The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascally Badger View Post
Too bad the one I liked best initially, Sagani, was almost a perfect duplicate of my protagonist
Ha, same. I still ended up just running double Ranger a bunch anyway, though, because fuck it. Her fox and my bear were best pals.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:00 AM

It seems like folks didn't like Shadow of the Tomb Raider that much, but I thought it was fine. Great, even. I liked the fact that the tombs had a bit more complexity.

Screw piranhas, though.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Born in the USA

Pronouns: he/him

I have beaten Into the Breach the easiest possible way but I am not done with it by a long shot.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM

I finally finished all the cases in Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk. While it lacks a lot of interactivity, the more grounded cases made for a nice change of pace from the ridiculousness of the Ace Attorney games. And outside of a few typos, the localization was solid as well.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:11 PM
This Guy

I replayed Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. It is still charming as hell. And it had long enough in between play throughs (roughly a decade, according to save data) that I forgot all the solutions to the puzzles, so it was almost like playing it for the first time. I think I miss the early days of the Wii.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 PM
The Great

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is done. It's super uneven, with a bunch of really bizarre design decisions and bugs even after installing a few mods to tweak/fix things. Most of those are more annoying than disastrous now that the game's been patched a few times, but it was still really disheartening to finally buy the most expensive piece of equipment in the game only to find out its effect stops working entirely after you save.

Some of the bugs are more fun though, like the time I figured out I could turn my entire party into black dragons for 17 minutes:

Also pictured: my main character's pet mastodon. There are a bunch of variants for each class, and went with a Sorcerer that had an animal companion because a mage with a mastodon sounded sweet even if I expected it to fall off in usefulness pretty quickly. It really didn't though! It was good or great through the entire game and consistently scaled up in effectiveness when the rest of my party was often hampered by wonky gear availability.

Tags
a winner is you , backloggery , beat it , completed games , congraturation , fear of new threads , game over , go and rest our heroes , hoooooraaayyy for you! , i've wasted my life , too much free time , true end , victory cry , whittling the backlog , you feel strongth welling , you got the touch , you're the best around , you're winner