The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 01-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Senhor Member

In Peter David’s X-Factor (which was long and his most substantial tenure as a character) they were more or less fully functional individuals (with various personality quirks) who could all duplicate without any degradation. The “prime” Madrox of that series died in Death of X. Now there’s a new one established in a recent miniseries and his powers may work differently but I was not engaged enough to commit any changes to memory.

Originally, there wasn’t a “prime” Madrox and all Madroxes were valid. It’s pretty normal for his powers to shift but... Kitty and Storm should know that dupes are just people! Your annoying friend just got vaporized!
Old 01-30-2019, 11:49 AM
World of Darkness Returns

I actually enjoyed the Uncanny X-Men stuff the last couple months, but holy shit Age of X-Man Alpha is fucking bad. It's House of M all over again, but this time with a shitty 1950s veneer and "mental reeducation" to fit into the squeaky clean bullshit.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:57 AM
Senhor Member

I just listened to the authors’ interview with the Battle of the Atom guys and it sounded like Age of M but nobody fucks. Can’t wait to read it in 6 months.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:29 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

I . . . actually think Age of X-Man looks cool from the issue preview of Alpha, but I am a sucker for elaborate alternate universe stories.

Who knows when I will ever read it, though.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:25 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Known silver age X-Men fan Kurt Busiek and Scott McCloud wrote a summary of the X-Men in 1979.

Is this the earliest published instance of Busiek's decades long fascination with the Metoxo the Lava Man story that was previewed but never written?

Mainly, this reminds me that it's honestly really sad that John Byrne running on empty got to write that lost years X-Men comic in the 90s and not Busiek while he was on fire, since Busiek apparently also made a similar pitch at the time.

Last edited by estragon; 02-03-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Senhor Member

Fat Sentinel! I love it. Hard to imagine reading anything in 2019 but I’ll try.

Tags
adam x the x-treme , ah cain't touch yuh remy , berserker barrage , chayeh , claremont's boner , focused totality , foreverial tiedup x-men , marvel , mental domination , no quarter asked , none given , scumbag gambit , x-men , xavier is a jerk