The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 11-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Feeling fluid.

If anyone is wondering what the deal is with those Olive Garden popups in tiara-vision, this is the deal.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 PM
gatchapon 3*

Pronouns: he/him

A guide and intro to Homestuck
Old 11-19-2011, 02:06 AM
the :motion: stands

Pronouns: He / Him

Fuck fuck fuck Jade's fucking grandson I feel like an idiot.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Banjo Kathoey

Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

So, anyone else realize that Jane's tiara thing is a recolour of Feferi's tiara thing?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Feeling fluid.

Indeed, it's even got the same symbol. Had to go to the wiki to snatch that symbol, where I learned something disturbing.
Quote:
Her last name is the Portuguese name for Pisces (as well as the Portuguese word for "Fishes"), and is pronounced PAY-shes
Were any of you guys pronouncing it right?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Galaxy's Goofiest Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg View Post
So, anyone else realize that Jane's tiara thing is a recolour of Feferi's tiara thing?
Considering her ancestor is almost certainly the Batterwitch, this is not a surprise.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Rogue Robot

Pronouns: he / him

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg View Post
Yeah, I though it was pretty clear. See also 3x2 prong day 11-11-11 (a refrence to her 3x2dent weaponkind).

I'm like 95% certain that the batterwitch isn't the queen, just because there's too much evidence pointing to it for it not to be misdirection. If she is I expect her reveal to be handled in a 'oh, but you already knew this' sort of way...
Old 11-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post
I'm like 95% certain that the batterwitch isn't the queen, just because there's too much evidence pointing to it for it not to be misdirection. If she is I expect her reveal to be handled in a 'oh, but you already knew this' sort of way...
Meh, I think it'll be her. Hussie also felt what happened at the start of Act 6 was obvious, which it was.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Penalty Box

Alright, Theory time on UU, the 13th troll: I think she's one of the Ancestral Trolls from the Pre-Scratch Troll Session who somehow managed to escape before being reset. She may have achieved God Hood.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 PM
bad at lurking

Pronouns: He him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Ninja View Post
Alright, Theory time on UU, the 13th troll: I think she's one of the Ancestral Trolls from the Pre-Scratch Troll Session who somehow managed to escape before being reset. She may have achieved God Hood.
If that's the case, she'd (probably) logically have power over space, right? So maybe Kanaya's?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
bad at lurking

Jake's ... jacket

*twitch*
Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
If that's the case, she'd (probably) logically have power over space, right? So maybe Kanaya's?
Well, all signs so far imply that the R-Kids are not necessarily the same Heroes as the Kids (except probably Bro Strider, since there must always BE a Hero of Time in order to enact the Scratch).

Also I think it's literally a 13th Troll who was somehow left uncreated during the Reset.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Bob

I mean, he's even called English. I don't know what this is all about, but it's interesting!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Ninja View Post
Well, all signs so far imply that the R-Kids are not necessarily the same Heroes as the Kids (except probably Bro Strider, since there must always BE a Hero of Time in order to enact the Scratch).
Actually, I'm playing a hunch that all of the alt kids will have alternate titles to the four kids we already know. The reason? Their session was always meant to be eight people. IE: Dave would always be the "Time" person there. The "eight person session" has been hinted at for a while.

I think the new four will have titles to replace dead trolls, which shows what the powers will do, and gives a more story-based justification for releasing relevant symbol merch.

We already know the Jane is Life and Jake is Hope. I'm guessing Mom Lalonde and Bro Strider will be Heart and Void, not necessarily in that order. Granted, given her disposition Heart makes sense for Lalonde, but Hussie likes to throw up subversions.

As for UU, yeah all signs point to thirteenth troll, and given his/her disposition I'd be willing to bet a whole boonbank that (s)he's from their pre-scratch incarnations. Also, he/she can't be god tier yet, because they specifically said they have not started the game yet. Whether or not the pre-scratch trolls managed to escape the scratch like John and Jade did remains to be seen. But Hussie certainly loves his trolls, so I wouldn't put it past him for them to suddenly show up. Plus, there's Jake's obsession with spider themed women and the color blue. Hmm....
Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridanmovieguy View Post
As for UU [...] he/she can't be god tier yet, because they specifically said they have not started the game yet.
Oh snap! Yeah I forgot all about that.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Okay, Bro Strider's first conversation (or rather Bro Strider's Auto Responder's first conversation) was pretty damn great. But I still think Mom Lalonde is flying high as best Alt!Kid right now.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Feeling fluid.

Conspiracy theory time: uranianUmbra=Batterwitch.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locit View Post
Conspiracy theory time: uranianUmbra=Batterwitch.
Okay, and your justification for this is what, apart from the fact that it's simply unexpected...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Feeling fluid.

I said it was a conspiracy theory, which I thought would be enough to explain that it was a silly hypothetical.

But!

She is setting things up for everyone to enter the game, as one might expect of the agent of English in a post-scratch universe, and is the one who basically initiated the plan for Jake to give Jade/John the bunny so that the events of the Kids' session would take place in a way that led to the scratch. She's also possibly a troll, and the Condesce is the only troll we don't know the ultimate fate of--and the most likely candidate for Batterwitch as English's proxy in the first Kid universe, until she disappeared for some reason. It's possible that she was recalled from that one and possibly put to work in the new one fulfilling the same role. Plus the Orphiucus zodiac sign is fakey fake bullshit (more so even than the other signs), so it would be a nice nod if this apparent Orphiucus troll wasn't really who she said she was. Not that she's said she was anyone, or even a she!

Again, silly hypothetical. (Or is it?) Yes it is. (OR IS IT!?)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Orb Friend

But isn't the Condesce hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of years old, while whoever UU is had standard-issue chubby kid hands in that one glimpse we had?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
bad at lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
I'm preeeeeetty certain UU is from the universe our kids will create.
There is a quality to the speech of all the kids that I can't quite put a name on (high falootin?) that UU shares. Also there's too much hinting of her being inverted Karkat. It just doesn't fit for me for it to be the troll queen or batterwitch.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locit View Post
I said it was a conspiracy theory, which I thought would be enough to explain that it was a silly hypothetical.

But!

And then stuff.
If this is true, then she is outright lying about the just about to enter the session part, which seems like kind of an odd choice to me.

I think this person is likely being sincere. And that they are also likely a troll and once again, probably a pre-scratch troll.

Fef!Cestor is the Batterwitch. I mean, this is pretty much confirmed at this point, and no I don't think it being "too obvious" is a problem. I think you're supposed to know what's going on while the characters don't. Dramatic irony and all that. He expects you to know that the same way he figured people would guess how Act 6 would start and who the alt!kids would be, and we did.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Orb Friend

I'm amused by the fact that Bro Strider wears a shirt with his hat on it. The most ridiculous of all the kid shirts.

Also: 15-year old boy who loves super-long showers? Gee, what could he be doing in there.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 AM
bad at lurking

Just finished the first dungeon. I was planning on going to bed much earlier, and here it is 4:30 in the morning. Yep, it's a Zelda game alright!

When the game is doing what it does best, it's fucking amazing! Died on the boss once literally as I was pulling out my potion. Other than that, it was a solid Zelda dungeon with some cool new shit. I think I'm just about over the learning curve, too.

The plot is kind of extra dumb so far (I'm trying to "rescue" Zelda, who apparently can get through this dungeon fine without a magical sword and I just missed her.) but who cares, I've got new shit I can explore! I love that it has the feeling of WW with the flying around, but the actual surface world feels extra dense. None of that running in one direction with no enemies for minutes at a time I got in TP.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 AM
concentrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
Just finished the first dungeon. I was planning on going to bed much earlier, and here it is 4:30 in the morning. Yep, it's a Zelda game alright!
You know, I often forget how timezones go, but I have no doubt you're telling the truth
Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Orb Friend

I think that '4:30 am' bit has contributed to you postin' in the wrong thread, man.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Feeling fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridanmovieguy View Post
If this is true, then she is outright lying about the just about to enter the session part, which seems like kind of an odd choice to me.
She could just enter the same session by being in the same vicinity as any of the four kids when they enter the medium. Boom, same day. But I agree it's not very likely, especially given her wording when talking about timelines. Hence the conspiracy in front of theory. That said, I'm kind of wary of UU's intentions simply because they remind me of Scratch nudging things into place--unless she is indeed from the next-to-be-created universe, as Nich suspects. Which seems pretty darn possible when I think about it!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 AM
concentrate

Autoresponder is pretty great.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM
bad at lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheana View Post
I think that '4:30 am' bit has contributed to you postin' in the wrong thread, man.
oh my god, hahaha
Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 PM

You know, ever since we found out alt!John was called "Poppop" I've been wondering when Hussie would make that joke. It happened a lot sooner than I expected.

Tags
andrew hussie , deudly firearms , doujinshi man gaka , fish puns , homestuck , horses , let me tell you , mspa , phernalia registry , problem sloth , problem sluth , webcomics , where doing it man , where making this hapen