The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 02-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

I finally found my own place and was living on my own in a little house in a lightly forested area. I was only able to live there for a month or two before I had to move back in with my parents because it turned out someone had been dumping toxic waste in the woods behind the houses and our entire neighborhood was evacuated and turned into a Superfund site.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:26 AM

I was in a big thrift shop and found a machine that vended literal books of British train tickets but it had a note taped to it explaining how this coin-operated model had been discontinued because it was used by crooks to steal identities; for some reason I was extremely sure the note had been left by our own Droewyn.

Sitting on top of the machine was a little Gamecube game wallet. I picked it up to see if there was anything inside and lo and behold it was about half full of burned minidiscs labeled as confidential blueprints from a big company. I put the whole thing in my pocket and wandered off to find someplace private where I could take a few pictures and poll some people on what I should do with it all.

In my meandering I found a cargo plane that had been remodeled into more storage space and found my way into an empty loft where I thought I wouldn't be disturbed. I pulled out my phone and started to take a picture but happened to glance up and notice my reflection in one of the windows was running threateningly at me, prompting me to flee in terror.

So I woke up, went back to bed, and dreamed of a very bright and cartoony version of the Lost Planet games.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Will get there eventually

I dreamt up this place. Now I want to go, but I can't.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:54 PM
till the sheriff stops by

Confusingly, its a Lenscrafters.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:01 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Pronouns: he, him, his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixo View Post

When you woke up was your pillow gone?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Oh No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixo View Post

?
Old 03-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Toothsome!

Pronouns: She/Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovewolf View Post
?
!
Old 03-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Senhor Member

I had a dream John McCain tried to take a selfie with me and I was like, “no you’re a war criminal” because I knew it’s what twitter would want.

Also months ago I had a dream about that candy lava world (?) in Super Mario Odyssey because I watched a video about it. Have finally committed this dream to a post. Whew.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:01 PM

I was visiting someone and they asked me how my fiancee Tonya is doing. "Oh, she's expecting but I haven't talked to her in... a week or so... Oh no."

I woke up in a cold sweat scrambling for my phone before remembering I don't even know anyone named Tonya, much less getting her pregnant and/or engaged.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:06 AM
There he is!

I dreamed I was reading an issue of Nintendo Power that had cartoons with scratch-off punchlines/captions. One of them was a picture of Toad running away from Luigi in tears while the Princess looked on, shocked. The caption was “Luigi Licks Toad 100% No Damage Speedrun COMPLETE (01/??)”
Old 05-15-2019, 07:06 AM

I had one of those video game related dreams where I kept going back and forth between being a character in the game and being the player. When I was a character in the game, I was wandering around a city looking for monsters causing trouble or committing crimes. The only crimes I found in this fashion were pretty minor, though; the only one I can remember is seeing Ose peeing against a bus stop shelter in broad daylight until I chased him away.

By the time night fell, I was the player of the game, rather than a participant. One of the premises of the game seemed to be that the characters from all the Persona games had teamed up to form some kind of vigilante group to protect the city from supernatural threats. I seemed to be at a very early stage of the game, since the only characters in my party were the main dude from Persona 4 and Yukari, and I was having them complete a bunch of side quests that rewarded them with random pieces of equipment that could only be used by other characters who would be unlocked several months later. Eventually I completed the main mission for the night, which involved a challenging fight against some demons on the roof of a building my party was staking out. After the battle, P4 Guy and Yukari escaped to the ground level and their getaway car.

Before they could get away, though, this fat tiger god in a police uniform, along with two other demons in police uniforms, jumped onto the hood of the car. I knew that the main demon cop was the city's police chief and the second-in-command of the game's villain, who was some kind of evil politician; he would occasionally show up during the vigilante missions to try and extort money from my characters. There was a little cut scene, sort of like one of those scenes you get when you finish a battle with an all-out attack in Persona 5; the evil feline police chief swiped his claws at the screen, leaving glowing red scratches across the "camera," then he and his two henchman did a spin-and-pose, and the scene momentarily froze. Then the words "RESPECT THE OFFICE" appeared across the scene with a sound as though they had just been stamped there.

At that point, I woke up with an intense sense of disdain and loathing toward Tiger Woods.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Senhor Member

Sitting down about to see Brightburn, I confess I’ve had two nightmares this past week about the film. A few days ago, I dreamed what I interpreted as a prologue. Brightburn is at a house and scientists are like, we gotta kill Brightburn. Brightburn kills them, though!! Also there is a red 3D rendering of an underground lab attached to the house, probably because I’ve been thinking about Paul WS Anderson lately.

Then last night I dreamed that Brightburn kind of involves aliens possessing/merging with humans. I was a character who became part of a super team and at one point the rest were Scarily Murdered and I had to stay in an underground land with a monster and I clearly kind of forgot what Brightburn was about.

Anyway. Hope the movie is fine.
Old Today, 05:31 AM
till the sheriff stops by

I dreamt my bike was stolen again, but it wasn't so that's cool.

Tags
dreams , physiology , psychology , sleep