The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 12-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Hello. Can you hear me?

Pronouns: singular they 4 lyfe

With so much extra delay, the 3ds version of Mighty no 9 is sure to be be amazing. The only way to win is not to play.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:29 PM

The thing about MN9's delays is that all but the first one were stated to be for the multiplayer mode that should have never been offered as a stretch goal.

With Bloodstained, they're at least working on improving/finishing the game. And yes, if nothing else, we got Curse of the Moon out of the deal.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:53 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Pronouns: he, him, his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Well, Mighty No. 9 was delayed multiple times and wound up a disappointment. So, obviously, the solution is to just release the game with no delays whatsoever, as quickly as possible!
"Hurry up and release the game so that I can complain about it and move on to anticipating the next thing that will disappoint me for some arbitrary reason!"
Old 12-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Slammaster

I liked the July demo of Bloodstained, even if I wasn't over the moon about the visuals. But while visuals are a great plus, if a game plays well, it has to be downright hideous for me to not play based on that. I mean, geez, I like WWE All-Stars. (They should totally make another WWE All-Stars.)
Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 AM
Bald Gendou

Im willing to guess that redacted
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM
..and his little cat, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
I haven't played MN9, but this example strikes me more as "we're not going to bother changing this because we ran out of money/need to release this damn game already," and that is the least time-consuming solution.
I'm... skeptical of that, given how early on my example was. Even then, how much time can it take to nudge a wheel up a bit instead of adding a sign over it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Well, Mighty No. 9 was delayed multiple times and wound up a disappointment. So, obviously, the solution is to just release the game with no delays whatsoever, as quickly as possible!
Not saying that, I'm just saying that delays don't necessarily mean what we'll get will be good. Sarge originally said " Also, the commentary on the update really annoys me. The people that are like, "Just release the game already!" have no clue. Because if that happens, it will probably look like Mighty No. 9 and get torn apart by the same people, who will say, "Well, you should have worked on it longer, you incompetents!"

And I mean, as noted by Falcone, most of the delays were for multiplayer, so they spent zero of it polishing or refining what was already there. So the delays amounted to nothing in terms of improved quality.

That said, I feel more confident in Bloodstained than I did MN9. I feel like they're handling this far better, from what we've seen.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:59 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Pronouns: he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD_Nytetrayn View Post
I'm... skeptical of that, given how early on my example was. Even then, how much time can it take to nudge a wheel up a bit instead of adding a sign over it?
The answer may surprise you!
Old 12-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Jingle Machine

Pronouns: He

It was a load-bearing wheel!
Old 12-06-2018, 03:33 PM

To clarify, I don't think delaying it will guarantee it will be better, but it almost certainly won't be as good as it will be while they tweak things to get it right. I don't think this is one of those "development hell" instances, I think it's more getting all the ancillary things right that lead to a good game becoming great. At least that's what I'm hoping!
Old 12-12-2018, 01:46 PM
poisonous thread snake

Curse of the Moon is great... Would much rather have more CotM than the full Bloodstained, honestly...

Tags
bloodroids , bloodsmudged , bloodstainia , castlemania , castleroids , castlestainia , castlevania , castlevania 6-5000 , draculoids , hulkamania , igavania , mega zan , metroidstainia , metroidvania , monster girl fetish fuel , stained glass ceiling , vaniavania , water balloons , wrestlevania