The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 12-26-2018, 04:25 PM
post-mystic lich princess

Pronouns: she

...oh, jeez, Gauntlet was my old brainchild. Not intended to replace labyrinths, of course- a lategame variety-infuser with purely-random encounters, not subthemed stuff- but the choices of previewed enclosed encounters still persists.

Seeing my old and incomplete mishmash work hollowed out and draped over an alien skeleton feels as weird as that line is casually morbid. It got the design-entrenched remaining devs to make a bunch of otherwise-rare gimmick encounters on the basic teleporter-choice structure in an extremely randomized fashion, at least. The use of it to kill off a portal vault when so much other problemspace still exists (hi extended) kinda cements how infinitely better I feel not thinking about Crawl on any serious lines, though.

(...the fact that I'm settling for fangames and game mods instead should feel like some sort of regression, but whateverrrr. It's still a better place to be away from This.)
Old 12-26-2018, 04:55 PM

Man, now that you mention it, I could totally see this being a cool endgame thing. They could remove the random pandemonium rune for it.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Holy Swine

I used my last teleport scroll to get into this. And no digging has shown up yet. This is in a released version (0.22)!

First time this has ever happened to me.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he

Blame the vault creator. That area should have been marked no-tele-into.

You could file a bug report if you care enough.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Holy Swine

I think I will; I already have a Sequell account. This happening in a released version is really crazy to me.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Holy Swine

Follow-up shouted into the void: I reported it and it was fixed and my save was moved out of the vault in less than two days. Wow, people at my company get paid and we can't fix things nearly that quickly.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Naughty List

Pronouns: he / him

I mean, I can usually fix things that fast, but they pay several other groups of people (operations and the change control board) to keep me from doing so...

Tags
+72 club , because crawl loves you , carry the black torch , chei of staff , cheigoyle too stronk , chief of staff , dungeon crawl , hubris is smite-targeted , italo disco , jorgrun , line of sight hell , orbit of destruction , orc jesus , roguelike , rougelike , rouse the idle dead , there is no hrm , there is only plaay , xom notices you , zot traps