The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 11-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Banjo Kathoey

Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Old 11-18-2018, 06:36 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Pronouns: he, him, his

That's not yours - it's Bombshell's!
Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM
Armor Guardian

Pronouns: He/Him

Temmie is a Pokemon. However, as humans are allergic to Temmie, no Pokemon trainer or scientist or whatever has ever dared to catch one, which is why the species lacks a Pokedex entry to this very day.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:43 AM
King Of Space-Time

Windjammers' original title was Pong 2:Beach Time Bugaloo.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Out Of Warranty

Pronouns: He/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikaiju View Post
Windjammers' original title was Pong 2:Beach Time Bugaloo.
It was supposed to have colorful character designs, but an executive made them change Green, Blue and Red paddles for generic "beach dude" characters.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:43 PM
It Is Frame Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT-55J View Post
Temmie is a Pokemon. However, as humans are allergic to Temmie, no Pokemon trainer or scientist or whatever has ever dared to catch one, which is why the species lacks a Pokedex entry to this very day.
Temmie understands. Temmie is allergic to Temmie, too.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:45 AM
Mystery Contraption

Pronouns: He

The Pirates on Tallon IV did make a mutated Metroid by infusing it with Phazon and Beam Trooper weaponry and named it Metroid Prime, but Samus never encountered it. The entity in the Impact Crater that called itself Metroid Prime just adapted itself to loosely mimic whatever the most dangerous life-form on the planet was, and a nearly invulnerable, heavily armed cyborg Metroid fits that description nicely. After it fought and was destroyed by Samus, it immediately realized that there was nothing in the universe as deadly as her, and that’s why it became Dark Samus.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:18 PM

In order to help repopulate the species, Roy & Misa's relationship opened up into a poly one to rope in Minmay
Old 12-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Find Your Reason

Where does that leave Rick
Old 12-17-2018, 06:18 PM
Not a Beer

Pronouns: he/him (usually)

I'm assuming that was a typo. And I'm not sure I really buy it for the original trio, but I totally poly-ship Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka. Alto spends most of his time flying anyway, giving Sheryl and Ranka plenty of family time together.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:50 PM

Rick Roy Roll ya, typo oops

I almost always mix up their names in my head, and it's really weird that I do considering how I reject Robotech to begin with
Old 01-01-2019, 08:42 PM

Pronouns: she/fae??? idk

On Stands:

While the time travelers in Travelers use the stands of their host bodies (which is obvious because their method of time travel is to insert their memories into people from the past, implying they take their memory disc and put it into the bodies of people from the past), Dr Sam Beckett of the Quantum Leap, though employing a similar means of time travel, retains his stand throughout all his travels because he retains his body while a quantum projection of the person whose consciousness he has temporarily replaced is played around it for everyone else (which is evidenced by the fact that he retains his physical strength even after leaping into a young boy).

If two stand users perform the fusion dance, they are capable of summoning a fused stand, merging the stand powers of both stands. Fusing by other means, such as the potara earrings, reveals alternative combinations of their stands.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:59 AM
It Is Frame Perfect

Digimon size inconsistencies from depiction to depiction are because Digimon are made entirely of data. Much like a 3D model in a modern video game, a Digimon's "rendering scale" can be arbitrarily changed without effecting the how many gigabytes* or whatever a Digimon takes up. So the Omegamon in Our War Game and the Omegamon in your Cyber Sleuth party are exactly as powerful, but just different sizes.

"Why would a Digimon want to be biiiiiiiiiiiig, though, Lancer?"

Some Digimon, when fighting alongside humans in particular, will choose MORE BIG PLEASE mode specifically because humans can't do that. It's a lot easier to protect something from harm when you can completely obscure them by standing in front of them. Other Digimon pick MORE BIG PLEASE mode the same way that animals will make themselves appear larger to scare predators and competition off.

* the "G" weight in Digimon V-pets has sometimes been described as standing for gigabytes, back when gigabytes were an impressively large future measurement
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM
till the sheriff stops by

Why is Scooby-Doo in a detective agency when he's clearly scared of the job. Scooby-Doo is the descendant of the Hound of the Baskervilles, reluctant but willing to set right the family name after their involvement in that famous charade. Also, in this universe, the Hound of the Baskervilles case was so big, basically everyone tried to rip it off, but without a dog and, thankfully, with fewer deaths.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:06 AM
Can't peeve the Sheev

A Star Wars book I'm reading mentions in passing that a jedi who is healing a brain injury does in part by using the Force to stimulate the secretion of progesterone. From this I've made it my headcanon that a jedi can use the Force to perform a sex reassignment (on themselves or other people).

Tags
bonkers kong , fanfiction , no-prize