The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-28-2018, 02:39 PM
I <3 janeelle morae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Kirby 64, actually (which was basically Dreamland 4). But yeah, this was dumb, because I didn't know Rock-Rick could climb walls.
Ah yeah, I meant 64. I've never even beat KDL3. KDL3 is weirdly hateful with its extra challenges.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Aaand Story Mode is done. That was a blast, and the final boss was the best nightmare fuel yet.

I don't think it will overtake Super Star for me, but it's definitely the game I've wanted since Super Star. The Guest Star mode especially is the one thing I wished Super Star Ultra had added. Helpers are my favorite mechanic in Kirby and I've always been sad that they were pushed to the sidelines. But they're back! I'll definitely be playing this game for a while to come.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 AM
Tell me about your mother

I beat this yesterday. I laughed out loud at the final boss reveal. God, I love Kirby DEEP LORE.

The trailers made this look kind of bland outside of the multiplayer aspect, but it's as creative and surprising as some of the best entries in the series.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Totally Radicola!

I don't know if any other Switch games did this, but this has the coolest application of HD rumble I've yet seen. However, as I discovered when trying to show it again later to my brother, it only seems to happen in docked mode.

So, if you've beaten Extra Planet Delta and don't know what I'm talking about, go find a TV, STAT.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:40 PM

Sounds like I might need to swap to the Joy-Cons instead of using the SN30 Pro.

I've enjoyed this so far. I have been pacing myself considerably, though. It hasn't quite drawn me in like the 3DS entries (of which I preferred Triple Deluxe), but there are some nice touches here and there. I figure the game has time to surprise me a bit more. It's unquestionably Kirby, which is exactly what I wanted, though.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 AM
This way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Nerd View Post
I beat this yesterday. I laughed out loud at the final boss reveal. God, I love Kirby DEEP LORE.
ooh ooh ooh

can I have spoilers please
Old 04-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Mystery Contraption

Just before the final Boss Rush, the villain gives an extremely rapid fire monologue about their backstory as wizards who worshipped Dark Matter, and this saved the universe from something-or-other, but were kicked out of Dream Land for practicing evil magic. And all the text boxes fly by too quickly to possibly be read.

Additionally, the true form of the final boss is a giant Lovecraftian Kirby, that morphs into Dark Matter from time to time.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:03 AM
oh my car

I used the Switch's video recording feature to capture the thing Octo refers to, and I transcribed the text:

We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how deeply we have clung to this dream across the aeons?

How could you! You couldn't! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US!

As if THAT loveliness wasn't enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity!

We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won't stand! It won't be forgiven! It won't be forgotten! Never ever EVER!

Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this!

Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! IT WASN'T!

We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak!

Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 04-21-2018, 02:24 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

And here's the short version:

Old 04-21-2018, 02:34 PM
This way up

wow that was amazing

thanks everyone!
Old 04-22-2018, 07:48 PM

Man, where was that final battle the entire game? For a game that went so by-the-numbers, that final sequence was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMer View Post
I don't know if any other Switch games did this, but this has the coolest application of HD rumble I've yet seen. However, as I discovered when trying to show it again later to my brother, it only seems to happen in docked mode.

So, if you've beaten Extra Planet Delta and don't know what I'm talking about, go find a TV, STAT.
That was really neat!
Old 04-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Watch and learn

Future ally characters have been datamined. Nobody too surprising in there, but there are a few who seem like they’ll be fun to play as.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:02 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanto View Post
Future ally characters have been datamined. Nobody too surprising in there, but there are a few who seem like they’ll be fun to play as.
I'd like to confirm that I've heard the same rumor you did. Is it Adeleine, Daroach, and Dark Meta Knight for wave 2, then Magolor, Taranza, Susie, and Hyness & the generals for wave 3?
Old 04-29-2018, 03:05 PM
Watch and learn

Yes, that’s the one.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Chief Servbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Dark Meta Knight

Why
Old 04-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Quote:
"Hey now."
Old 04-29-2018, 03:35 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludendorkk View Post

Why
Because what other characters did that game even have?

Last edited by Bongo; 04-29-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo after I was quoted, to my eternal shame
Old 04-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Half-Ninja

Quote:
Because what other characters did that have even have?
I mean...

There ARE 4 other Kirbies.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:47 PM
Chief Servbot

Quote:
Because what other characters did that game even have?

Tags
healing kiss , kirby , press x to make friend , swiitch