The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 02-15-2019, 04:17 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Pronouns: he/him

Oh man I completely forgot each character has a unique die you can roll. I actually wanted to know more about that, but didn't wanna slow the game down to mess around with it.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Sega CD version is better

Calling it now. Labo Kit 4 is going to be a build your own Virtual Boy Classic
Old 02-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Oh No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchobhar View Post
I'm digging Daemon X Machina. The combat could stand to be tweaked some— I was let down by how piddling the guns felt— but movement felt pretty satisfying, which is a lot in my book. And, limited as it is, customizing my character and mech was a lot of fun (and it's great that the character's appearance can be changed at any time).

My favourite thing, though, is that not only are character upgrades justified as transhumanist modifications, but that they're visible on your character. The moment I bought the doublejump upgrade and was rewarded with a shiny new pair of robot legs is the moment I knew this game was for me.

I think the thing I most want to see in the final release is more options in the character creator; hairstyles, especially. Also I want a pair of shoulder decals for my mech that read F and 91.
It's really just the starter gun that feels piddly for the most part - I picked up and SMG in one of the levels and, despite it having a lower damage rating, it could shred most of the small dudes pretty good. I also picked up a bazooka and grenades and those helped a lot with the bigger dudes.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

Is there any way to stop my Switch from broadcasting my activity to my friends without turning off the wi-fi?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:46 PM
Sega CD version is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Is there any way to stop my Switch from broadcasting my activity to my friends without turning off the wi-fi?
I think there are two settings. One that hide your play history, and one that hides your online status, including what you’re currently playing. If you disable both of them you should be able to play Extreme Beach Volleyball in peace.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Oh No!

One thing I'll definitely give Demon X Machina is that, if you do manage to get yourself shot down, running around outside your mech can be a bit of a tense experience.

I'm hoping you can eventually learn to hijack enemy mechs so it's the secret G-Nome sequel I've always wanted.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Out Of Warranty

My only problem with Daemon is that I find the controls a bit clunky, and flying up and down unintuitive. But that's my fault since I've been playing ZoE: Anubis lately, and I can't help but compare that fast-paced mecha action with Daemon's more methodical pace. I know they are apples and apple jelly, but that's where my head is.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becksworth View Post
I think there are two settings. One that hide your play history, and one that hides your online status, including what you’re currently playing. If you disable both of them you should be able to play Extreme Beach Volleyball in peace.
With your encouragement I have found the user profile settings I missed because they were separate from the system settings. Now I just need to figure out how to get XBV on my Switch!

Tags
任天堂 リバ , ah-ah ah-ah yeah! , all eggs in one basket , bait and switch , controllers for ants , dom/sub , ebullient millenials , hardware , joycon , lets talk preorders , litral switch to the face , miimosa party , neo-cons , nintendo , nintendo switch , no picross no sale , opinions , snap! , snitches get switches , swiitch , switch it on , switch palace , the new switcheroo , the switching hour , whip it