The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Pronouns: they/they

Yeah, I'm getting that.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Dostoevsky is immortal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselogic View Post
Yeah, I'm getting that.
I can't wait to buy this game for the third time.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:14 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Pronouns: they/they

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I can't wait to buy this game for the third time.
*sigh* same.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 AM
Naughty List

Pronouns: he / him

There's a lot of mechanics that want you to move out of the fire / incoming skillshot but none of them really require quick reflexes even with the numbers turned way up. They're either so fast you weren't getting out of the way in the first place and you need to be able to tank some damage or slow enough that you can leisurely walk to the other part of the screen. Eventually you'll be seeing elite packs with a half dozen or so such abilities and it can get hectic but it's really more about positioning and stats than reflexes.

That's for the PC version, though. Not sure how the Dodge Roll changes things, can't imagine it's worse.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:15 PM
We just don't know.

can confirm that there was in fact a problem with the lights and loud hellscreams coming from reggie's office the other day
Old 10-15-2018, 04:44 PM
King Of Space-Time

Old 10-17-2018, 05:37 PM
King Of Space-Time

The Legendary Hunt Begins

Quote:
Whether you’re a Diablo veteran or a complete newcomer, chances are you love treasure. To get you in shape for Diablo III Eternal Collection on the Nintendo Switch, we’re inviting you on a treasure hunt. Get ready to stretch those loot-chasing muscles and get your hands on some sweet (and very real) rewards!

We’ve hidden items across the internet (as well as in a few real-world locations), and it’s up to you to find them. Don’t worry—we’ll be giving you some clues on where to look.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 PM
JUSTICE FOR MIKE JONES

That's exactly the kind of thing that sounds fun and I absolutely resent them for making me even glance at fucking Twitter.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:20 AM
King Of Space-Time

Old 11-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Pronouns: He/Him/His

So on a whim I bought the Switch version of this. I made a normal character because I didn't realize seasonal characters get converted to normal after the season ends. Whoops! Is the gear and stuff you get from the season exclusive to seasonal, or is it possible to get it otherwise?

Any general tips I should know for maximum enjoyment? I'm a Necromancer at the moment and am loving the corpse explosions/recruitment. I thought it was pretty hilarious when the Templar said "you fight with honor and I can tell you have a pure spirit" after watching me command a pulsating flesh golem to kill itself for my amusement.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Objection!

Pronouns: She/Her

Seasons usually have a unique or focus set of gear in the drop tables, and once the season ends that gear gets added to the normal drop tables. The seasonal mission rewards are typically sets that are already available in the normal drop tables, they just want to let players have an easier way to get a complete set.

How does the game itself feel? I'm thinking of picking it up after my next pay, since I have a bunch of gold coins that will blunt the edge of paying full Canadian price for it.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Crazy Old Bird

I've never played a Diablo game before, so I don't know how it compares to other versions. But it definitely controls well. I press the buttons and things die, and then things pop out. Do you have to click over and over again to use your primary attack? Because here you just hold the button in and it auto-attacks, which I like. I wasn't feeling the game at first but now that my powers are filling out it's fun to watch the carnage.

You can scan an amiibo once a day to make stuff happen. I scanned Ganondorf and some baddies popped out of a portal, though I don't know how to gauge the rarity of what they dropped. It seemed around the same power as what was already dropping. I pre-ordered the Loot Goblin amiibo, which I assume does Loot Goblin things.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:56 PM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
I've never played a Diablo game before, so I don't know how it compares to other versions. But it definitely controls well. I press the buttons and things die, and then things pop out. Do you have to click over and over again to use your primary attack? Because here you just hold the button in and it auto-attacks, which I like. I wasn't feeling the game at first but now that my powers are filling out it's fun to watch the carnage.

You can scan an amiibo once a day to make stuff happen. I scanned Ganondorf and some baddies popped out of a portal, though I don't know how to gauge the rarity of what they dropped. It seemed around the same power as what was already dropping. I pre-ordered the Loot Goblin amiibo, which I assume does Loot Goblin things.
It opens a portal to somewhere...
Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 AM
whatever it takes

Pronouns: he/him

I don't have a Switch, but is anyone still playing this on PS4? We could hang out and I could show you my disappointing wizard
Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeran View Post
We could hang out and I could show you my disappointing wizard
Best pick-up line.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:48 PM
JUSTICE FOR MIKE JONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeran View Post
I don't have a Switch, but is anyone still playing this on PS4? We could hang out and I could show you my disappointing wizard
I still have it installed but haven't played it for a bit. I always meant to get into the seasonal things but, wouldn't you know, other games just keep fucking coming out.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Come, noble knights!

Sony had a sale going on so I went ahead and picked up this game on PS4. I am now making my way through the first chapter as a demon hunter who uses dual bow pistols like machine guns. Also I am dressed like this:

This is a very good game, you guys.

By the way, I am open to co-op if anybody on PS4 wants to play together. Just shoot me a note on TT or PSN if you're interested in a game sometime.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:55 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

I think I read somewhere that the Switch version of this starts with "Campaign" and "Adventure" modes both unlocked.

Can someone explain what the difference is between these? If you've never played Diablo 3, does it make more sense to start with the Campaign? Or is it easy to skip Campaign and do Adventure, if you don't care about the story and just want to blow up some skeletons?

(BTW this is 33% off on Switch right now in at least the US eShop, don't know about other regions.)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:59 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Pronouns: he/him

Adventure mode lets you go anywhere without worrying about story quests of any kind, and it has its own goals you can complete for goodies (things like, kill X unique monster in Act 5). Campaign is the exact opposite where you have to play along with the story. So, unless you're concerned about a learning curve or having too many choices, then Adventure mode is what you want for ignoring the story and blowing up skeletons.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Jingle Machine

Pronouns: He

Adventure Mode opens up the entire world map right from the jump, and assigns each region a randomized selection of simple quests each day. There's no narrative thrust whatsoever, it's just there for people who want to have fun trying out new builds as quickly as possible or, as you said, just want to run all over the place bustin' skellies.

Story Mode forces you to progress through the games story, one region at a time. Which is also fine, but Adventure Mode is clearly the fun one.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:03 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2018, 12:42 PM
King Of Space-Time

Question

Uh... Did someone not think this through?

Old 12-08-2018, 12:45 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

It seems fine to me?

It would be a good gift to a friend, or even just an extra Switch for the household for multiplayer Diablo 3.

Anyway, I'm having fun with the Switch adaptation, but I wish they could have copied Divinity: Original Sin's split screen menu interface. Everyone should steal that for couch co-op RPGs with a lot of menu fiddling.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Outraged!

I’d assume Daikaiju is talking about how you enter the contest.

Sweet my 4000th post was piggybacking off a shitter joke.

I’ve wasted my life.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:52 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfriction View Post
I’d assume Daikaiju is talking about how you enter the contest.
So am I!

Lots of people are complaining about this as a contest where you have to own Diablo 3 and a Switch to win . . . Diablo 3 and a Switch. But for this specific game it honestly makes sense, I think.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:55 PM
King Of Space-Time

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear what I won from the Quest contest they did in November...

Tags
blizzard , diablo , stay a while and click , the wizard