bionic Chrysalis," I think Deadlife is one of the better synth artists I've heard so far.

@UUDD: Lookin' good, dude! What a handsome buffet of manliness!
Old 08-20-2018, 12:45 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Get it, AV. Extended breaks suck, but it's a privilege to be able to move stuff around again. You're gonna rock!
Old 08-25-2018, 05:19 PM
HAMKING

Hit 425# x 3 on the yoke bar this week, which I am pumped about. Most of the rest if the week was conditioning, rugby practice, and basketball practice for a charity game. Note: I am a terrible shot and outside of rebounding and fouling ppl am useless at bball. However, I find that playing it is pretty easy, cardio-wise now that my body is used to rugby.

Anypoo, hereís some quad beef right after that yoke squat session and then quadbeef all banged up because RUGBY WILL BREAK EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR

Francis Scarfe

Francis Scarfe
Old 08-25-2018, 05:21 PM
HAMKING

Imgbb included those links to info about Francis Scarfe. Imma leav Ďem
Old 08-25-2018, 08:58 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Owwwww. Pretty gnarly.

I'm getting up to around 3:30 for each side plank, hoping to keep that consistent. My goal is to get up to 4:00. Thing is, while I used to do a normal plank for like ten minutes, there's only so much time in the day. Also there's too much fidgeting during normal planks. So if I end up doing less time but with better form, I'll be happy.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:09 PM

here, have some arms shots

this is my last week on Pump Dragon. I have a bunch of travel in September and early October, so i'll probably go back to Madcow for a month and a half, then start up with the sequel to Pump Dragon in mid-October.

today's highlight: 4 sets of 5 three second pause at parallel back squats at 285. they went great!
Old 09-02-2018, 04:19 PM
HAMKING

Hit 410# x 4 on the yoke bar earlier this week. Followed that with good mornings. When done on the yoke they are magnificent.

My brother was in town this weekend, so we lifted together yesterday. He got introduced to the yoke and I did some deadlifting, which I have been neglecting. Pulled 515# for a triple on the trap bar, low handles, full stops. Pleased with that. Assistance was belt squats, GHR, and ab wheels.

I am fantastically sore today, especially in my lats. Weighted dog hike and yoga and groaning today.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM
HAMKING

Been lax about posting here but had three good lifting sessions this week. Capped it off with 485# x 6 full stop reps on the trap bar, low handles Friday. Played rugby yesterday, and took the doggos for a walk today. Will do some yoga after a while so I donít collapse in on myself.

Got a new belt! Also COLLARED SHIRT GAINZ

Have a little bicep action going (including a vein popping out, much to Lady Mokrapís disgust) despite doing zero bicep isolation work, which is a nice surprise

Old 09-16-2018, 03:35 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Are you taking bicep pics in public restrooms?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:28 PM
HAMKING

Thatís a private restroom.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:42 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Aw man, that's disappointing. I would love to walk in on bicep pics.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:14 PM
HAMKING

No squats or deadlifts this week bc of an ankle ouchie. Itís better now. Did conditioning stuff and rugby practice (with a braced ankle).

Today was upper body push/pull. Lots of band resisted pushups, facepulls, neck work, and Kroc rows. Decided to go much heavier than normal on the rowing and got 200# for a few sets of 5. PR for making the ugliest dumbbell ever.

Also you guys post-workout nutrition is Real Important #fathlete

Old 09-21-2018, 10:43 PM

Been a while since I posted, as I am in Shanghai on an exchange program. BUT I've been training nearly everyday, plus assistant coaching the school's boxing team. My training has now been fully gymnastic/bodyweight stuff for a while and I'm now looking and feeling better than ever, which I'm very happy with. Once I'm back in Canada I'm gonna try to incorporate some strongman stuff (Namely, farmer walks of all kinds) and I think I'll be gold.

My current training is based mostly on just doing what I feel I can do and being honest with myself in pushing my boundaries. Because gymnastic stuff is skill based, it's pretty easy to just progress on the things you're working on and have fun with it. I have two tiers of exercise, skill based priority stuff and strength based secondary stuff. How I'm feeling on a given day determines what I'll run through, but (obviously) the tier one stuff comes first and is usually not that strenuous anyway. Gymnastic stuff has made my shoulders and upper back scary, while my chest is shrinking . Arms are gettin' bigger and more defined, especially tris and forearm. One day pics will come, but I haven't found an image uploading website I can access (My VPN has stopped working, unfortunately).
Old 09-21-2018, 11:03 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Everything is change. Glad to hear how you're adapting. I wish I could do gymnastic stuff. Keep goin'!
Old 09-23-2018, 06:35 AM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

Also I didn't pay attention to the pic. Modelo protein shake: it makes so much sense!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:15 PM
poisonous thread snake

I'm not much of a strongman, but dude, kettlebell swings have completely changed the way I think and feel about running, standing up and sitting down, standing on one foot, etc. I was blind, but now I see. I see my own ass and hamstrings.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:47 PM
HAMKING

Hell yeah! Kettlebells are a great tool for conditioning and greasing the hip hinge!

ó

Squatted this morning and hit 435 for a triple on the SS YOKE. Chuffed. Walking around all day with the Good Soreness. Banged out some volume sets, breathing pausies, and finished with GHR.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:24 AM

Please excuse the undies shot. Perhaps nsfw lmao.

This above pic is me from over three years ago. So either seventeen or eighteen. Before I got really into martial arts and at least 20lbs heavier

This pic is me now! With a beard and less clothes. I guess this goes to show that progress isnít always linear. Iíve had more injuries than I want to admit, fairly extensive martial arts training, a pretty severe period of depression which really impacted diet (tho not too bad for training) and more! Life happens. Iím leaner, almost as strong, much better with body weight strength, better at running, in more pain all the time, my shoulders and upper back are SICK while my arms and lower everything have suffered. You can also see the different impacts training has on the body. Other than a few months long period of not eating enough my diet has been consistently solid overtime with the main variable being training methods. Looking forward to continual gains and the greatest fruits of my training thus far has been the chance to help other people train, learn and grow.

EDIT: The images are not loading on my computer, but here in China with a spotty VPN many things don't load. Please let me know if it worked.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Tausendsassa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadrome View Post
EDIT: The images are not loading on my computer, but here in China with a spotty VPN many things don't load. Please let me know if it worked.
They weren't loading for me, either. I fixed the links:

Click to *ahem* enlarge:

Old 09-28-2018, 10:34 AM
HAMKING

@Galahad: Damn, you're hot af
Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 PM
l AM THE MANFIGHTER

No kidding.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:47 AM
HAMKING

Capped off a good week of lifting Friday with some trap deads. Kept the overall volume of that workout down a bit, bc SATURDAY IS A RUGBY DAY, but I felt very strong. Top set was a smooth triple at 540#

The song is ďNothing is NotĒ by Morbid Angel

Old 10-01-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokrap of Croton View Post
@Galahad: Damn, you're hot af
co-sign

I'm back on Madcow 5x5 for a few weeks before I begin Pump Dragon II in November. As I expected, my maxes did suffer a bit, but training heavy again seems to be getting them back up.

yesterday:

squats: warmup with bar and 135 for 5, then 195, 245, 295, 335, 380 for 5

bench press: warmup with bar and 135 for 5, then 155, 185, 215, 245, and 265 for 5

barbell rows: 135, 165, 195, 225, 255 for 5.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:23 AM

Crazy looking at y'alls lifts. A few years ago we are all lifting babies, but progress being slow and steady it kind of just hits you sometimes. Both UUDD and Mokrap have become real tanks! Holy cow.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM

aww, liftin' babies

today was decent

deadlifts: 135 for 5 to warmup, then 225, 275, 315 for 5, 365 for 3.

strict pressed: bar and 95 for 5 to warmup, then 110, 130, 150 for 5, 170 for 2

squats: 135 for 5 to warmup, then 225, 275, and 325 for 5, then 325 for 6

ez curl bar preacher curls: 80 lbs for 4x10, time to move these suckers to 85.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM
HAMKING

GROUP HUG YOU GUYZ

*squeeze*

Today was this x 10

Old 10-04-2018, 09:41 AM

car pushes, for the IRON CULTURE

today was ruff, insomnia last night meant I was lifting on less than 5 hours of sleep.

squats: bar and then 135 for 5 to warmup, then 215, 260, 315, and 355 for 5, 405 for a triple, 315 for 8.

bench: bar for 5 to warmup, then 145, 175, 215, and 245 for 5, 285 for a triple, 225 for 8.

pendlay rows: 145, 175, 215, 245 for 5.

barbell curls: 165 for 8.

Tags
#assbutt , anatoly comin' , believe in yo'self , body explosion , brodin , bulk up for the big game , butt-glutes , deca dick , do you even clean , fightingroad! , hamglue , i'm gonna boo boo , jotunheim , king of bench , lifting buddha , lifting is not a sport , maximum goku , maximus claw , muscle bomber , paul is dead