The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 01-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Too Big For Smash?!

This bug is technically two bugs working in tandem.

First: Cyan is killed while using his second SwdTech, 'Retort', and revived. This causes him to counterattack with Retort as a response to any physical attack, not just one against him.

Second: While using Retort, Cyan is turned into an Imp. As an Imp under the Retort 'status', he only counter-attacks with a physical attack (as an Imp cannot use the Retort 'attack') and as a result the Retort 'status' doesn't come off.

So basically, have Cyan use Retort, kill him, revive him, and turn him into an Imp. This causes both bugs to be active, and basically what that means is that he'll respond to any attack (by anyone, against anyone) with an attack, and then since the Retort 'status' cannot be removed (because Imp) and because he's reacting to any attack by anyone against anyone (because of being revived while under Retort) he counters his own attack with another attack, which he counters with another attack, which he etc etc etc.

Fun fact, this was my second attempt because on my first I had Cyan using the Genji Glove with the Tempest in the offhand, but the Gale Cut proc on that one breaks the Retort cycle, since it's a magic attack.

Funny thing is, I was only able to do this on my run, with modified No Espers but allowing Natural Magic, because I was assigned both Celes (naturally learns Imp) and Cyan. And I'm glad because it's gonna be my ace in the hole if I ever need it again.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:09 PM
JUSTICE FOR MIKE JONES

You learn something new everyday, as they say. I've never come across that bug before. Thanks for the explanation.

Wonder if it's still present in the GBA version.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:13 PM
Chuck 'im into the soup!

It is, but it's activated a different way.
Old Today, 12:58 AM
JUSTICE FOR MIKE JONES

It's been about 15 years since I last finished it and you'll be pleased to know Final Fantasy 7 is still pretty great. (I never noticed before, perhaps because good localization wasn't commonplace at the time, but the localization of FF7 is fairly weird/poor. Interested to see how it comes together in the remake.)

Tags
anniversary , arby corwen , buttz , cloud computing , drink your goddamn tea! , fear of old threads , ffxiv is best , final fantasy , forking bards , i'm captain basch , let's mosey , no ff8 on switch , numbers go up , penalty for being bard , señor behemoth , spoony bards , square enix , the great ff9 war , what the fork? , your favorite ff is shit , your loathed ff is good