The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 PM
この世の最も無智なる者

These stories are nerve wracking.

I live in constant horror of my backwards compatible PS3 dying.

Oh, this from almost a year ago just . . . got better like a month after I posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estragon View Post
My 3DS has fallen victim to the permanently on ZR button curse.

It . . . weirdly doesn't seem to affect very many games I want to play on it any time soon. I just kind of have to hold down ZL on the menu screen to cancel out the automatic page scroll to the right on the main menu.
Weird.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Back to the Bear

My big issue isn't so much with functionality, but cosmetics. The lid on my 3DS XL is starting to bubble and peel away, revealing metal underneath. My PSP 3000 in black is doing the same thing, but worse. Not really sure what I can do about it, aside from getting cases or skins for both.

Last edited by ArugulaZ; 01-12-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:10 PM
It Is Frame Perfect

My N3DSXL has an unresponsive R button, and a "sticky" right side of the d-pad. Sometimes it will do a double right press. It's not worth replacing at this point, but still... Most of the internal screws are stripped or close to it.

I guess this wasn't very irate. Sorry.

Last edited by LancerECNM; 01-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Slammaster

When my PS3 blew up, I was fortunate enough to find a 60GB fat replacement without a harddrive in it on eBay for like literally five bucks plus shipping (which was like four times the price). That one's been working for me so far, but it's been weird a couple times, and since I have a Framemeister now and PS2s in both US and Japanese flavors, if it gives up the ghost again, I'm just going with a (Not Super) Slim model.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 PM
BAG

Not exactly a console, but my Elgato HD capture card (the one no longer for sale that lets you capture component, s-video and composite) is no longer working where the HDMI OUT port is. Video goes in fine, I can record things, but the lag on the capture software is impossible to play games on.

I am emailing support now, trying to see if they will fix or replace it.
Right now I am splitting the console signals to a TV BEFORE it goes into the Elgato, but I know if I wants to do this with anything HDMI that one of those splitters is expensive and that money might be best off on another capture card.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Slammaster

So, obviously money is a factor, but I will say that I was hesitant to move to a new capture card without component until I got an upscaler, which obviates the need for that. I mean, I suspect that even if El Gato will replace it, they'll replace it with a newer model (unless they have stock of the old ones, but I feel like those stopped being the thing at least a couple years ago?).

VideoGamePerfection has OSSCs for about $170, which isn't nothing, but it's way cheaper than what I paid for my Framemeister and is definitely the route I'd go if I was getting one today.

Tags
griping , hardware , tech support