The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 03-12-2019, 12:56 PM
You must whip it

Old 03-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Most powerful being in his universe maybe. None of those feats sound particularly impressive compared to say, SSGSS Goku
Old 03-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Toothsome!

Pronouns: She/Her

A List Of All Kosher Pokémon
Old 03-12-2019, 06:01 PM

That is a cursed hyperlink
Old 03-12-2019, 06:06 PM
hang high, soft star

This seems like as good as any to share my theory that Normal type in the Pokeverse is just the polite way to say "edible and routinely used for this purpose."
Old 03-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Hello. Can you hear me?

Pronouns: singular they 4 lyfe

Can vegetarians eat grass-type Pokemon?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:44 PM
actually an eevee

Pronouns: she/her

Yes, but Vegans can't.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Rogue Robot

Pronouns: he / him

Quote:
Originally Posted by q 3 View Post
Can vegetarians eat grass-type Pokemon?
Only if they have no other types.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:47 AM
ドラキュラの様な奴

Pronouns: He/Him
Default The Living Nutrition Group Ministries

Quote:
Our mission is to bring health, freedom, and entrepreneurship that reflect obedience to the Spirit of the Lord as we create groups of Christ following communities prepared for His return.

As a family operated ministry, The LNG Ministries was birthed out of a directive given to [name redacted] to go and make the body of Christ healthy and prepared for His return. Once [name] received this mission, he began studying prophesy, nutrition, health and entrepreneurship. [Name] and his wife, [actual person that Dracula knows], experienced the awesome physical, emotional, and spiritual healing power on a mission trip to Guatemala, witnessing many people healed and set free by the laying on of hands through prayer. The LNG Ministry is purposed to bring that health and freedom to communities around the world, then equip them to multiply.
Quote:
We were so excited to chat with our brother in Guatemala last night, thanks to the LNG Ministry, he is on his way to purchasing a Bible, and his son has improved in health!

Thank you for joining us to encourage, inspire and support individuals and their communities in Guatemala!!
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 AM
so exciting!

i want to die
Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 AM
actually an eevee

Pronouns: she/her

You would think it was an ancient Mesopotamian court, but no, it was 30 years ago
Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 AM
Born in the USA

Pronouns: he/him

And here I thought Reagan's decisions came from him being a big piece of shit
Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 AM
so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Bitches will destroy decades of social progress, leave tens of thousands to die, commit war crimes and be like "can't help being Aquarius!"
Old 03-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Rogue Robot

Pronouns: he / him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Eelection 2019 Info

Pronouns: they're more hobbyist nouns tbh

And that's why you don't do illicit, treasonous arms deals when mercury is in retrograde
Old 03-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Toothsome!

Old 03-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Toothsome!

Quote:
What if Scotty is not actually Scottish, though?

Like, what if his name just happens to be Montgomery Scott, so all of his friends started calling him “Scotty,” and then every time he was introduced to a new person, they would be like “Oh, are you Scottish? My uncle was Scottish!”

And finally, he just gets sick of explaining the situation, so he starts replying with “aye, laddie!” But then it turns out that the person he said that to was Captain Kirk, and he doesn’t want to admit that he lied to his new commanding officer, so he has to keep speaking in a ridiculously over-the-top brogue and commenting constantly on how much he loves drinking Scotch, and by the time that he realises that Kirk would have found humour in the situation, he’s in too deep and can’t stop pretending, and it gradually just becomes his normal speech pattern.

Then, years later, the Enterprise is being inspected by a Starfleet engineer who’s actually Scottish, and Scotty takes him on a walking tour of his warp engines and is all like “Auch! Here be me wee bairns!” and the other engineer is just like “what the fuck is wrong with you?”

I take the fact that James Doohan is Canadian as evidence of this theory.
Quote:
Scotty hacking into his Starfleet personnel file to alter his place of birth.

Scotty soundproofing his quarters on the Enterprise so that no one can hear him teach himself to play the bagpipes from instructional videos.

Scotty making a great show of taking a shuttle down to Aberdeen to “visit his family” every time the Enterprise is in Earth orbit and then, once on the ground, discreetly site-to-site transporting himself to Vancouver or whatever.

None of these things are out of character or beyond his technical ability.
Quote:
Yeah, but also in character: Jim Kirk has known since Day 1 that Scotty is not, in fact, Scottish, but is just sitting there waiting to see how far Scotty is willing to go to keep the story going. It started out as an “enough rope” situation but now it’s one of Jim’s greatest ongoing sources of entertainment and he wouldn’t admit at gunpoint that he knows.
Quote:
Honestly, Kirk would actively claim to have met Scotty’s Extremely Scottish Family/visited them in Aberdeen just to keep it going.
Quote:
Frankly, as someone who’s paternal side is all Scottish, I simply can’t see any Scottish person not seeing this situation and running with it.

Next thing Scotty knows, half of Scottish Starfleet is claiming to be his brother’s sister-in-law’s half cousin twice removed and the Loch Ness Monster has been painted on the door to his quarters.

Kirk is busy dying of laughter.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:04 AM

tbh this all sounds like a more plausible explanation for Chekov than Scotty.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:08 AM
has to go somewhere

Pronouns: he/him/his

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisteriaHysteria View Post
tbh this all sounds like a more plausible explanation for Chekov than Scotty.
It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. Maybe young Paul Chalmers from New Jersey heard about the success that Montgomery Scott was having in Starfleet as a fake Scot, and decided to try and replicate his success by posing as Pavel Chekov, Absolutely a Real Russian, What Do You Mean Russians Don't Say "Wiolation"?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Hello. Can you hear me?

Pronouns: singular they 4 lyfe

Future humanity is a monoculture punctuated by the occasional retro enthusiast/cosplayer
Old 03-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

Isn't the theory that Starfleet is basically just a bunch of LARPers anyway?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Metaphysical organ dealer

Pronouns: He/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Büge View Post
Quote:
Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe: “Kosher to lick”
Old 03-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Toothsome!

Old 03-26-2019, 10:17 PM
Will get there eventually

Old 03-30-2019, 10:17 PM
Wink!

Default Making Better RPGs with Rm2k

Quote:
This is my first RM2K tutorial, so please bear with me if you find some things confusing or hard to understand because I, for one, am not great at explaining things.

MOTIVATION
Okay, Ive played many RM2K RPGs from many people and for 90 percent of the games, I found something very lacking: motivation. Talking about motivation, the first thing I look for in a game made from other people is the intro. The intro really does affect the game. If the intro is interesting, it motivates me to play. Well, now maybe you are thinking "What if theres no intro?". My answer is that a game that does not a have an intro is not bad; it just doesnt give me as much motivation. But sometimes, a game without an intro maybe better than some others with one. And obviously, the most motivation of an RPG comes from the story (Ill explain more deeply about that later).

INTROS
Now, about intros...although I am not that great at them, I still can give you some tips about making some good ones. Depending on your story, you should always try to make the intro mysterious. Try not using a black background throughout the whole intro (Using black background trhoughout the whole intro may sometimes fit depending on what you are talking about). If you are trying to make the intro mysterious, try using odd, weird backgrounds. Dont use a background of for example, a forest; it ruins point of the mysteriousness. And one last important thing, do not roll 5 paragraphs of words into the screen telling about the story as an intro, it is really annoying and gives an unprofessional look! I would rather see the animations instead.

STORY
Yes, the story of an RPG is the one of the MOST important part of the RPG. Even if you have a Custom Menu System, Custom Battle System, and very good graphics; but the story sucks, then it would not make the player play it more than 10 minutes. This is exactly what happened to Final Fantasy VIII! When writing the plot for your story, write when you are awake, otherwise when you read back to what you did when you ARE awake, you might feel that something does not make sense and you would have to do it over again. Another tip for writing the plot is that you should write the whole thing first before making the game because if you write the plot as you go along the game, you may encounter some mistakes and would have to redo some things and the flow of the story may not be so good. Also, try giving as much explanation about as much things in the game as possible. For example, in Final Fantasy X, they explained the reason why there are Aeons (Summoned Monsters). And one of the most important point is that you SHOULD NOT make stories like a Hero saves the princess and they live happily ever after, the end. That is very old. Even the classic of the classic RPG dont use that stupid plot anymore. But that does not mean that you shoudl make stories that has lots and lots of twists in them cause they get confusing and stupid after a while. Another point is that you should make the games story advance too fast and very, very slow during the rest of the game because that does not give too much motivation. What I am saying this for example, in Final Fantasy VII, if Cloud knew everything about Zack, SOLDIER, Jenova, and everything in the begining 2 hours of the game and the rest of the 30 to 40 hours was just chasing Sepheroth around, then the gameplay would suck and boring and the story wouldnt be as good as if the story advanced evenly or at the right time.

GAMEPLAY
As you all know, not just the story makes an RPG good, but also the gameplay. Without good gameplay, the motivation also dissappears after a while for an RPG. Well, first off, you DO need quests and side quests. But sometimes, if you make too much quests for an RPG, the player may stop playing due to the difficulty. That does mean that you should make the quests super easy. Make some a little hard and some a bit easy. And one of the most common quests in an RPG are side quests. As you may or may not know (Depending how much RPGs youve played), side quests are non-story quests where the play can choose or not choose to do. Usually, sides quests are for the player to go through a hard quest to get an item or something similar to that. Because RM2K games are not made by some professional company like Konami, Squaresoft, Sega, etc. you shouldnt make the game too hard with quests because as we all know, the games we make with RM2K are for leisure, not for profit, so many of the games are not professional. Because of this, we should make the games easier than REAL games that REAL companies made. Also, if you are going to make a Custom Battle System and a Custom Menu System or anything that is custom in your game, be sure that it is unique and is better than the default becuase in some games, their CMS or CBS are even worse than the default; all they did was just switching around some icons and words and changed a bit of the interface. And in some Custom Menu System, you cant even exit the game you are playing.

Okay, thanks for reading my tutorial and by the way...please visit my site at [REDACTED]
Old 03-31-2019, 01:05 AM
Can't peeve the Sheev

It's true, most good stories I've read were written by people who were awake.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:47 AM

Pronouns: Fem or gender neutral

A little context: Kelly Stafford, the wife of Detroit Lions Quarterback Matt Stafford, went into surgery to remove a tumor from her brain. The tumor was benign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person 1
They’re incredibly fortunate that her tumor is much like her husband’s quarterbacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person 2
yes, but unlike her husband’s quarterbacking, she’ll get better over time.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Turn L Gundam
Old 04-06-2019, 04:53 PM
King Of Space-Time

Old 04-07-2019, 08:47 PM
BAG

That name under "@ commissions open!!! kh3 spoilers" is not encouraging.

Tags
#sexpillows , bad wolf , black hole of humanity , cringe gallery , granos , humor , i am the fork , mine , ominous orchestral swell , perhaps missing the point , post 717782 , priming the pump , prissy little killjoys , professor anime , psychological issues , real life harry potter , sailor moon politics , the best of tt , the worst , this is the best post , tumblr is easy mode , twilight sparkle , twitter is easy mode , very important bothans , weep for humanity