The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 09-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Love and Peace

The whole of the series teaches us that the only thing that makes you a bad person is if you are a murderer. Everything else is apparently fair game!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Half-Ninja

The DLC case is out today, and it features the return of everyone's favorite(?) screw-up, Larry Butz!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:57 AM
>TRANCE

Pronouns: They / Them

I just started Case 5's second trial.

Is this what YAS SLAY QUEEN refers to?!
Old 10-12-2016, 07:53 PM
>TRANCE

Pronouns: They / Them

Ga'ran also has the best theme songs.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Bob

I for one am partial to Nahyuta's and Dhurke's themes!

Mostly Nahyuta's though, Dhurke's a good enough character that it elevates his theme.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Oh No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcoon View Post
For some reason this theme reminds me of Unsolved Mysteries..
Old 10-31-2016, 10:26 PM
This Guy

I didn't realize how much I'd missed Maya until she showed up. The interplay between her and Phoenix is a big part of what made the first three games great.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:36 PM
everyone's connected

Last night, I finished the first day of the fifth case, and wow, that may have been the most exciting Ace Attorney chapter the series has ever delivered. Can't wait to find out how this case develops (I hear it's a long one).
Old 11-10-2016, 07:56 PM
This Guy

I think I finally found my limit for the amount of nonsense I can take in an Ace Attorney game during case 4 of this one. So the witness has multiple personalities that he switches between at will, except for a 4th one that only comes out when he gets drunk and passes out, which he fortunately does at the slightest hint of alcohol and in order to prove this personality exists you force him to get drunk on the stand? That guy never made sense and he got more and more nonsensical as it went on. And he is the bulk of the case.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:42 PM
This Guy

I finished this up this afternoon. That was a hell of a last case and a hell of a game altogether. It really was a hell of a sequel to Apollo Justice. The only case that didn't really work for me was the fourth one, and only because it felt half finished. Blackquill was great as the assistant, but everything about that case kind of comes out of nowhere. Also I may be alone in this, but I love the investigation segments. Those are the parts where you actually get to interact with the world and characters. Coming into a case like that 4th one completely blind is somewhat unsatisfying. Still, Cases 2, 3 and 5 were great.

As much good as this game did with Apollo, and by the end it became totally his game, it really had nothing for Athena or, most notably, Trucy. There were the characters that showed up out of what seemed like contractual obligation, like Blackquill, Edgeworth and Pearl, but Trucy is the one character that they have absolutely no idea what to do with. Maybe if they'd let go of that magic panties joke and let her do some sleight of hand stuff during investigations.

Despite this being Apollo's game, what I like most was having Phoenix and Maya back together again. The didn't have enough time together, but I really like their rapport. They couldn't copy that with Apollo and Trucy or Athena. I hear that the DLC case is a Phoenix/Maya case, so I'll be jumping on that soon.

I kind of hope they leave Apollo out of the next game entirely. My only real complaint with this game is that case seems overly crowded. Maybe give Athena more of a chance to shine.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Sudden chomper

Hey, the iOS port of this game just showed up on the App Store! I played through AA5 on my iPhone and thought it was a great port, so I'm curious to see how this one stacks up. You start by buying the first case ($1.39 in Canada, so presumably $0.99 in the US) and then you buy the rest individually or as a package. I'll let you know how the port is once I've had a chance to play some.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Sudden chomper

I finished up the first case and the game has been giving me those Ace Attorney feels, so I decided to buy the rest of it. Like with AA5, the iOS port of the game is great and it looks super sharp. I decided to pony up for the bonus case, too - does anyone have any suggestions for when I should play it? I remember thinking with AA5 that I wish I'd played the bonus case halfway through the game, rather than at the end (for spoilery reasons).
Old 10-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Bob

It can be played anytime, and doesn't have anything to do with the story iirc. I don't think it mentions anything specific about the story that it might spoil.

Tags
3ds , ace attorney , capcom , objection! , rip apollo , shu takumi , snackoos