The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelbel View Post
(By the way, if anyone's interested in doing commentary for one of these, it's far easier to set up than racing; all you need is a microphone, web browser, and Discord. Feel free to ask in the alttpr discord if you're interested in giving it a shot, they're always in need of more commentators.)
Is there someone specific I should talk to? I've been interested in helping out for a while. I asked in the discord weeks ago and was told to fill out a volunteer form, but have yet to get any kind of response. But I don't wanna nag anyone!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:37 PM
Tausendsassa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
some of the announcers I've really liked: WillardJBradley, Kelpsey/KelseyxLynn (both good, not sure if they're the same person or not), PhantomRyu, Alucard.
I also like Hurfy Durfy, Tojso, NYRambler, and epiblitikos 'cause his voice is sooo sexy~
Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
I also like Hurfy Durfy, Tojso, NYRambler, and epiblitikos 'cause his voice is sooo sexy~
If you ever get the chance to hear Gesellschaft commentate, you're in for a treat. Her commentary was some of the most in-depth and informative I've ever heard.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Tausendsassa

I'll keep a look out! I've seen some of her races and she's a top-notch player, so that doesn't surprise me.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcodis View Post
Is there someone specific I should talk to? I've been interested in helping out for a while. I asked in the discord weeks ago and was told to fill out a volunteer form, but have yet to get any kind of response. But I don't wanna nag anyone!
Hmm, sorry I haven't really kept up with things for a little while now, so I'm not sure if there's some way to jump ahead. I imagine the demand for commentators is a lot higher earlier on in tourneys when there are a million matches going on, so maybe they'll start taking in new commentators again for the next one. Couldn't hurt to just ping them again to ask what's up, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcodis View Post
If you ever get the chance to hear Gesellschaft commentate, you're in for a treat. Her commentary was some of the most in-depth and informative I've ever heard.
Heh, Gesellschaft started racing rando right about the same time I did, so we had a bit of rivalry early on. She quickly surpassed me, and it's been cool seeing her improve ever since, so I recommend watching her races she plays in as well as the ones she commentates.

Tags
fighter sword vitreous , link to the past , lunchbox flute , nintendo , randomizer , rom hacks , sooo random u gaiz , swamp palace big chest , zelda